Serving The Town of Tredegar with News & Information Since 1991  

Tredegar Forum
Tredegar Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook

All Forums
 Tredegar
 General Discussion - Tredegar
 Election Results

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videomySpace videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ohaganfamily@bigpond.com Posted - 29/06/2006 : 23:27:23
Could someone let me know what the result is please? I've been following the discussion here and in the papers. It will certainly be interesting to see what happens!

annette o'hagan
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cae Posted - 05/07/2006 : 11:31:44
Nice to see the people of Blaenau Gwent being praised by an opposition party- the Conservative candidate says some lovely things about us in Gazette this week- but more importantly congratulated the winners. Labour please take note of that polite gesture instead of telling us we've voted out of sympathy!
morcar Posted - 03/07/2006 : 05:24:57
Fact of the metter is Labour has not done anything for the people in Gwent for years and people aint taking it anymore. People are sick of being played like a fool and are sick of the lack of future that's in Gwent at the moment.

Trish Law and Dai Davis can't do any worse than what labour has done so we are in a win win situation. As for the other partys i think they are just glad that Labours out and someone else is in as i talked to one of the tories and he asked me how i voted and i said not for you and he said to me that`s ok as long as you don`t vote Labour that`s the main lol
ohaganfamily@bigpond.com Posted - 03/07/2006 : 00:23:19
They just don't get it do they? I think that's an insult to Mrs. Law. Can't they realise that people want change? That they are fed up of being fobbed off and ignored? More power to her elbow!!!

annette o'hagan
Cae Posted - 02/07/2006 : 23:45:50
Just been reading that according to one politician those who voted for Trish did so out of sympathy? Do they think the people of Blaenau Gwent are that shallow?
ohaganfamily@bigpond.com Posted - 30/06/2006 : 14:42:02
Well, it looks like the worm has turned! Well done!! We had the same situation in Bedwellty constituency for years. The Labour Party relied on the "donkey vote". I don't know how it goes there now but hopefully things will have changed for the better.

annette o'hagan
morcar Posted - 30/06/2006 : 14:22:36
typical of labour to say that and even the news missed why the people snubbed labour i mean if they wanted to know just ask people as they would tell you that we`ve had years of labour and have seen nothing in return. Most of the places in gwent are closing down and about 98% of the money sitting in cardiff stays in cardiff.

It was good that we had a change as i think whoever got in couldn`t do any worse and now at least we can do something which we aint done in years and that`s hope.
Cae Posted - 30/06/2006 : 12:31:14
Oh nice- one Labour-ite has responded to the Labour loss last night by saying the Blaenau Gwent situation were "unique circumstances" and was "almost like a family feud." Oh so we're just throwing our toys out of the pram in Gwent then are we? Charming.
Cae Posted - 30/06/2006 : 09:27:08
I'm a bit disappointed with the turn-out though- only half of the voting population of Blaenau Gwent actually voted?
pierre Posted - 30/06/2006 : 07:09:45
Info just posted on main news page.
morcar Posted - 30/06/2006 : 04:51:42
ASSEMBLY RESULT
Trish Law, ind: 13,785
John Hopkins, Lab: 9,321
Steve Bard, Lib Dem:2,054
John Price, Plaid: 1,109
John Burns, Con:816
John Matthews, Green: 302
morcar Posted - 30/06/2006 : 03:29:13
WESTMINSTER RESULT 2006
Dai Davies, ind: 12,543
Owen Smith, Lab: 10,059
Steffan Lewis, Plaid:: 1,755
Amy Kitcher, Lib Dem: 1,477
Margrit Williams, Con: 1,013
Alan Hope, Official Monster Raving Loony Party: 318

trying to find about trish law but i know she won as well congrats to both and now we can look to a brighter future in gwent. By the way if you can catch any of the news today listen to what dai davis said it`s so true.
morcar Posted - 30/06/2006 : 01:48:31
just found this on the bbc site

Labour has admitted that it has lost both by-elections in the south Wales constituency of Blaenau Gwent.
Before the results for the Welsh assembly and Westminster seats were declared, Labour conceded.

Labour MP Wayne David said his party had "a lot of listening to do".

The death of independent AM and MP Peter Law caused the elections, and his widow Trish is expected to take his seat in Cardiff Bay. Fellow independent Dai Davies is tipped to become the MP.

As Labour candidates Owen Smith and John Hopkins arrived at the count in Ebbw Vale, they were taunted by independent supporters, who chanted: "Lost again, lost again".

There was a high turnout of 50.5% for the parliamentary ballot is 50.5% and for 49.6% for the assembly vote.
morcar Posted - 29/06/2006 : 23:40:01
we won`t know until about 2am once we do someone will post it i`m sure. From what i just heard on the BBC`s dragons eye with the postal votes it looks like if trish law and dai davis won those and are ahead so fingers crossed they`ll win in the end ... we all need a change i think.

oh i thought i`d give you a laugh was talking to a labour person outside the polling booth and i said about the state of gwent in general and he blamed it on peter law. I said he`s not been in control for long and for you to put your own faults on a dead man you should be ashamed of yourself. He was well mad at me lol

Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.