New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

sarand

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  20:54:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The above photos are where they want to widen the road and backfill the duck ponds to allow traffic to get to the proposed development.
This is the second time in a fortnight that the ponds have flooded. If these ponds get back filled to allow the road to be widened, where will the run off water from the mountain go, not to the new development but Peacehaven itself. Why should we suffer for the councils ignorance and the developers greed!

Edited by - sarand on 05/09/2008 21:14:02
Go to Top of Page

vicky

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2008 :  18:58:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 6 photo that sarand has taken were the landrover is coming throught the dip in the road is a least 3 or 4 feet deep in water, I bet the driver got wet feet coming through as well.

But if the council fill this dip and the ponds which is the intention, to make way for a wider road for the proposed development it will most definately cause flooding in Peacehaven

When my garage was there everything in it had to bee kept up above 2foot inside just incase the ponds flooded which has happened more and more over the years with the mountain water run off, and as we keep getting told with Global warming and our carbon footprint it will only get worse!!!

Go to Top of Page

Woolfy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2008 :  15:10:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the link Pierre.

So are there going to be more houses at Pochin given Shinko's post above? I bet Shinko is a mean monopoly player!

Does anyone know whats happening to the site on the top left of Georgetown hill? Looks like its been cleared and basic site infrastructure (drains, kerbs etc) installed. Fantastic view of Tredegar from that particular spot
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13891 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  23:06:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A letter that was published in the Gwent Gazette this week (copyright remains with the gazette).

Well said Keith !

Go to Top of Page

Penfold

Australia
118 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  00:47:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said Keith!
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  10:04:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New houses mmmmmmmmmmmmmm well as I was out and about yesterday I went to have a look to see how the NEW est up Queen street was doing. Shock horror its a s*** tip its a total disgrace, Iv never seen a building site like it talk about rubbish. Over flowing skip, rubbish piled high on ground not being built on, cars parked all over the place and on pavements (odd when each house has off road parking) litter every where.

The builder should be ashamed of himself expecting the people that have spent good s to live there then have to live in the mess.

The road surface is not finished and to be able for 2 vehicles to pass is door mirror slapping time.

Anyone thinking of moving up there should think again as it is at the moment. Owell back to my 2 up 2 down least its not on what looks like a land fill site.

Yep its the G.O.M. again
Go to Top of Page

Shinko

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  02:15:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well i think they look fab stone fronted yea pity about skips etc but thats progress it will soon be a very smart estate i think cum on you must prefer that than a chicken battery farm for gods sake

A J Jenkins
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  18:19:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Better than the chicken farm? not one bit WHY cos befor it was at least a nice place for mother nature to do its bit. People and houses only spoil the planet. It was a green place ish.

I understand from a mate of mine down the pub that the houses havent even found buyers and they have to rent them out.

One or 2 nice looking houses up there but in the wrong place between the semi houses that look like any other no front garden just hard standing for cars (might just as well have the front door off the path like mine least I get to have a back lane and most of us have a garage).

All in all not so impresive and over priced and not in one of the best places of Tredegar.

SO sorry no not better.

Yep its the G.O.M. tey again (telling it as he see's it)
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  23:20:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Recent photo taken by our Tarkus.

Thanks Mate.

Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2009 :  12:02:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still un finished, still a tip WHY cant they finish one site before they start another?

Took a ride up around there, houses for sale or rent, so why keep building more when these are still empty?

The G.O.M. sad to see what could be a nice place looking no better than some of the poor parts of the town.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13891 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  22:09:14 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took a photo the other day where "they would like" to build the 147 houses on the patch of "used" land south of Peacehaven, Tredegar...

Local people were using the area, and I spoke with a gentleman on the proposed development, who was still amazed by how planning was given on the area....

Lets hope that "they" see some comman sence, and let the land be enjoyed by all....

Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2009 :  14:03:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Lets hope that "they" see some comman sence, and let the land be enjoyed by all...."

Yes it should be enjoyed by all BUT there are the one or twn that put themself and the desire of money befor anything THEN have the nerve to say Im building these house for the benefit of the town/people.

