Serving The Town of Tredegar with News & Information Since 1991  

Tredegar Forum
Tredegar Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook

All Forums
 Tredegar
 Genealogy
 Phillips/Gwilym Family

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videomySpace videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Maddie93 Posted - 27/02/2019 : 13:22:09
Hi. Wondering if anyone knew my motherís family. Her name was Jeanette and she was born 1939. She had four other siblings Howard, Tom, Joyce and Dale. Her parents were Mary and Lew and they lived in a house on the river called Twyn yr Afon. Her first job was in a grocers in Tredegar but not sure of name. She moved to Merthyr after getting married but I have find memories of visiting Tredegar.
Thanks for any information
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Maddie93 Posted - 27/02/2019 : 18:28:17
Yes thatís right. Married to Fred. My mother visited her every week when she was alive.
harry driftwood Posted - 27/02/2019 : 15:36:37
My mother Irene Davies used to clean the stock control offices at the NCB stores with Joyce. Her surname is Cowdell. This would be about 1970.
Maddie93 Posted - 27/02/2019 : 14:12:52
Thank you for replying. My mother has only recently passed away and Howard only a few months ago.
That description brought back memories. Itís only when someone passes you realise how little you know or have forgotten. If you have any other memories or know anyone who would I would liove to hear.
I remember Dale as a lovely person. Thatís very kind of you to visit his grave.
Thank you so much.
goodwitchsilverwitch Posted - 27/02/2019 : 14:05:35
I know the family, I remember May attending the Day centre, and remember her living at the top of Bowens Terrace at Twyn yr Afon, by 'Don the garage'.Lew would stand on the front door step in the attempt to get his breath, some extra air. Just up from her house lived Tom and his family, further up the road at Greenfield Terrace, Georgetown lived Joyce and her family. I remember Jeanette moving from the area, also Howard who I have not seen since Dale's funeral. The family home, Tom's bungalow and the surrounding properties were demolished to widen the road, Tom moved into a bungalow with Dale moving into a bungalow next door, where sadly Dale tragically died, Dale was a lovely bloke. I visit his grave each time I visit the cemetery.

Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.