Serving The Town of Tredegar with News & Information Since 1991  

Tredegar Forum
Tredegar Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook

All Forums
 Tredegar
 TOWN NEWS
 tesco tredegar?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videomySpace videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
uncle bob Posted - 19/08/2011 : 19:22:21
i feel it very strange and unlike tesco if it intends to open a store in tredegar not to have signs everywhere stating where the store will be and when it will open,
has anyone seen a tesco notice? nor me!
a lot of talk localy and on this website but no official notice anywhere not even on the empty building where it's supposed to be going..............strange?
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cupcake Posted - 13/02/2012 : 19:49:13
Me too fizz ,it'll be happy shopping for Kay ,Cae me and you lol
fizz Posted - 13/02/2012 : 19:29:03
I went to town today and Home Bargains looks huge with loads of staff in there stocking up the shelves. Town looked the best it has in years I think. With Tesco's. home bargains, the catalogue shop etc. I hope they all stay open so that we can finally have a bit of choice on what we want to buy.
kay16 Posted - 13/02/2012 : 19:08:47
Look's like town is going to be a bit busy on Sat then lol.
I'm like you cupcake every time we go to Ebbw or Brynmawr Asda we always end up in Home Bargains. Was in the Brynmawr one twice in one day last week as went to Halfords with the other half and he wanted to go in there then 2 hours later went to Asda with my daughter and she wanted to go in there so went again and yes ended up spending money in there both times lol.
Guess Tesco will have to lower the price of a pack of 6 Golden Wonder crisps now then? 1.40ish in Tesco-----69p in Home Bargains!
Cae Posted - 13/02/2012 : 18:55:41
I can't wait for it to open - I'm always finding little items that are suitable to pop in with my penpals' letters and for their birthdays.
cupcake Posted - 13/02/2012 : 14:46:00
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Polly

got told it the 18th Feb ????

I heard that too Miss Polly ,it looks as if its going to be a big store too ,the one in Ebbw Vale is not so big still love to go in there for a browse though . Well Kay it 'll be another shop to look in lol
Miss Polly Posted - 13/02/2012 : 13:21:25
got told it the 18th Feb ????
kay16 Posted - 13/02/2012 : 13:05:54
Afternoon all,I noticed yesterday cupcake on my way to Farmfoods that the signs were up,the shelving was up, even the policeman on the door to stop shoplifters was up,all it needed was the shelves stacked.
Anyone got a date of opening?
GOM Posted - 13/02/2012 : 11:59:49
Well its got to be better than Tescos we think tescos shop has been a disappointment.

Still never mind MR Tesco Ill be off (foot permitting) to Asda on tuesday for a proper shopping experience.

The

G.O.M.

cupcake Posted - 13/02/2012 : 10:55:00
They are working hard in "Home Bargains ", shop ,be glad to see it open ,love the shop
Miss Polly Posted - 24/12/2011 : 17:29:05
Tesco is open on boxing day if you need anything
fredd Posted - 10/12/2011 : 21:59:14
quote:
Originally posted by anewman

Sorry to say, but wait until Tesco do what they did at Risca Extra. I.e. lay staff off, apparently with the excuse there is not enough customers. Then shortly after get people working full time for 0 per hour from the Job Centre under the Workfare scheme for 4 weeks, with someone new coming every 4 weeks. While they work for nothing they're told their benefits will stop if they don't do it, and there is clearly no actual prospect of a job whatsoever. Supposedly this is in the interests of the unemployed as it gives them experience.

What Tesco appear to do is to try justify opening a store and gaining planning permission, by promising to deliver x number of jobs to the local community - which they only do for a few months after the store opens. Once the permission is granted they have the store already and can do what they want regarding employment.

..........hello Alan And Welcome Aboard The Tredegar Forum .. I Must Say It Sounds like, You Know The Truth About All These Problems..........!!
anewman Posted - 10/12/2011 : 16:00:53
Sorry to say, but wait until Tesco do what they did at Risca Extra. I.e. lay staff off, apparently with the excuse there is not enough customers. Then shortly after get people working full time for 0 per hour from the Job Centre under the Workfare scheme for 4 weeks, with someone new coming every 4 weeks. While they work for nothing they're told their benefits will stop if they don't do it, and there is clearly no actual prospect of a job whatsoever. Supposedly this is in the interests of the unemployed as it gives them experience.

What Tesco appear to do is to try justify opening a store and gaining planning permission, by promising to deliver x number of jobs to the local community - which they only do for a few months after the store opens. Once the permission is granted they have the store already and can do what they want regarding employment.
ddraig Posted - 09/12/2011 : 23:13:03
I have a club card and I received a voucher Carol mary
Looking forward to a look around and spending it, any new shop is a bonus for Tredegar
Roll on Home bargains
Angel Posted - 09/12/2011 : 22:18:34
It was great to see more people in town this morning Tesco was very busy .At last people that haven't got their own transport can have the convenience of a tesco's once again in Tredegar.This must be a step forward for our town.
bobbank Posted - 09/12/2011 : 21:00:17
yes . whatever the selection of goods or prices , it has to be a good thing for the town that one of our empty shops is up and running again, welcome back tesco!
pierre Posted - 09/12/2011 : 20:48:26
quote:
Originally posted by kay16

You are so lucky Pierre as yet again i didn't!! Yet again i only know about it because my mother in law had one pushed/delivered through her letterbox. God know's how she had one if posted as she doesn't even do her own shopping,we do it and she doesn't even have a club card but i do and i get nothing lol!
So what did you think of the new shop then Pierre?

hi,
well I only popped my head around the door, but the feedback off family and friends is good. Don't think or expect to get the same prices as stores that are 10 times larger. The good news is that's Tesco has come back to the town. They would have not invested in Tredegar if they seen no future here....

At midday, the main town carpark was completely full

carol mary Posted - 09/12/2011 : 20:07:25
club card holders dont recieve them, i always have my dads offers...
GOM Posted - 09/12/2011 : 19:40:29
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sorry Kay guess the G.O.L must have had yours as she had 2.

The

G.O.M.

terms and conditions apply.

kay16 Posted - 09/12/2011 : 19:12:05
You are so lucky Pierre as yet again i didn't!! Yet again i only know about it because my mother in law had one pushed/delivered through her letterbox. God know's how she had one if posted as she doesn't even do her own shopping,we do it and she doesn't even have a club card but i do and i get nothing lol!
So what did you think of the new shop then Pierre?
pierre Posted - 09/12/2011 : 16:51:04
quote:
Originally posted by kay16

Did anyone else have a leaflet about the new Tesco through their door today?

Yes, we got one Kay16...

pierre Posted - 09/12/2011 : 16:09:22
Great to see its open, and a positive move for our town

Picture taken this morning.......

GOM Posted - 09/12/2011 : 14:47:46
G.O.L tells me Tesco wont be around for long its of little use, poor selection, expensive and not a shop for the weekly shop and even for the odd item you may need they don't seem to keep.

The

G.O.L.

fredd Posted - 09/12/2011 : 12:00:35
quote:
Originally posted by tarkus

alligator teeth a waste of money then,give em to the boys in the transit pick ups

...That's an Excellent point Tarkus......!!
tarkus Posted - 09/12/2011 : 10:22:08
alligator teeth a waste of money then,give em to the boys in the transit pick ups

kay16 Posted - 08/12/2011 : 23:16:32
Asda carpark Blackwood comes to mind Fredd!!!

Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.