Serving The Town of Tredegar with News & Information Since 1991  

Tredegar Forum
Tredegar Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook

All Forums
 Tredegar
 TOWN NEWS
 Gas Works Car Park

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videomySpace videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kenneth.reardon Posted - 09/08/2011 : 19:33:51
I wonder if anyone from the Park Place area is aware of plans to convert the former gas works site into a car park. I saw a notice tied to a post last Sunday. Perhaps someone in the area could confirm if they have received written notification. I feel it is a bad idea and I am lodging an objection. The address on the notice is:
Development Plans Manager, Business Resource Centre, Tafarnaubach Industrial Estate NP22 3AA ( Tele.01495 354740)
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pierre Posted - 04/12/2011 : 20:22:09
another picture, this time from the Park Place end.

Wide-Angle

fredd Posted - 19/11/2011 : 21:03:32
OOPS ..!! Such is Life . At the end of the day we are All Just Humans ..!!
fizz Posted - 19/11/2011 : 20:19:42
oops , I somehow put that last post on the wrong blog!! :)
fizz Posted - 19/11/2011 : 20:15:35
Yay. My friend lives near a tesco express and she says theres always lots of bargains to be had if you go later in the day.
tarkus Posted - 19/11/2011 : 20:10:28
quote:
Originally posted by fredd

quote:
Originally posted by vicky

I been told its any american company whos bought the ground, and it is supposed to be for houses but cant tell you know more than that, but who knows any think can spring up around here

....I really dont think there'll be a car park Springing up there ..!!....,,

Unless its a multi storey

fredd Posted - 19/11/2011 : 18:46:17
quote:
Originally posted by vicky

I been told its any american company whos bought the ground, and it is supposed to be for houses but cant tell you know more than that, but who knows any think can spring up around here

....I really dont think there'll be a car park Springing up there ..!!....,,
vicky Posted - 19/11/2011 : 18:37:28
pierre Posted - 19/11/2011 : 17:12:47
A lot of work going on there !

uncle bob Posted - 19/11/2011 : 16:39:27
What a surprise !!! a development?
a car park with all that extensive work being carried out?
i think not !!!
Howie1966 Posted - 19/11/2011 : 15:53:08
Isnt it great, Unused Derelict pieces of land being snapped up for developement..
hawkeye Posted - 14/11/2011 : 22:01:39
An awful lot of work going on for a carpark?????
pierre Posted - 28/10/2011 : 18:52:57
You know what Daleks, that's a very good point!

Congestion is terrible down there, with cars parked all over the place......

Daleks Posted - 28/10/2011 : 18:30:56
What baffles me with all the parking problems in the area is why isn't the car park opposite the old NCB Offices site made use of ? Surely it's a public car park but always seems to be locked up. It would also alleviate the parking problems around school finishing time every week day. Come on BGCBC Councillors think about it before an accident occurs there.

quote:
Originally posted by kay16

Had my letter earlier on in the week Uncle Bob.
With any luck it'll be a car park soon so no one who goes to kidzrus,church,orpheus,snooker hall will have any excuse to park in park place/in the ruddy bus stop where the bus can't pull in,richmond/poplar road anymore and the roads will be a hell of a lot safer.
In a perfect world!!!!!

peterpan Posted - 28/10/2011 : 16:41:15
PUT A WIND FARM ON IT-THAT'S WHAT I DO

OR A TRAVELLERS SITE OR.....A REFUGE, SUBSIDED, CHEAP & AFFORDABLE HOUSING A.K.A POSH ESTATE FOR COUNCILLORS
fredd Posted - 27/10/2011 : 23:34:24
OR Would you have liked to find out the Hard Way as well
fredd Posted - 27/10/2011 : 23:32:46
quote:

Yeah i know but you're just standing there with this great big pin lol.That's twice today now Fredd,first 24hr tesco now this.
Just have to wait and see i guess?

