Serving The Town of Tredegar with News & Information Since 1991  

Tredegar Forum
Tredegar Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook

All Forums
 Tredegar
 General Discussion - Tredegar
 Relief Roads A465to Tafarnaubach Industrial estate

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videomySpace videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sailor Posted - 25/01/2008 : 18:25:50
Firstly I would like to thank all the people who are assisting in my campaign to get the HGV's off Merthyr Road which runs through Princetown and past Bryn Bach School. When I first started I was helped by Trish Law AM Dai Davis MP Mohammad Askhar AM for Newport East,and Brian Thomas councillor.Gwent Gazette and Nearly every parent with children at Bryn Bach school signed the petition,also Residents of Tredegar and HGV drivers.I made various DVD's showing HGV's following schoolchildren along the pavements etc, As a result,Ieaun Wyn Jones deputy Minister came to see the problem and view the Proposal for a Slip road off the A465.A meeting was then called at the Welsh Assembly,a number of options were discussed,none were suitable, I have now sent in a new proposal for a slip road off the A465 up to Llecryd Bridge along Merthyr road,across a field owned by Pen-coed-Cae farm on past behind the Prince Of Wales Inn at Princetown then across the field owned by Caerphilly Council and to join up with the top road of Tafarnaubach Industrial Estate,return journey using the same road,then down to Ryhmney Bridge slip roads. The Director of Transport Wales has now sent this proposal to Blaenau Gwent Council.Stephen Thomas Deputy leader of the Council will be looking into these proposals,together with Mr John Parsons Highways. I am hoping that Caerphilly Council will come onboard. I dont think there is any other road that runs past a Primary school into an Industrial Estate,it's an accident waiting to happen. WHAT COST can we put on a childs life. Anyone else got any suggestions? A view of the area can be seen on Google Earth
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pierre Posted - 22/06/2015 : 17:14:01
Many thanks to fredd for the photo, and sailor for the reminder.

It appears that a transport company has moved into the Trafanauch Ind Est. Anybody know if any our the locals were asked about the possibility of the extra traffic outside the school ?

kay16 Posted - 13/10/2010 : 21:00:06
Sailor,again i am sending you good luck wishes with all of this,hope you get everything you want especially as you keep on saying children's safety is involved. As you might have read we are now having trouble with the delivery lorry down here now especially around school time and at least 3 children [well that we have seen for ourselves] have very nearly been knocked down because of them.We have only had this to deal with for 5 months, you have had years of this,so now more than every i would say you have the full support of every parent down here so good luck.
gatekeeper Posted - 13/10/2010 : 20:32:58
that's good news sailor. i was walking up merthyr road a few weeks back and some small kid will get hurt or worst with then hgv speeding past.
IF the assembly are giving the money 2 do the work what is the delay with the council do they not care?
sailor Posted - 13/10/2010 : 20:00:22
Here we go again, A meeting has been called by the Leader of BGCC for November 5th to press ahead for a relief road. Nick Smith MP. Alun Davies AM and Trish Law AM who will continue to fight for us to the day she stands down.The ball is now in the hands of Blaenau Gwent.the Assembly Goverment seem content to move forward with a scheme but will not commit funding until it has the support of BGCC

On another related subject to peruade BGCC to reduce the speed limit outside the school it seems we may have success.fingers crossed
pierre Posted - 24/07/2010 : 21:01:47
An e-mail was sent to them (Tredegar Town Cocunil) thanking them for their support.

Dear Ms Keane,
Just a quick note of thanks for your letter of July 2010 showing your support for the campain to find alternative routes for the HGV traffic around Bryn-Bach school. We have been campaigning for some time on the safety issue of the children at the school, and you letter of support is appreciated.

pierre Posted - 24/07/2010 : 20:59:40
A positive letter from Tredegar Town Council to Sailor on the campaign to get the HGV's off Merthyr Road and away from the school.

sailor Posted - 22/07/2010 : 19:10:19
NO more new meetings yet,I understand Trish Law will be putting out a press release.
administrator Posted - 22/07/2010 : 10:21:50
Thanks for the update sailor. Are anymore meeting/updates from the council planned.

