New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13908 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2013 :  09:55:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks to Titch for this picture from 1936 of the Merry Makers.

Name from titch are:

Accordionist extreme left is George Walters, (My Uncle), extreme right accordionist is Harry Williams.
Fourth Row: 4th from Left is Tom Walters (Secretary, my Grandfather), 6th from left is Mary Walters, (Jones) my Mother.

Nice one

crwilliams

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2013 :  18:32:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a wonderful picture. On the third row from the top and the fourth person from the left, this was my grandfather Mr Haydn Warrick of Peacehaven, Tredegar. Sadly he passed away in 1992. What a fantastic granddad and person he was. Also his father my great grandfather is pictured on the top row third from the left. Thank You Titch for sharing this photo, this brought happy memories back..

crwilliams
Go to Top of Page

indarkistplumstead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2013 :  10:01:03 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
titch do you have the names of the first row after the sign holders, one of them maybe my father but I don't have a photo of him in his youth so I can match up.
Go to Top of Page

Titch
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
535 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2013 :  20:30:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry indarkistplumsted I don't have any other names and regrettably there is no one of that generation I have left. I think the lad on the right may be one of my Uncles possibly Ivor Walters, but can't be sure. As a matter of interest I have one of my grandfathers diaries with dates of performances of the Kentucky Minstrels and the 'Merrymakers' they did a tremendous amount of travelling around the valleys giving variety performances, I must post a copy of one of their balance sheets.
I also recall my Grandfather talking about the Warwicks but didn't know if they were relatives but now I know they were connected with the Merrymakers!
I like many others have so many photographs of people alas with no names on them so don't know if they are relatives, friends or acquaintances of the family.
Pierre is thinking about setting up a separate section for such photo's so they can be posted to see if anyone knows the people on them!

I love a Black Bush!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.