HILLS COACH
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lippyfam

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  14:02:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone give me ome info on a place called Hills coach AS my Aunt floss Lippiatt worked there until she died Her son Grahm still lives in the area in Gwent somewereWould love to get to travel over to see the country of my dads birth Alot of good Welshmen live in Scranton Pa

Sunny8

United Kingdom
144 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  17:58:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry i personally have never heard of the place. Hope you get some info on it though.
Go to Top of Page

jinx22

68 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  18:02:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hills coach is not a place, hills coachs was a bus company they had garage or depot i should say in the cefn golau area of tredegar after harry hill died in the early 90s (i think it was the 90s) the company was sold off and the garage was knocked down as for your aunt i think i remember the name but im not to sure
Go to Top of Page

eily1

1 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2005 :  15:07:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a great book on the history of the Welsh in Scsranton called "Wales in America" By Dr. Bill (William) Jones, in case anyone is interested.
Go to Top of Page

lippyfam

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2005 :  14:49:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
eily thanks will have to try to find it
Go to Top of Page

gazz

24 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  17:09:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My grandfather worked on Hill's buses for most of his life[Llew Edmunds]as a driver and it used to be a great treat for me to wait for him in the circle where he would drive in from Ashvale pick me up along with other passengers and take me over to Rhymney and back,never having to pay of course,and the days always seemed to be sunny.
Fun times
Go to Top of Page

Sherrr02

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2005 :  05:25:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by gazz

My grandfather worked on Hill's buses for most of his life[Llew Edmunds]as a driver and it used to be a great treat for me to wait for him in the circle where he would drive in from Ashvale pick me up along with other passengers and take me over to Rhymney and back,never having to pay of course,and the days always seemed to be sunny.
Fun times
I have just found this Tredegar site & noticed your comment.I am the owner of a coach new to Hill`s in 1972 registration number EWO460K, would you have any info on the Hill1s bus company or this coach in particular.
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

D_Jonesy

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  14:14:03 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
Just found these old pics of Hills buses on ebay, click on this link to see the listing. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=69838&item=6535917789&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Go to Top of Page

andy

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  20:09:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i remember the ol charlie hills buses,they went everywhere,i remember my nan saying ...you got the catch the charlie hills bus to so and so,hehe good memories
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.