Webmaster

United Kingdom
13893 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2014 :  16:20:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to Ddraig for this one from the 1980's

butch

United Kingdom
1966 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2014 :  20:52:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looked a damned sight better then than it looks now. The place looks an utter disgrace,right in the main focal part of the town. When visitors come to view the Town Clock, what do they notice first? An utter eyesore of what was once the hub of Tredegar town centre. Such a shame.
Go to Top of Page

fizz

1797 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2014 :  20:56:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought they'd had some sort of grant to do up the outside of the building a few years ago? Was it a lottery grant. I can't remember.
Go to Top of Page

fizz

1797 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2014 :  21:01:03 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive just googled it and found the information I was thinking of.

http://www.tredegar.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5992
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13893 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2014 :  21:27:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been told that somebody from Newport has now bought the building.

Go to Top of Page

hawkeye
Advanced Member

321 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2014 :  23:03:14 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought it had been sold to a local developer to be converted into bedsits?
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1966 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2014 :  15:48:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a lovely Arts centre/Theatre it would make,if only it fell into the right ownership. But yet again it seems that its been sold to faceless ownership,probably for peanuts,and they will no doubt wait for money from the public purse to make themselves a fortune. Bedsits in the Circle!!! Perish the thought.
Go to Top of Page

Davey81
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
417 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2014 :  16:27:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be great to see such an important & iconic building in Tredegar be brought back into use, whether it be a pub or community centre etc.
Go to Top of Page

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

685 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2014 :  20:01:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with you butch would make a great arts centre / theatre ,something that is really needed in this town .
Go to Top of Page

fizz

1797 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2014 :  21:21:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It could be a museum like they have at Pontypridd. After all there's a lot of history to this town. I know we have the little museum which is great but how much better could it be if they had a great premises to show things off in. Its a huge building so maybe other areas could be used for shows or even a small cinema! Ok maybe I'm just dreaming now but how good would it be to have something like that back in our town.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.