Webmaster

United Kingdom
13893 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2013 :  15:25:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to fredd for the two pics

uncle bob

United Kingdom
2458 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2013 :  18:33:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do all Catholic children ware silly hats?
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2013 :  19:25:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only the ones with heads,the others dont.

Go to Top of Page

mikewed1

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2013 :  07:42:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know you are a regular poster on here uncle bob , but that remark can be taken in the wrong way. Oh and no, all the children of Tredegar and Wales wore silly hats, not just catholics.
Go to Top of Page

MKerchey05

955 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2013 :  08:07:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the children look very cute! I wonder, do any of the forum members recognise themselves?
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5369 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2013 :  08:22:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikewed1

I know you are a regular poster on here uncle bob , but that remark can be taken in the wrong way. Oh and no, all the children of Tredegar and Wales wore silly hats, not just catholics.

Morning mikewedl ,yes all schools wore funny hats not just the catholics ,i attended that school and as it was St David's Day children do wear hats just like every other school .

Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13893 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2013 :  09:22:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very true Cupcake, I was a Georgetown lad and wore my "silly hat" every St.Davids day with pride :o)

Go to Top of Page

mikewed1

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2013 :  07:35:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was also at St Josephs cupcake and remember how we were apparently teased by the Earl Street mob over the wall, I can still hear the song they used to sing. I just did not want to be thought of as some kind of underclass due to possible ignorance or prejudice. Dont get me wrong, I can offend as good as the next man , but still a little sensitive about that time of my life. Thanks all the same.
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5369 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2013 :  08:38:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning mikewed1,yes I also have memories of it too ,it just wasn't pleasant sometimes i'd dread going to school the teacher would come out tell them off ,when the teacher was gone they'd be back out worse than ever .......have a nice day ,Cupcake .

Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2013 :  17:26:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cupcake

Morning mikewed1,yes I also have memories of it too ,it just wasn't pleasant sometimes i'd dread going to school the teacher would come out tell them off ,when the teacher was gone they'd be back out worse than ever .......have a nice day ,Cupcake

That was the teachers,the pupils were nearly as bad

Go to Top of Page

MKerchey05

955 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2013 :  08:17:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to Earl street, and, was just as guilty as others of singing that song. So to everyone at St josephs I appologise. As kids you just didn't realise how hurtful you could be.
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5369 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2013 :  12:49:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MKerchey05

I went to Earl street, and, was just as guilty as others of singing that song. So to everyone at St josephs I appologise. As kids you just didn't realise how hurtful you could be.

Ah that's lovely ,thank you MKerchey05 ,have a nice day ,Cupcake

Go to Top of Page

treesbabe

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2013 :  17:36:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep im on there lol not bang smack in the middle lol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.78 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.