Serving The Town of Tredegar with News & Information Since 1991  

Tredegar Forum
Tredegar Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook

All Forums
 Tredegar
 TOWN NEWS
 Tredegar Town Council - Council Tax Hike 9.42% !

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videomySpace videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pierre Posted - 20/03/2008 : 21:55:39
Just done some calculations looking the information on Blaenau Gwent's web-site and my recently delivered Council Tax "Demand" for this year.

On the "Demand" is gives a breakdown what Tredegar Town Council gets, as well as the Gwent Police Authority.

For my house "Band F", last year I paid 40.42 to Tredegar Town Council, and this year I will be paying 44.23.

Thats an increase of 9.42% !

So Blaenau Gwent Council congratulate themselves at (an average) of an increase of 3.9%, and Tredegar Town Council hit us with an increase of 9.42% !

Again, we urge you to download the report below, and then ask your self what exactly they will do for you, for an extra 9.42% when the average pay increase is currently around 2.5% !

www.tredegar.co.uk/ttc/white_paper_tcc_feb_2008.pdf

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
clive Posted - 25/03/2008 : 17:10:40
All these increases in what we have to pay out each month seems to be gong up and up yet our wages never do. We have seen big increases in our food bills, car and fuel bills, electric and gas prices, mortgage payments go up yet to cost of our home are coming down in price and now a massive 9.42% increase in our property tax. don't leave us much out of our pay packets each week does it.

Looking around the town you do seem to ask yourself Where does all that money from our property tax go. Yet you look at the areas were our beloved councillors live and all the new expensive cars parked in the councils car park it does make you wonder.

I wonder if under the Freedom of Informations act we can find out what they spend all our property taxes on and how many perks our top councillors get from it.
I bet a few Quangos are still lurking about town somewhere chewing up money and giving back nothing.

Have a nice day (*_*)
Clive
www.griffin-internet-computing.co.uk
The Godfather Posted - 25/03/2008 : 15:05:17
after reading the white paper in full, It only makes me feel even more angry having to post off my Council Tax cheque every month....

Yankee Doodle Posted - 21/03/2008 : 00:54:13
Wow, thats a big hike. How do they get away with that?
pierre Posted - 20/03/2008 : 22:37:19
item listed on main news page.......

Amazing......
GOM Posted - 20/03/2008 : 22:06:48
9.42% we get very little and at the risk of putting my foot in it again we dont even get councillors that work for us the people.

Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.