Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2014 :  11:08:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You and I are paying for a service that is not fit for purpose, Its called the police service.

Just having had our rates bill we see that we are paying some £180 diddly odd a year some of us are paying more some a little less but if you work out a rough income from the residents of Tredegar they are getting a lot of money from us and for what?????

Over the past many years we have had dealings with the police service and in more recent times the police commissioner also.Being told many time that a lot of the problems are at the desecration of the police, how this can be so when we know the law of the land is being broken is beyond me.

So yet again I have been in contact with the said service and this is what has gone forward to them. copies to councillors and our web master also.

--------

I am well aware that you have very little interest in what happens in and around Tredegar but I/we would like an answer to the following.

We are contributing in excess of £180 a year some more than that and many others slightly less in Tredegar to cover the cost of policing and the wages of the police and yourself, yet we are expected to have to continually tolerate the following unlawful activities.

Paths being blocked by vehicles parking on them.

Vehicles parking on double yellow lines this problem is especially dangerous in town around the clock and outside Barclay's bank.

Un registered off road motorcycles being used on public roads.

Speeding vehicles.

Our Town being smashed up by vandals including shop windows being broken.

Vehicles being vandalised parked outside people homes.

The drinking of alcohol on the streets.

Drug taking in back alleys.

Anti social behaviour late at night like shouting screaming and horn blowing.

Just a few of the local problems, crime statistics saying crime is down NO its just there is NO point in reporting it as nothing is being done to stop it.

Your reply will be of interested to not only myself but the people of Tredegar also.

-------------

Its well gone time that we all started to make or dissatisfaction known to this poor service that something has to not only be seen to be done but something done.

Like the total cost of our rates just what do we get for the rather large sum we pay out every year??? Dustbins empted, street lighting, grass cutting, road repairs, library, road sweeping, and can we really say that these jobs are being done to a good standard?

Im well aware of the need for cut backs but lets be honest non of the services were much better (if at all) before the cut backs.

When I receive another reply I will post it for you all to see here, I only hope its not more buck passing or discretionary law. I know I have a red flag against my name with the police service and they know just what I think of there service and the police commissioner is well aware I think his job and what he costs us is unnecessary.

The

G.O.M.

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2014 :  11:19:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry the above should have been posted in Tredegar discussion thread.

Webteam: topic moved as requested.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2014 :  17:12:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I cant believe it 140 people have read this and not one comment so I can only guess your all very happy with the service your getting and paying for.

I give up.

Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2014 :  18:01:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://youtu.be/qiu6RMMNERs

But in all seriousness a well put letter there gom.
Look forward to their reply

Go to Top of Page

silverback
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2014 :  18:14:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GOM

You and I are paying for a service that is not fit for purpose, Its called the police service.

Just having had our rates bill we see that we are paying some £180 diddly odd a year some of us are paying more some a little less but if you work out a rough income from the residents of Tredegar they are getting a lot of money from us and for what?????

Over the past many years we have had dealings with the police service and in more recent times the police commissioner also.Being told many time that a lot of the problems are at the desecration of the police, how this can be so when we know the law of the land is being broken is beyond me.

So yet again I have been in contact with the said service and this is what has gone forward to them. copies to councillors and our web master also.

--------

I am well aware that you have very little interest in what happens in and around Tredegar but I/we would like an answer to the following.

We are contributing in excess of £180 a year some more than that and many others slightly less in Tredegar to cover the cost of policing and the wages of the police and yourself, yet we are expected to have to continually tolerate the following unlawful activities.

Paths being blocked by vehicles parking on them.

Vehicles parking on double yellow lines this problem is especially dangerous in town around the clock and outside Barclay's bank.

Un registered off road motorcycles being used on public roads.

Speeding vehicles.

Our Town being smashed up by vandals including shop windows being broken.

Vehicles being vandalised parked outside people homes.

The drinking of alcohol on the streets.

Drug taking in back alleys.

Anti social behaviour late at night like shouting screaming and horn blowing.

