Serving The Town of Tredegar with News & Information Since 1991  

Tredegar Forum
Tredegar Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook

All Forums
 Tredegar
 General Discussion - Tredegar
 Warning...Refuse searches

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videomySpace videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lilly Posted - 07/03/2019 : 09:44:02
Just a warning people, I have just watched a BGCouncil man opening the black bags and riffling through the rubbish that was placed inside the bin.
He's in a white transit van. In the Dukestown, Scwrfa area at the moment.

23   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pierre Posted - 22/03/2019 : 17:34:37
I have been informed of some peopls bins being filled up by other people, and where they live they are unable to bring in the bins.

nineteenten Posted - 22/03/2019 : 14:01:30
quote:
Originally posted by goodwitchsilverwitch

Yes, I read black bags with yellow tape and marked contaminated. I should have been more clear with my explanation to why I think the council representatives had stuck the tape on the bags.
Perhaps when the black bags were opened they found contanimated waste that should have been placed in yellow bags with black stripes, possibly the reason why they used yellow tape?.
Of course this is guess work, I like a challenge but who can tell or know why the 'council' do and say a lot of 'things', they must think that the residents are ' mind readers'.

Well said.

goodwitchsilverwitch Posted - 21/03/2019 : 22:12:47
Yes, I read black bags with yellow tape and marked contaminated. I should have been more clear with my explanation to why I think the council representatives had stuck the tape on the bags.
Perhaps when the black bags were opened they found contanimated waste that should have been placed in yellow bags with black stripes, possibly the reason why they used yellow tape?.
Of course this is guess work, I like a challenge but who can tell or know why the 'council' do and say a lot of 'things', they must think that the residents are ' mind readers'.
nineteenten Posted - 21/03/2019 : 18:17:30
quote:
Originally posted by goodwitchsilverwitch

Yellow bags with black hoops/stripe are for contaminated waste e.g. napkins etc.

Black bags not yellow.
goodwitchsilverwitch Posted - 21/03/2019 : 15:28:30
Yellow bags with black hoops/stripe are for contaminated waste e.g. napkins etc.
nineteenten Posted - 21/03/2019 : 07:49:26
In a letter from the council it states 4 black bags only, walking past a house there were 6 black bags ? with black and yellow tape on all of them marked contaminated, does this mean that there were too many bags if so then why not take the 4 allowed and leave 2.
Confused.
MKerchey05 Posted - 20/03/2019 : 15:28:53
Yes, we've just had a visit from the council man. He gave us our 'goody bag'. We seemed to have a bit of cling film from the top of some packaged food container in the recycling! He told me that a lot of people are just dumping their waste in any ones bins when their own are full. He said if they contact the council they could have extra bins.
goodwitchsilverwitch Posted - 20/03/2019 : 14:30:16
The plastic tool for measuring spaghetti
Does this mean you are only allowed to recycle a measured amount of spaghetti
dalex41 Posted - 20/03/2019 : 13:47:08
Further to my previous post i managed to arrange via a local councillor for two council "officers" to visit my uncle this monday in order for them to explain to him why he was given a RED category regarding his recycling waste. They were only prepared to meet him on his doorstep and their inadequate reasoning in my opinion was that on the day they inspected his property there was no recycling on display outside his gate. what a stupid reason since they didnt consider the circumstances of him being 98 years of age living on his own and therefor likely to generate none or very little recycle waste.They didnt even give him any sort of apology and left him with a shopping bag, a pencil and a plastic tool for measuring spaghetti .This beggars belief of what sort of a council we have to put up with.

quote:
Originally posted by Daleks

My 98 years old uncle received one of those “ Do not ignore” letters today which has left him distraught with anxiety since it being anonymous and with no contact information which left him unable to speak to anyone on the council to speak to about it. However he eventually rang 311556 only to be confronted with a recorded message telling him to email an address in Cardiff of all places. This elderly gentleman fought for this country for 6 years during WW2 and for him to be treated like this is disgusting. He doesn’t have access to the internet so how on earth do they expect him to contact anyone for an explanation ? Then the letter stated that he had been categorised as RED in comparison with his labours being either GREEN or AMBER. When I paid my daily visit to him today he was practically in tears over the matter due to him not being able to speak to anyone from the council about it. I took it upon myself to make enquiries on his behalf and after several unsuccessful phone calls I managed to get through to the council’s Call Centre Manager and she explained that she had dealt with many complaints today regarding the letter and in her very own words she thought the letter to be ill concieved and based on a random sample of only 200 inspections throughout the entire borough. My uncle was categorised as RED probably because he had very little or no refuse when they inspected his address. What on earth do they expect of a 98 year old living on his own? She did apologise profusely but surely they should have had a more humane approach in this gentleman’s circumstances.