admin.
sailor Posted - 22/07/2010 : 08:49:40
Meeting opened by Councillor Don Wilcox who stated that It's not his problem anymore,Councillor Morris will be taking over his job, Trish Law spoke very well and fired questions at Councillor Wilcox and Mr Clive Rogers. They have agreed that they or should I say Blaenau Gwent will continue to apply for funding for this relief road,but lay all the blame on the Deputy First Minister for not granting them funding, Trish Law will speak again with the Minister, In the meantime a speed moniter will be in place for four weeks,two before the start of the new term and two weeks during the school term,with a view to placing a 20 mile speed limit near the school.Mrs V Harriman representing the school mothers asked for an exstension of the barriers outside the school.At the request of HGV drivers I asked for parking restriction lines near to the lower chicaines,as HGV drivers found it difficult and dangerous when cars park to close to the chicaines. A discussion took place on the dangers not only when the school is open but during normal days and the pedestrians attending Bryn Bach park,some part of the pavements are illegal (not wide enough)
kay16 Posted - 14/07/2010 : 11:48:01
Yep Sailor,It would seem like we are talking about the same person,a very arrogant,domineering,overbearing,condescending man.The way he handled the site meeting in Woodfield was terrible.He gave the planning office time to speak and anyone with united welsh time,but as soon as us little people [well that's what it felt like] had a question or anything to say he shot us down,there wasn't enough time to discuss whatever we wanted.This man really needs to be brought down a peg or two and he should be made to realise he is not untouchable as i'm sure in his little world,he thinks he is.He is playing with peoples lives [not that it bothers him over in six bells]but he couldn't care less.
sailor Posted - 14/07/2010 : 09:18:22
Kay, He is Don Wilcox regeneneration with his finger in every pie so maybe Yes you could be right.Not a very nice person.
kay16 Posted - 13/07/2010 : 18:26:02
Sailor,is this counc Wilcox the same as in the chairman of the planning committee,the person who lives in Six Bells [i think]?
sailor Posted - 13/07/2010 : 08:12:51
Well Now, even before the meeting of the 21st I have been informed by Councillor Wilcox that It's bad news no hope. How on earth did this man get voted in as a councillor for the peoples party.Watch htt://www.senedd.tv/index.isf. into schedule then petitions broadcast today 0930 for update by the petitions committee.can be viewed anytime after broadcast.(if not found click on homepage)
sailor Posted - 07/07/2010 : 16:51:33
WOW, at long last Councillor Wilcox and his officers have agreed to meet Trish Law, myself and a few people I shall be taking along.

Meeting to take place at the regeneration offices Tafarnaubach on Wednesday 21st June at 11 am. One week short of two years when I first met them,then they decided that they would take up the fight for a relief road. NOTHING has been achived since they took over.

I shall be asking the question Do they ever intend to apply for funding,which I know is available.

I am not holding my breath. watch this space.
kay16 Posted - 01/07/2010 : 14:22:00
Hi Sailor,like i said to you before I find it quite absurd that we were told by the council that we HAD to have a 20mph limit outside Georgetown School because of the busy,dangerous road outside the bottom gates [even though the resident's told them it was only dangerous because of the parking problems with some of the moron parents and boy are some of them stupid]but your road is 100 times worse. I know you have the humps etc but that's beside the point. What it boils down too is BGCBC make a massive cock-up by not having a relief road to the estate when the Heads were done and no way on earth are they 1-going to admit to this and 2-not in the least bit interested in even trying to make amends and sort this mess out.So good luck to you and i hope you finally get the help and the outcome you want.
sailor Posted - 01/07/2010 : 08:10:40
Hello Kay, Yes I can confirm that Alun Davies is an AM. WHY NO 20MPH speed Limit? WHY no meeting yet with Don Wilcox and his officers?

KAY, IT has become a personal thing with BGCBC. Because a Mr nobody even dared ask them to put in a 20 MPH speed limit,and also suggest a relief road. As a result of my petition Mr Rogers and Mr Parsons having failed in their duties to apply for a safe route to school grant,turned up at a meeting between the Dupty first Minister Ieuan Wyn Jones, Trish Law,Myself and others,they having been invited by Councillor Steve Thomas,they managed to persuade the minister in getting well over two hundred thousand pounds for the barriers outside the school. They were not interested in getting a relief road. But to shut me up, a meeting was called where I attended at the Tafarnaubach Industrial estate. Councillor Wilcox and his band of officers,decided that THEY would now carry on the fight for a relief road ALL LIES,they have done nothing(please read previous reports) Mr Rogers highways stated. NO VEHICLES TRAVEL MORE THAN SIX MILES PER HOUR PASS THE SCHOOL. no need for speed restrictions. What a joke.Don't write Trish Law off she has worked her socks off for Blaenau Gwent, It is just a pity she gets no support from certain councillors in her own party.
kay16 Posted - 30/06/2010 : 22:38:28
Are you sure that Alun Davies is an AM member? The reason i ask is because the man talk's a bit of sense,especially about the 20mph. Why has this not been done before as i think that Bryn Bach School must be the only school in B/Gwent that isn't 20mph and i know the fuss the council made about Georgetown School insisting that from the Firs to Park Place be made 20mph,but not a word about Bryn Bach with all that heavy traffic.Well at least that's a start and if they say there is no money Georgetown school had a grant for the work and speed humps.
pierre Posted - 30/06/2010 : 22:16:15
Thanks again go to sailor for sending in the letter he received from AM Alun Davies.