Just a few of the local problems, crime statistics saying crime is down NO its just there is NO point in reporting it as nothing is being done to stop it.

Your reply will be of interested to not only myself but the people of Tredegar also.

-------------

Its well gone time that we all started to make or dissatisfaction known to this poor service that something has to not only be seen to be done but something done.

Like the total cost of our rates just what do we get for the rather large sum we pay out every year??? Dustbins empted, street lighting, grass cutting, road repairs, library, road sweeping, and can we really say that these jobs are being done to a good standard?

Im well aware of the need for cut backs but lets be honest non of the services were much better (if at all) before the cut backs.

When I receive another reply I will post it for you all to see here, I only hope its not more buck passing or discretionary law. I know I have a red flag against my name with the police service and they know just what I think of there service and the police commissioner is well aware I think his job and what he costs us is unnecessary.

The

G.O.M.

Hi GOM
You could always pop in and see him

A surgery will be held at the following locations:

Tuesday April 1st 2014 (10:00am – 12:00pm), Moose Hall, Lower Coronation Street, Tredegar

S.B.

Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2014 :  19:01:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the answer to that SB is just look at the date April the 1st a meeting would be little more than a joke with more hot air. I would call it something other but im being polite.

These kind of people (like politicians) promise everything and do nothing as he has thus far, just passes the buck to the lesser spotted wag tail.

The

G.O.M.

Go to Top of Page

lilly
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2014 :  19:38:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done G.O.M.
Great letter.
Lilly
Go to Top of Page

eddiejen
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
176 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2014 :  09:45:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why are these surgeries always held when people are at work? Is it to keep people from attending?
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5386 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2014 :  10:08:32 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I 've said it before and i'll say it again ,it really gets to me people parking on the yellow lines by the bank ,they know what they are doing yet keep on doing it all the time ,so dangerous . I also know of a person building their own house ,their van/car is always parked on yellow lines outside where the house is built ,to make it worse its just by a give away .....sense ....don't think some people got it ,they think they are above the law and the law is leaving them get away with it ............

Go to Top of Page

cahill09

5 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2014 :  15:32:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spot on G.O.M ! Had mind through the door Friday. £1200+!
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13908 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2014 :  10:55:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello cahill09,

Council tax always goes up, services always (seam) to go down. Maybe that is my own blinked view on it..

Wanna see my my council tax bill...

...you might need a sit down for this one..

£2,318.92

Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2014 :  12:08:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OUCH pierre thought our £1,427, 04 was bad enough and lets face it you get no more services than the rest of us.

Another thing your £45.15 our £27.79 for TTC is another rip off I see no need for a TTC.

Just why are we allowing this rip off to continue.

The

G.O.M.

Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13908 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2014 :  13:33:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My sister lives in a lovely house in Newport, similar size, etc. But the services she gets are a vast improvement what we get, and her council tax is over £500 per year less.

Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2014 :  19:15:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Surprise no reply as yet but am I really expecting one ???? after all its Monday they are busy filling in there weekend expenses.

The respect I once had as a kid for the police has now long gone.

The

G.O.M.

Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  18:23:14 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another day and still NO replies.

To me this shows just what contempt these people who we employ and pay there wages really do have for us the people.

It also shows just how much interest they have in local problems.

The

G.O.M.

Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1380 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  20:47:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you all refused to pay they would have a problem. Call it the Tredegar Revolt.
Go to Top of Page

rule34
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
185 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  00:49:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pierre

Hello cahill09,

Council tax always goes up, services always (seam) to go down. Maybe that is my own blinked view on it..

£2,318.92

Absolutely disgraceful, services have gone down and taxes up yet again. Why should one have to pay more council tax if you've worked hard and bought yourself a larger more expensive house? It's not as if you put more bins out, call the Police more often or use more public services.
Go to Top of Page

cahill09

5 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  17:05:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pierre

Hello cahill09,

£2,318.92

Good god!!pierre, what area do you live in? may I ask

Go to Top of Page

Bluebird34

Uzbekistan
26 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  21:21:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But Pierre you haven't said what you will spend the £2.92 a month you have extra after you have paid the month 1 amount...Look at the positives!
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13908 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  22:31:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bluebird34

But Pierre you haven't said what you will spend the £2.92 a month you have extra after you have paid the month 1 amount...Look at the positives!