keanjo Posted - 09/03/2019 : 16:04:04
Put them in the recycling bag
Cloud-Collector Posted - 09/03/2019 : 15:36:26
I didn't want to put this in my first post on this matter, not to make it look like I was saying "look mine says GREEN" but in answer to MKERCHEY05 I put all plastic containers in (rinsed out) and all cardboard and paper, that doesn't contain confidential information. What they want and don't want can get confusing, so if they say it mustn't go in the black bin, I put it in a "near enough" recycling container and off it goes.
I think sending a letter to a 98 years old person, that on opening, would cause alarm and stress is unacceptable and let's be honest, how much of our Council Tax is being spent on following bin lorries, tearing open black bags and frightening the Oldies,amongst others, with gimmicks, on BGCBC headed note paper? Answer = too much.

MKerchey05 Posted - 09/03/2019 : 14:32:34
We had one of those 'do not ignore' letters yesterday, we seem to be on the orange list. We recycle everything we can, I've no idea why we had a letter. Does anyone know whether you can recycle black plastic from frozen food containers or chocolate boxes? The letter was posted. It makes you worried about putting things out in the bin. I will be ringing the council on Monday.
goodwitchsilverwitch Posted - 09/03/2019 : 01:18:42
The letters you refer to, are they left attached to the bin or posted through the letter box?, I ask because is it a possibility that a 'Do not ignore' letter could have been left at the wrong address. Could this also be a reason why the female at the council received so many complaints. However I find it hard to believe that throughout the WHOLE BOROUGH that only 200 inspections have taken place.
Daleks Posted - 08/03/2019 : 23:07:54
My 98 years old uncle received one of those “ Do not ignore” letters today which has left him distraught with anxiety since it being anonymous and with no contact information which left him unable to speak to anyone on the council to speak to about it. However he eventually rang 311556 only to be confronted with a recorded message telling him to email an address in Cardiff of all places. This elderly gentleman fought for this country for 6 years during WW2 and for him to be treated like this is disgusting. He doesn’t have access to the internet so how on earth do they expect him to contact anyone for an explanation ? Then the letter stated that he had been categorised as RED in comparison with his labours being either GREEN or AMBER. When I paid my daily visit to him today he was practically in tears over the matter due to him not being able to speak to anyone from the council about it. I took it upon myself to make enquiries on his behalf and after several unsuccessful phone calls I managed to get through to the council’s Call Centre Manager and she explained that she had dealt with many complaints today regarding the letter and in her very own words she thought the letter to be ill concieved and based on a random sample of only 200 inspections throughout the entire borough. My uncle was categorised as RED probably because he had very little or no refuse when they inspected his address. What on earth do they expect of a 98 year old living on his own? She did apologise profusely but surely they should have had a more humane approach in this gentleman’s circumstances.
Cloud-Collector Posted - 08/03/2019 : 22:21:05
So, has anyone else, had a "DO NOT IGNORE" letter today from BGCBC about recycling?
It grades your address, in a 'traffic light' system. Roughly speaking, Green = good, Orange = could do better and Red = pull your socks up!

I expected to see others mentioning this.

Angel Posted - 07/03/2019 : 15:57:43
Our black bins were emptied this morning no sign of anybody checking bags in our area maybe they will be checking ours next time pity they didn’t enforce the statement they brought out a year or two ago when they were going to check on rubbish in people’s gardens,with a view to getting them cleared .
butch Posted - 07/03/2019 : 13:42:44
Sorry, pit should read pity. But while I am on a rant, the council should employ their own traffic wardens, not outside agencies so any money generated will more than pay for these wardens, plus, the surplus would go into the boroughs coffers. Perhaps the dustbin/black bag riflers would like the job!! Simples
butch Posted - 07/03/2019 : 12:14:18
And what makes it worst is that WE are paying them to do this. Jobsworths the lot of them.it a pit the don't employ some traffic wardens to do a worthwhile job.
ddraig Posted - 07/03/2019 : 11:45:02
Good luck to them when/if they search mine they'll be up to their elbows in used cat litter, double bagged of course.
lilly Posted - 07/03/2019 : 11:06:21
Hi ddraig, no sign of the bin lorry when I saw him bin searching.
What a job!
ddraig Posted - 07/03/2019 : 10:54:30
It must have been raining too hard when they followed the bin lorry across our street because they stayed in the van
lilly Posted - 07/03/2019 : 10:22:59
He is, and I don't like it!
keanjo Posted - 07/03/2019 : 10:13:02
Big Brother is watching you.

Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.