It wasnt MY idea to stop the 24Hr tesco .... i justpointed out that Everyone still assumes its 24 Hr and unfortunately it is not
kay16 Posted - 27/10/2011 : 23:13:29
Yeah i know but you're just standing there with this great big pin lol.That's twice today now Fredd,first 24hr tesco now this.
Just have to wait and see i guess?
fredd Posted - 27/10/2011 : 22:51:45
quote:

Well that's what i've heard has been proposed now Fredd.
Fingers crossed.Think the land is a bit too contaminated for houses and would take a lot of clearing and money, so this idea could be easier and cheaper maybe?
Please let me have a little bit of hope Fredd lol!!!!!

..Obviously I'd Love to wish You the Best of Luck kay..!!
kay16 Posted - 27/10/2011 : 22:39:27
Well that's what i've heard has been proposed now Fredd.
Fingers crossed.Think the land is a bit too contaminated for houses and would take a lot of clearing and money, so this idea could be easier and cheaper maybe?
Please let me have a little bit of hope Fredd lol!!!!!
fredd Posted - 27/10/2011 : 21:33:46
.. I'm Sorry to Burst Your Bubble Kay But, can you Imagine that place ever being a carpark..??...
kay16 Posted - 27/10/2011 : 21:09:55
Had my letter earlier on in the week Uncle Bob.
With any luck it'll be a car park soon so no one who goes to kidzrus,church,orpheus,snooker hall will have any excuse to park in park place/in the ruddy bus stop where the bus can't pull in,richmond/poplar road anymore and the roads will be a hell of a lot safer.
In a perfect world!!!!!
uncle bob Posted - 27/10/2011 : 20:53:33
I Had a letter today addressed to the occupier, normally they go straight into the recycling bag unopened but today my wife opened it and inside was a plan to improvement to the old gasworks site near us
On the cover is a cracking Arial photo of the site when it was intact, in black and white,I’d better not scan and put it on the website because of copyright issues
fredd Posted - 16/08/2011 : 09:11:49
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/south-wales-news/blaenau-gwent/2011/02/17/former-gas-site-reclaim-plans-cause-concern-91466-28175559/

Former gas site reclaim plans cause concern
by Ian Caleb, Gwent Gazette
Feb 17 2011
SharePLANS to reclaim a contaminated former Gas Holder station for housing have left a couple concerned for their home and a councillor worried over school funding.

Councillors granted outline planning permission to Wales and West Utilities for the redevelopment of the Vale Terrace site in Tredegar for up to 25 residential units.

But because decontaminating the site will cost £1.2m to £1.8m, a planned £66,000 contribution to Georgetown Primary School and £72,000 for Tredegar Comprehensive School – which would cater for a shortfall in pupil places at the schools - has been pulled by Blaenau Gwent Council.

The plans cater for the development of 25 houses on the former Tredegar Gasworks and has raised a large number of issues, with everything from access and transport to flood risks and the possibility of contaminating other areas being considered.

When granting planning permission, it was done only after placing a comprehensive 33 conditions on the application.

Councillor Keith Hayden, who did not attend the meeting, had a letter read out where he expressed his strong disappointment at the scrapping of the education funding and stressed some sort of compensation was needed for the two schools.

But in the report before councillors, it states: “It is a matter of fact that this is a heavily contaminated site in a residential area and it is in the public interest to clean it up and return it to beneficial use.”

The approved plans have also included two chunks of land from Robert and Ingrid Humphreys' home on the site – and as they failed to secure an assurance their land would not be subject to a compulsory purchase order, they claim the current plans were never presented to them.

Speaking in front of councillors, Mrs Humphreys said: “Meeting with the applicant in November 2008, we were informed of its intention to submit two planning applications, to exclude and include our property.

“This was a difficult time for us. Our land had just been declared contaminated, our property was worthless and we faced being held liable for remediation costs by the council.

“We believed no part of our property would be included in the plan, but find that two sections have since been included.

“To recover cost of remediation, the applicant seeks to maximise the number of dwelling for its own benefit. Our property cannot be used to that end.”

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/south-wales-news/blaenau-gwent/2011/02/17/former-gas-site-reclaim-plans-cause-concern-91466-28175559/#ixzz1VB6UMvUm
kenneth.reardon Posted - 14/08/2011 : 17:03:08
Thanks very much for all your help. I am now going to find out has much as I can about the local plan.
kay16 Posted - 09/08/2011 : 23:25:19
I heard something about this about 2 weeks ago but it was just an idea then so didn't say anything.

Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.