The G.O.M. "builders go build houses in your own back garden, leave our open spaces to us"

Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13891 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  12:28:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like they are starting to do some drilling on the land where they are going TO build the 147 houses. They are checking to make sure the builder can get the 10 year building cover on the new houses.

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  13:09:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive also noticed that they have put some bases down on the former St Joseph's school
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2140 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  13:22:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please can anybody tell me who the hell are going to buy all these new houses? Especially as according to the property experts the property market is in one of it's worse slumps for many a year and all you have to do to see that this is true is look at some of the houses for sale in Tred and some of them have been up for sale for over a year, some even longer! All i can think of is that the majority of these new homes will be social housing up for rent as we keep on being told there is a shortage of affordable homes to rent and therefore they will not be private houses to buy.Does anyone know any different?
Go to Top of Page

sarand

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  20:08:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the link for the new houses on the slurry ponds at Ryans Tip Peacehaven:
www.bedweltygardens.co.uk

Good luck to anyone who is stupid enough to buy one!
Go to Top of Page

sarand

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  20:19:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it true that an ex mayor is organising a daisy drop competition to win a home on Bedwelty Gardens, even though he is not selling the homes for the developer now. LOL!!
Go to Top of Page

Webteam
Webteam

23582 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  21:04:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope not........

sarand

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  21:11:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I hope not also cos Daisy, Gertrude and friends were out and about in Peacehaven a week ago, so the ex-mayor got it wrong again, LOL!!
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5365 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  22:40:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kay ,how are you ? I wonder myself who s going to buy all these houses getting built . The thing is the people who has them built ,don t care if they don t sell them because like you said they ll just leave anyone rent them from anywhere ,not worrying who they are as long as they are having their money ,Cupcake .
Go to Top of Page

uncle bob

United Kingdom
2458 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2011 :  00:42:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cupcake

Hi Kay ,how are you ? I wonder myself who s going to buy all these houses getting built . The thing is the people who has them built ,don t care if they don t sell them because like you said they ll just leave anyone rent them from anywhere ,not worrying who they are as long as they are having their money ,Cupcake .

I don't think we can stand in the way of progress when updating the houses in our town
I'd rather think that the developers know what they are doing what with all the costs and investment involved, many of us don't like change but we must look forward.many cannot afford the prices asked for new houses, so renting is the most likly outcome,it happens a lot in europe,my house is 150 years old and my car is 10 years old they both are creaking a little now but as i am a pensioner i cannot afford to change eather so i am stuck with them warts and all. but quite happy with my lot.

Edited by - uncle bob on 16/07/2011 00:44:44
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2140 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2011 :  02:20:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cupcake how are you?
I think these houses down in Peacehaven are a different kettle of fish to the one's by me as after reading their nice glossy site/info they sound like all private houses [think a percentage has to be for social though by law,which if i'd paid 250,00 for a house and someone next door was renting and having it paid for by the Dole i would be well chucked off], you know like Redrow,Barratt etc.
They look nice and i quite fancy either the 5 bed or the 4 bed with 2 en-suites [yeah right in my dreams!]. Also after reading the info on site,the way they described Tredegar---I didn't recognise it as the town i lived in,on about well known High street shops in the town centre???? Do i live there?
But as Sarand said i wouldn't fancy a house built on there at all,no way. I'm like Uncle Bob more than happy with my lot but less happy with the surrounding area now.
Go to Top of Page

gatekeeper

339 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  21:32:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not for me to say but underpinning on some new houses has been going on somewhere in the town

well we did all say !
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2011 :  10:56:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Posted - 06/03/2009 : 02:15:15
well i think they look fab stone fronted yea pity about skips etc but thats progress it will soon be a very smart estate i think cum on you must prefer that than a chicken battery farm for gods sake

A J Jenkins"

Notice the date ?

Well was up there Monday gosh yes what a change it is they have now finished the pavement and tarmacked the road ( was told it happened about a week ago.

Shame about the plots unsold still being used as rubbish dumps mind, but guess another millennium might see these cleaned up.

Looks like the banking at the rear of the houses is a earth movement just waiting to happen I definitely would not want to be close by when it slips.

I also hear that some of the raffs they are built on could be on the move.

The

G.O.M.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.