Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13899 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2014 :  10:24:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks to David for this photo from around 1970 of the Quarrymans Arms dart team.

Any names on faces anybody please ?

butch

United Kingdom
1972 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2014 :  14:06:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great photo,I recognise most of the faces but cant put names to many.
middle row 3rd left Graham Duggan,far right middle row J.Bennett (aka.J.B.) far left seated David James.
Go to Top of Page

Gezza

Australia
59 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2014 :  14:59:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bottom right corner....George Chard.
First person standing (Left).....Buddy Holly
Go to Top of Page

MKerchey05

955 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2014 :  15:28:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The boy standing at the back, in front of those birds I think he was a McCarthy lived in Laburnam. I can't think of his name, but I'm sure that he's passed away now.
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2014 :  16:47:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MKerchey05

The boy standing at the back, in front of those birds I think he was a McCarthy lived in Laburnam. I can't think of his name, but I'm sure that he's passed away now.

Thats tartar McArthy.
Middle rowe, last but one on the right is Dai Davies

Go to Top of Page

Moses

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2014 :  20:12:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Far left 2nd row Clive Burr, next to him Dennis Davies.
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2014 :  22:12:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 5TH Man on the first row,s name is Glyn, But His Surname eludes Me at the moment He Lived then, at Cefn Golau, With His Brother and Sister. They Later moved to Maple Avenue I beleive, Glyn and his Brother would walk most nights to the Red Lion in the Rassau and back most nights
Go to Top of Page

dwjames40

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2014 :  23:29:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Top L to R. Tartar McCarthy, ????
Middle L to R. Clive Burr, Dennis Davies, Graham Duggan, Dai Davies, J Bennett
Bottom L to R. David James, Ian Lewis, Selwyn Price, (???? Landlord), Glyn Price, George Chard

Forgetting landlords name really annoying me.

Fredd. Glyn and Tommy Price are brothers. Thanks for help Butch, Tarkus, Gezza and MKerchy05
Go to Top of Page

Daleks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2014 :  11:18:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Front row far right Tegyr James ?
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1972 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2014 :  13:11:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi DWJames (david) what were you doing playing darts all the way up Treffil? When we were boys anywhere north of the Town Clock was was a different country. I have a photo of You, Me & my dog, Dai Holly,& Ashley Mills,taken around 1953/4 in Ashley's back garden. I dont know how to get it on the forum, so will give Janet a copy for you. Take care old butty. Butch.
Go to Top of Page

dwjames40

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2014 :  14:38:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daleks thanks for name.

Only the Landlord left ?? Free pint ?

Hi Butch (Graham) lived in Bush Bach for 11 years so it wasn't too far, with the Mount two great locals in those days.
Go to Top of Page

Moses

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2014 :  15:20:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you sure its George Chard?.
Go to Top of Page

dwjames40

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2014 :  18:50:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Moses, I honestly don't know, it's the name given by Gezza ?
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2014 :  19:16:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would The Landlord be Merlyn Evans .. ???
Go to Top of Page

dwjames40

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2014 :  19:32:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi fredd, I do believe that's spot on. Owe you a pint.
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2014 :  20:13:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi David could this photo be earlier in the sixties, Ian Lewis looks so young .. ??
Go to Top of Page

Moses

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2014 :  20:21:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeh, He also gave Clive Burr as Buddy Holly.
Go to Top of Page

Daleks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2014 :  00:17:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definitely not Merlyn Evans. This chap lived in Shop Row after he kept "Top House" and his name is on the tip of my tongue.I had many an argument with him when we were carrying out modifications to the Village Hall converting it to a rugby club.
Clive Burr was a mate of mine in the Grammar School and was a brother in law to Graham Duggan. Does anyone know where Clive is now ? The chap next to him looks very much like Wynford Jones.

quote:
Originally posted by fredd

Edited by - Daleks on 22/01/2014 00:19:09
Go to Top of Page

Gezza

Australia
59 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2014 :  02:36:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Moses, trust me on the George Chard recognition.
With Buddy Holly, I must admit I took a wild Guess. Are you telling me I am wrong ??
Go to Top of Page

Moses

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2014 :  15:05:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daleks, I refer you to my previous post.Its Dennis Davies next to Clive Burr.Gezza you,re wrong.
Go to Top of Page

dwjames40

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2014 :  15:34:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi fredd, no the photo is around 1970, I moved to Bush Bach in 1968 and started to go to "Top House" two years later. In the photo myself Dennis Davies, Clive Burr and Ian Lewis,(Gibbs Bros. car salesman - they always look young) all lived in Bush Bach.
Go to Top of Page

Daleks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2014 :  15:39:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Landlord is Harold Pritchard.

quote:
Originally posted by fredd

Go to Top of Page

dwjames40

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2014 :  16:29:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry fredd taken your pint back, thanks Daleks for Landlords name, owe you a pint.

That's it then all names to the faces -- Thanks for the help with names.
Go to Top of Page

dwjames40

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2014 :  15:57:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry folks, how could I forget to mention "Harry & Harriet" the hawks in the background.
Go to Top of Page

je45

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2014 :  19:41:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Person sitting on the front row right hand side is definitely Tegryd James.He was my husband's cousin
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2014 :  20:26:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi David, I can Vaguely remember Ian and Joan Lewis, living, down in Southend, I Beleive Or Certainly Near there,before moving up to Bush Bach.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.