pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13598 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2014 :  09:21:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

ddraig

United Kingdom
1209 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2014 :  11:54:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A map of where the bins are would be good, luckily where I live the people who walk their dogs pick up after them (I feel like running after them and shaking their hands) and yes now I've probably jinxed myself and I'll find, or walk in, a large mound outside the gate
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2502 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2014 :  12:58:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you want to avoid messy mounds don't go around the lake walk, sadly some dog owners don't aside by the rules
Go to Top of Page

Daleks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
477 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2014 :  22:38:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Close by to where I live there is a grassed area extensively used on a daily basis by dog walkers. No problem since about 99% of them responsibly use the bin placed nearby , but there's still the 1% that don't give a damn. There was a big problem there up until about 2 years ago when I requested the Council to put a dog-litter bin there and fair play to them the bin was there almost straight away. Lo and behold someone among the 1% took great exception to what I had done and within a week of the bin being placed insitu I received a parcel delivered by Royal Mail and you can easily guess what was disgustingly inside it. I've a good idea who the sender was and seriously considered involving the Police but had second thoughts about it since I reported this person previously to the Police on a separate matter but nothing was done and it ended up as if I was the criminal. This seems to be the case these days with the 1% of society who don't give a damn about anyone else.
Go to Top of Page

Daleks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
477 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2014 :  18:52:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forgot to mention within a couple of months of bin being placed the local yobs put live fireworks into it and blew it to smithereens no doubt prompted by their parents (same people who sent me the disgusting package). Now replaced and fingers crossed still in tact last time I looked.
Go to Top of Page

dutchjohn

Netherlands
1363 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2014 :  11:50:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by darole

If you want to avoid messy mounds don't go around the lake walk, sadly some dog owners don't aside by the rules

Hi Darole ,
I'm very late in responding to this post , but the rule here in Holland are simular to the u.k. except all dog owners who let their dogs out ,or take them for walks have to have the dogs on a lead , this is to help keep the dogs under control and the owners also have to carry special plastic bags for dog droppings , there are ample dog disposal bins around and you must use them , if you are caught letting your dog out without having the plastic bags to pick up the rubbish then you are liable for a hefty fine It seems to work in the long run
though it,s not perfect ,there are always people who couldn't give sod about the dog droppings , my thoughts? if you take on a dog as a family pet , then you must also accept the responsibility and clean up after the mutt,
dutchjohn
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5293 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2014 :  12:33:14 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a lot of dog mess around Tredegar Town today ,in fact one shop owner had to come out and clean it ............

Go to Top of Page

zx123

82 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2015 :  14:57:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see there hasn't been any posts about this subject for a while but there is still a problem. Recently I have seen lots of dog mess on the pavements and nobody seems to do anything about it. It seems that the owners of the dogs just don't care about the problems that this type of behaviour causes for other people. The other day I saw somebody had let their dog mess right underneath one of those 'clean it up' signs, which just shows the attitude of the owners. I think if the council really wanted to do something about it they could, it could be stopped if people were given higher fines.
Go to Top of Page

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

467 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2015 :  17:41:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The town was full of it yesterday.absolutly disgusting !!
Go to Top of Page

tony
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
224 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2015 :  19:03:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like I have mentioned before there are some councils that use dog DNA companies like pooprints.com to trace the culprits. There would hardly any dog mess about because the owners would be caught.
Go to Top of Page

zx123

82 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2015 :  22:18:14 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw at least five lots of dog cxxx on the pavement today, it's not right that people should have to be watching where they are walking all the time. If the council are spending 85,000 whatever they are doing isn't working.

Edited by - zx123 on 13/12/2015 22:19:30
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.65 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.