Remember - if / when you see your local councilor, ask them to support this cause before a child get seriously injured, or worst !

sailor Posted - 24/06/2010 : 12:46:16
Having now held a meeting with Alun Davies AM We now have another champion to help us out. I have sent a copy of a letter received from Alun Davies to the webmaster.I am still awaiting a meeting with Don Wilcox and his officers,but I am not holding my breath. BGCBC officers have been opposed to the idea of a relief road from the outset.
kay16 Posted - 23/05/2010 : 17:16:46
Well done sailor,i am so pleased for you and i don't want to put a dampner on all your hard work but please be carefull where Trish Law is concerned.As you know i posted about the Woodfield Road Development and i said that in a public meeting which Trish Law attended she said she was concerned about the culvert and wanted an emergency meeting called to address the flooding problems,well that was in Feb it is now nearly June and our labour councillor Keith Hayden has asked for the minuite's of this meeting, months ago, and as of yet no one can find any or anyone who attended this meeting or if it ever took place,so please be carefull,but i really do hope you get this by-pass as so many children's lives [not forgetting adults too] are at risk here.So all the best,keep us posted and i will be seeing Keith Hayden [not Jason Owen] to see if there is anything we can do down here to help.
sailor Posted - 23/05/2010 : 07:39:16
LIKE I SAID "DOWN BUT NOT YET OUT) A meeting was held friday 21st at my home. Alun Davies AM for Mid and South West Wales, Chairman of the Regional Development and for the Heads of the Valleys,together with a number of residents discussed the Relief Road.Trish Law AM was not in attendance but has once again requested a meeting with Councillor Wilcox and his officers. Alun Davies AM will also be getting in touch with Councillor Hillman leader of the council also. Nick Smith MP has already put questions to the highways department at the Welsh Assembly. So folks I or should I say Children, Parents, Residents, WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT, Please badger your AM's and councillors.
pierre Posted - 08/04/2010 : 21:58:21
Reply from us to Dia Davies is below.

Mr Davies,

You have not read the latest letters from Blaenau-Gwent Council then I take it. They have stated in black and white that they have made the decision for the slip road to go ahead. I urge you to take up the matter with Trish Law as a matter of urgency!

To recap, please visit the website http://www.tredegar.co.uk/trafficatbrynbachschool/ that’s shows the video’s etc that were shown on the main welsh news.

Your reply has now been placed on the Tredegar web-site for all to view.

http://www.tredegar.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=-1&TOPIC_ID=1754&REPLY_ID=25689

Thank you for your time,

Webmaster@Tredegar.co.uk

sailor Posted - 07/04/2010 : 16:33:24
OH Dear!!! Dai is out of touch. I honestly belive he has not read the replies from BGCC.Sorry Dai your OFF my Xmas card list.I don't think Trisl Law will be pleased with his reply.As for Nick Smith Please keep up to date. WE HAVE NEVER HAD ANY SUPPORT FROM THE HEADMASTER OF BRYNBACH SCHOOL as for taking away part of the school playing fields THIS was a NON starter from the word go never brought up in any discussions other than by Capita Symonds who provided a detailed survey at a very costly price (even cocked it up)I have a copy should anyone wish to read it.
pierre Posted - 07/04/2010 : 12:09:11
Reply in from Dai Davies below:

The decision not to put a slip road into Tafarnaubach Industrial Estate was not made by Bleanau Gwent Borough Council but by the Welsh Assembly Government and the Heads of the Valleys Road designers who have stated on many occasions that there is not enough room to put slip roads on and off the main dual carriageway.

Both Trish Law AM and myself have supported residents request for slip road access to the Industrial Estate and in fact held a site meeting with the Deputy First Minister to explore all options.

Trish Law and myself will support the work continuing and ensure all avenues are explored to alleviate in any way possible the traffic congestion around Bryn Bach Primary school.

Dai Davies

pierre Posted - 07/04/2010 : 09:45:44
Reply in from Nick Smith, please see below.

Thank you for you email re the traffic situation at Bryn Bach Primary School. I used to live in Waundeg and so am well acquainted with the area and a relative who lives just opposite Parc Bryn Bach was telling me about road safety issues there just last week.

I visited the school with Alun Davies AM before the school broke up at Easter and had a long discussion with the headmaster who outlined the history of traffic problems in the vicinity of the school. He thanked both of us for listening and visiting the school to ask their point of view.

I have since contacted a local ward councillor to ask for more information on the matter and we are in discussions over some traffic management ideas. If I am elected, I will certainly return to the school and pursue this issue. I am reluctant to comment on Blaenau Gwent’s decision not to build the bypass until I am in full possession of the facts. If I have more news prior to the election, I will get back to you. However, I understand that many of the options were either prohibitively expensive or not viable with regards to design protocols. One proposition was to remove a large amount of the school playing field, a proposal that was not supported by the school or the LEA. Also, I will be knocking doors in that area over the coming weeks and speaking to local people on this matter for sure.

I hope to be in touch again soon,

Nick Smith

Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.