Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  19:26:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13899 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  19:33:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice photo :-)

Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  19:39:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Remember the fire escape on the right of the building?(the cong side)

Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  19:47:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tarkus

Remember the fire escape on the right of the building?(the cong side)

..... No I Cant remember the Cong side, But I Can remember the other side and having Extremely GOOD Fun on their lift / on the entrance to Bank Lane .. .. .. !!
Go to Top of Page

fizz

1797 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  19:48:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I seem to remember a lift with an iron door. The old fashioned ones that you had to pull across. Am I right or is my memory playing tricks?

p.s. love these old pics. thank you Fredd

Edited by - fizz on 05/08/2013 19:50:32
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  20:18:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I Do Like What It Says On The Road sign
Go to Top of Page

mike
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
385 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  21:33:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fizz

I seem to remember a lift with an iron door. The old fashioned ones that you had to pull across. Am I right or is my memory playing tricks?

Yes! how many generations of us used to spend an afternoon or so just riding up and down in the lift?

Mike
Go to Top of Page

mike
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
385 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  21:43:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mike

quote:
Originally posted by fizz

Yes! how many generations of us used to spend an afternoon or so just riding up and down in the lift?
(Edit to add: when we encountered the occasional adult who had to use the lift - all we got was a mild "tut" - no-one really wanted to spoil our fun.)

Mike

Mike
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  21:57:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I Wonder Who the little Girl with the white hoodie was, Could this have been the start of that Shocking trend .. .. .. .. !!
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2013 :  18:33:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probebly crochered by a proud grannie

Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2013 :  20:16:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tarkus

Probebly crochered by a proud grannie

... Yes Your Smack On, I can remember My Mother and Numerous Aunties Crocheting Me Horrible multi coloured tank tops, which I was Made to wear .. .. .. !!
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2013 :  21:29:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2013 :  23:57:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gosh .. !! is this, what was known as a monkey parader .. !!
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2013 :  18:40:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fredd

Gosh .. !! is this, what was known as a monkey parader .. !!

Well with that scarf and those booties i bet she was around the blue doors that night,or the grit bin by barclays bank.

Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2013 :  09:13:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fredd

I Do Like What It Says On The Road sign

No Parking
This Side Today
It Looks like the Sign Can be Folded Up From Day today
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1706 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2013 :  12:16:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had an aunt who worked in the office on the top floor, which was a really good excuse to ride the liftI remember getting my uniform from the co-op, starchy blouses and "drillers"
Go to Top of Page

mike
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
385 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2013 :  23:20:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ddraig

I had an aunt who worked in the office on the top floor, which was a really good excuse to ride the liftI remember getting my uniform from the co-op, starchy blouses and "drillers"

"Drillers" - a fine Valleys word.

My sister wore "drillers" at school.

When I asked my wife (Newport born & bred) about "drillers" I was met with a blank stare. It was only when I described them that she said "Oh, you mean gymslips"...

Mike
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1706 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2013 :  10:15:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whats a gymslipAlso bought with school uniform Daps
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5380 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2013 :  12:47:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone remember the horrible school knickers ? They were really horrible lol.......

Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1379 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2013 :  13:54:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember watching the knicker inspection parades from the Grammar School Physics Lab.Any girl wearing anything other than the regulation was sent home to change. Those re the days!

DKJones53
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2013 :  16:50:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cupcake

Anyone remember the horrible school knickers ? They were really horrible lol.......

Yeah mine used to itch like hell,mind you the little pocket was handy to keep your fags in.

Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5380 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2013 :  21:26:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by keanjo

I remember watching the knicker inspection parades from the Grammar School Physics Lab.Any girl wearing anything other than the regulation was sent home to change. Those re the days!

DKJones53

Behave keanjo lol ..................

Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2013 :  12:32:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

scoobie

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2013 :  15:20:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iused to work in the co-op offices in 1955 , next to Eddie Jones office, and if we talked, he used to shout at us to be quiet, lovely, lovely days, Anne Jones
Scoobie

anne jones
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.