Serving The Town of Tredegar with News & Information Since 1991  

Tredegar Forum
Tredegar Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook

All Forums
 Tredegar
 General Discussion - Tredegar
 elmwood comprehensive

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videomySpace videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rmn Posted - 30/04/2004 : 03:52:17
anyone out there go to this school, i would love to hear from you esp miss joanne shepard, anyone know where she is now? i've been away from tredegar for 26 years, but you never forget your first crush do you.
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
whingerbj Posted - 13/12/2005 : 09:58:22
quote:
Originally posted by rmn

anyone out there go to this school, i would love to hear from you esp miss joanne shepard, anyone know where she is now? i've been away from tredegar for 26 years, but you never forget your first crush do you.

Hia i go 2 tredegar comprehensive and im in y7 its a mega skool! dont listen to what people say bout it!!!!!

k jones*
Cae Posted - 08/12/2005 : 13:50:27
Seen the photo of Hindley on the front page on here??!!
sxExile Posted - 08/12/2005 : 13:31:10
I remember when Mr Hindley turned on some strobe lighting in a physics lesson, left the room and came back 2 minutes later. When he came back, he mentioned that if anyone was epileptic, they would have suffered a fit.

The good old days of quality education.....
Serenglas Posted - 21/02/2005 : 13:57:21
Goff Davies was my favourite teacher after Mr. Pask. I still feel really sad when I think that Mr. Pask is no longer amongst us.
Cityboi Posted - 17/10/2004 : 15:42:01
Zimmer frame on order
benjifer Posted - 16/10/2004 : 11:17:12
Aww, CB, I am obviously not as old as you!!!!

Benji
Cityboi Posted - 15/10/2004 : 19:13:55
I had Goff for A' level history over in stable lane didn't realise he used to teach geography as well. For geography I had mrs Murphy. By the way i feel old as well
benjifer Posted - 15/10/2004 : 18:58:41
How old do I feel???? I used to go to Elmwood comp!

For anyone that remebers the lovely Goff Davies (geography) here is an interesting place to visit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/3686184.stm

Benji
JBevan04 Posted - 15/10/2004 : 10:42:09
elmwood comprehensive was where the elmwood grove houses are now my mother used to go to elmwood comp

J.Bevan
Vicky Polard Posted - 14/10/2004 : 19:52:10
is elmwood comp where elmwood grove houses are now ?

junior aspirin Posted - 14/10/2004 : 18:57:51
Ooops. Finger Trouble. Therefore no response on my previous post

quote:
Originally posted by andy

ooooo i remember mr hindley he used to make us write essays on the life and times of a baked bean and also the anatomy of the inside of a pingpong ball heheh oooooo not good me thinks i also remember mouldy malcolm the science teacher and mr darkins heheh he never forgave me for having a sister who made his life hell hehe.
i tell you what though id go back and do it all again as ive lost touch with alot of good friends and the times we used to have in and out of school were the best.

Anyway, I think you'll find it was the sex life of a baked bean. I wrote that one three times.,,,,
junior aspirin Posted - 14/10/2004 : 18:55:45
quote:
Originally posted by andy

ooooo i remember mr hindley he used to make us write essays on the life and times of a baked bean and also the anatomy of the inside of a pingpong ball heheh oooooo not good me thinks i also remember mouldy malcolm the science teacher and mr darkins heheh he never forgave me for having a sister who made his life hell hehe.
i tell you what though id go back and do it all again as ive lost touch with alot of good friends and the times we used to have in and out of school were the best.

Cityboi Posted - 06/10/2004 : 19:15:20
God is that really Hindly ? Iremember him walking into the commom room in stable to demand where we had aquired our 12 ft christmas tree from. We all went silent He demanded that we stood away from it ..We propested ..He demanded again , so we obliged . what he didn't realise what that there was one group decoraying the tree, one supporting it & one lasshing it with rope to the pillar at the end of the kitchen area in the 6 upper common room. as we stood away as ordered there was a creek there was a groan then there was a scream ...from mr ( or should i say rev hindley ) as the tre fell on him ... happy days
andy Posted - 05/10/2004 : 13:08:43
pierre Posted - 04/10/2004 : 20:17:37
I'll see you that, and raise you a picture of MR HINDLEY taken around 1986. A big thanks to Cath for sending in the photo.

A classic

www.gamesroom-online.co.uk
www.bath-in-a-field.co.uk
Cityboi Posted - 04/10/2004 : 00:42:13
Yep remember the phlegm den well...are you old enough to remember granny Hopkins? (ancient studies & Latin teacher) Then of course there was the head Mr Waldren, Science was Mr Price (remember the huge jars with the two headed sheep ?) There was Mrs Davis for maths ( the old harpie ) & we must not forget Dai Hoyle & those bloody cross country runs up around sunning hill to the sports fields & back. We also had Len Burland downstairs in the basement for wood work ...Unfortunatly he transfered to Stablelane the same year as I did...at least Dai Hoyle waited until I was in Form 5 !
Chris Posted - 27/05/2004 : 00:07:52
Anyone remember the "Phlegm den" at Elmwood comprehensive? or the nicknames we used to have for any of the teachers?
morcar Posted - 22/05/2004 : 18:19:23
I was 1 of the last in my year to be at elmwood and go up to Tredegar Comp and i got to say it was the best time i had in school. I loved everything about it, sadly though when i went to Tredegar Comp it was the worst time of my life and i always skipped school as i never liked it. Don`t know why but i just didn`t like it there.
pinky Posted - 22/05/2004 : 12:08:00
RMN, what is your problem? are you mocking us? why dont you get on with it and do some work instead of posting stupid messages on this forum! other than that GET ON THE FLOOR!!!! Ha! Ha! bet u didnt think I knew you did you?, i know your partner too. ( You know who i am and anytime you want a bit of fun, let me know!)xxx

Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.