Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tredegar
 General Discussion - Tredegar
 Throw the Webmaster off the Nine Arches !
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13018 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  17:59:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Throw the Webmaster off the Nine Arches !
OK, now make an orderly queue please

I'm going to participate in the annual Abseil of then Nine Arches to be held on the 4th October 2009. All monies raised will be going to the Hospice of the valley who do some amazing great work for people and their family's has been given a diagnosis that is either cancer or another life threatening condition. The Hospice are located in Morgan street in Tredegar.

Please, if you can, click on the "Just Giving" icon found on the right of the screen to donate any money (no matter how small), to help the Hospice continue their great work.

Nine Arches Link: http://www.tredegar.co.uk/arches
Hospice Website: http://www.hospiceofthevalleys.com
Download more info on the Abseil here

Samstan

827 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  07:16:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Icon link not working for me - it looks all weird and flashing!
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13018 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  08:40:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats strange, have a point at http://www.justgiving.com/Tredegar/

Wired & flashing, sounds a bit like a few members I know on the forum to me ;-)

Training preparations are under way to acclimatise myself to heights , with plans to go up the ladder on the weekend to clean the webcam. :o)
Go to Top of Page

Samstan

827 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  22:22:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best of luck tomorrow. What time is this going? on as I might pop along with my camera.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13018 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  17:29:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sam,

Sorry, just seen your message. I went at 2:00 this afternoon......

A MASSIVE thanks to all that donated to the event.
In total, www.Tredegar.co.uk raised £405.18 to go to help the Hospice of the Valley.

And for the abseil itself - well easy with my army training ;-)

Thanks all, and I mean that.......

Pierre
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2302 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  18:03:03 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Done That Man!

Memories are made of these.....
www.tredegar.co.uk/starlight
Go to Top of Page

Samstan

827 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  21:47:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice one mate. We went along earlier to watch the brave ones! We were supposed to go back at 2pm to see a mate go off but we were late getting dinner so didn't make it :(
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  20:16:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Abseilers Take Plunge For Valleys Hospice
Source - South Wales Argus

AROUND 50 brave Gwent residents took on a 60ft abseiling challenge at the weekend to raise money for the Heads of the Valleys Hospice.

Adults and children ranging from 11 to 60 years old abseiled down the Nine Arches Viaduct in Tredegar.
The total amount raised has not yet been confirmed but it is hoped a target of at least £2,000 will be reached.
All the money raised will go towards the hospice which provides free, high quality care for people suffering from cancer in Blaenau Gwent as well as support for their families.
Amongst those taking part in the challenge were Blaenau Gwent’s Executive Member for Leisure, Cllr Jason Owen, Director of Leisure Services, Lynn Phillips and Tourism Officer Alyson Tippings.
Fundraiser for Hospice of the Valleys, Helen Morgan said: “The atmosphere on the day was great and everyone who took on the challenge completed it. We will definitely be doing the abseil event next year but possibly making it a bit more challenging.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.