Yes your right

Put it towards my garden waste that we have to pay for this year?

Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  22:43:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You could Always have a bag of chips, once a month from central fish bar, and possibly some sauce .. .. !!
Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1632 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2014 :  10:35:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey! We will have to be careful!
Some contributors are arguing that if you work hard and buy a better house then you should not pay more council tax.
A Grocer's daughter from Grantham argued that way and look what happened to her.
(I agree there is a good argument that way. Unfortunately it would mean that poor, large families would pay more than many pensioners (and others). Thus it would not work.)
However, it is rightly described as a tax. Possibly we should pay more income tax but no council tax. In reality I cannot see a really good answer to this one.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2014 :  17:06:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There we have it still no reply and im thinking it would be a long shot to get one now.

Im my view it shows just how these people you elected to look after or concerns really do look after our concerns.

In my opinion the police commissioner and his band of outlaws are only in it for there own ends and profit with NO interest in what the people want. Now im sure he would very much disagree with me and would like to take steps to make me go away but as I remember it this is still a free country and I am entitled to my opinion.

So until we get an honest hard working person in this totally worthless job we will have to continue to live with many many people doing as they please in and around our town making many of the towns good people a living hell.

Just who do these officials think they are taking wages from our rates and tax bills ---- Will YOU be voting for them next time?

The

G.O.M.

Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1380 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2014 :  19:28:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Supermarkets adverts read - GET MORE , PA Y LESS
Local Authorities adverts say - PAY MORE, GET LESS.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2014 :  00:00:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"commissioner@gwent.pnn.police.uk" <commissioner@gwent.pnn.police.uk>

Why not tell this man yourself just what you think of him and just how much of a waste of your rates money he and his clan are.

The

G.O.M.

Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2014 :  14:24:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I stand corrected NOW for the reply

---------

Thank you for your email, these matters are of an operational nature that fall within the Chief Constable’s remit, however I will ensure your concerns are passed onto the local Chief Inspector.

I actually have great interest in what happens in all areas of Gwent and am currently holding public surgery’s across Gwent that offer the opportunity for local residents to attend a question and answer session around local issues. These sessions are then followed by opportunities for local residents to have a personal one on one chat with myself if required around any issue they wish to raise. I actually held a public surgery in Tredegar on Tuesday this week which was well received by those who attended and would have been a good opportunity for me to discuss this with you. I have a number of surgeries planned for 2014 across various areas in Gwent, the next one for Blaenau Gwent area is scheduled to take place in Nantyglo on 7th October 2014 at 10am in Winchestown OAP Hall which you would be more than welcome to attend should you wish. I realise that this is some time away and as such have detailed below some forthcoming surgeries across Gwent that you may wish to attend if you are interested in scheduling a one on one meeting after the Q&A session:

15th April 10:00 to 12:00 Hollybush & Coed Eva Community Centre, Cwmbran
22nd April 6pm to 8pm Junior School Recreational Hall, Chepstow Road, Raglan
13th May 6pm to 8pm Bedwas Community Centre, The Bryn Field, Newport Road, Bedwas

Should you wish to attend any of these surgeries for a one on one meeting please can you contact Maria Chapman on 01633 647005 to schedule the appointment.

Yours sincerely

Ian Johnston, QPM
Police & Crime Commissioner for Gwent

----------------

Now for the lesser spotted wag tail to make our town a safe law abiding town to live in. Mind the last time I spotted the lesser spotted wag tail was about the same time as I spotter the Dodo.

Im so looking forward to reading your views. I have to wonder just why if he is so interested he dose not take on board our concerns and get something done about them.

He should really take something for his attack of wind after all, all this methane gas is causing globule warming.

The

G.O.M.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.