Serving The Town of Tredegar with News & Information Since 1991  

Tredegar Forum
Tredegar Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook

All Forums
 Tredegar
 General Discussion - Tredegar
 car down the line

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videomySpace videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
salvatore79 Posted - 22/11/2011 : 15:07:46
just took dogs for a walk down the line and was shocked to see a car that had gone through the crash barrier on the roundabout down the banking and through a fence.
car really badly smashed up and blood over airbag, but talking to a lady and gent who live in the houses by the roundabout, the driver run off ...looking at the car he's very lucky to survive that let alone be able to run
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
butch Posted - 28/11/2011 : 20:06:38
that would have been too easy fred,theres no money in plastic bumpers,only in scrap metal,yet another lazy selfish act from the recovery firm
fredd Posted - 27/11/2011 : 17:39:57
..I Saw 2 recovery trucks on the roundabout, Friday around 5.30 pm recovering the car It would'nt have been that hard for them to have taken the bumpers and any other parts, at the same time.. Considering they will be paid Handsomely for removihg it......!!
butch Posted - 27/11/2011 : 16:00:16
went down the line with my son and dog this morning,car is gone but the rear and front bumpers are still there,yet another eyesore for us. i hope they are taken away when the crash barrier is repaired, sometime in the distant future perhaps.??
fredd Posted - 24/11/2011 : 21:16:06
..I Noticed that the Badly Smashed Vauxhall Vectra Was Still there this afternoon......???????
fredd Posted - 23/11/2011 : 22:43:21
..Of Course there's a Strong Possibility, of Whoever run off bleading from the crash, could be in the same state as the car ..??
kay16 Posted - 23/11/2011 : 21:13:43
On your way to work/late for work and drinking the night before so over the limit is a possibility Samstan.
Samstan Posted - 23/11/2011 : 21:01:25
or stolen or driver was over the limit.
kay16 Posted - 23/11/2011 : 20:48:23
As you said fredd/salvatore79, very lucky to be alive but it's the running off bit that's got me wondering. Surely if you had just had an accident like this and you were injured or even if you weren't wouldn't you have called a paramedic/ambulance to be checked over or even the police?
Unless of course you were not legal? But then the car number plate would give you away unless it was cloned etc.
fredd Posted - 23/11/2011 : 20:08:02
..It's an Absolute Miracle That Anyone in that car survived , When You consider that it Must Have hit the barrier, and gone under it .. As You can see from the damage on the roof of the car, and that the skid mark started near the Mill Farm junction......!! The Main part of the barrier that goes from one side to the other is still intact, but the stays in the ground were ripped out, I cant imagine why the roof did'nt get ripped off the car .. .. .. !!
pierre Posted - 23/11/2011 : 14:19:50
Images from this morning..........

Samstan Posted - 23/11/2011 : 07:43:52
quote:
Originally posted by kay16

Seen it on my way to Newport at about 1.30pm, was gonna post on here when i go home but didn't get back till late. Got that orange webbing/plastic stuff from one end of the barrier to the other now. Who ever it was must have hit it at speed as the barrier has not only been dented but the one end is fully out of the ground.
I'm with you fredd,thought it was a lorry that didn't take the roundabout.

The funny thing is I noticed the one end was out of the ground yesterday morning on my way to work and assumed that someone must have hit it on Monday evening. Then this morning the barrier was, for want of a better description, totally knackered!
salvatore79 Posted - 22/11/2011 : 23:21:19
yeah they were putting the orange stuff up when i was walking dogs, they couldnt of known there was a roundabout and going to fast to stop..very lucky whoever they are but i bet they hurting today!!
fredd Posted - 22/11/2011 : 23:03:41
Check Out The Massive Skid Mark on the road Before It Obliterated That area ..!!!!
kay16 Posted - 22/11/2011 : 22:53:25
Sorry don't know why but my stupid computer is playing up and double posted.
kay16 Posted - 22/11/2011 : 22:52:47
Seen it on my way to Newport at about 1.30pm, was gonna post on here when i go home but didn't get back till late. Got that orange webbing/plastic stuff from one end of the barrier to the other now. Who ever it was must have hit it at speed as the barrier has not only been dented but the one end is fully out of the ground.
I'm with you fredd,thought it was a lorry that didn't take the roundabout.
salvatore79 Posted - 22/11/2011 : 22:37:28
no fredd it was a astra i know shocking they took out trees and a big wooden fence aswell
fredd Posted - 22/11/2011 : 18:07:06
.. I Was quite shocked to see that the Barrier, on the Heathfield roundabout was completly ripped out of the ground, when I travelled down the valley about 4. I assumed that it Must have been a lorry to do That Much Damage ......!!

Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.