Racetrack in cefn
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Carpetmonster

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2014 :  22:21:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The way some of the cars go up and down Queen Street. Especially the way they take the bend by the Ironsides club it's just madness.

Edited by - Carpetmonster on 25/06/2014 22:28:08

uncle bob

United Kingdom
2428 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2014 :  00:38:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GOM is always on about this it must be crazy there!
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13482 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2014 :  07:36:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember a few years back when I swear I saw a fiesta going around that corner on two wheels....

Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2014 :  11:10:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The councillors the POLICE the over paid POLICE COMMISSIONER along with his over paid cronies are well aware of the problem of speeding and the off road bikes BUT as the POLICE (and the commissioner who states its not his remit) say they are un able to do anything about the problem.

Like black spot road accident there has to be a fatality or 2 before they can/will do anything.

I find it odd that other police areas take road crime very seriously to the point of being over the top. Maybe Gwent police haven't the right education and are un able to read the highway code along with the laws of the lane and the top bods are to busy out and about playing golf and other self interests to care.

Mind its not going on in there back garden either.

THE

G.O.M.

Go to Top of Page

Carpetmonster

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2014 :  13:06:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They must be something the police can do about this.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2014 :  14:08:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes there is BUT they have no interest in doing so

Go to Top of Page

Carpetmonster

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2014 :  14:37:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One nite this week I was out walking the dog. And a car was going up queen street. and a car going way to fast was coming down from Attlee way and they met at the bend. How the one car that was coming from Attlee way didn't come off the road I don't no.
Go to Top of Page

fizz

1797 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2014 :  16:33:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive only just read these posts and I have to say I am really fed up of the loonies speeding around up Cefn Golau but especially up Park Hill and into Cefn where there is a nasty bend. They come around on the wrong side of the road, screeching their way as they go. Someone is going to get killed and I hope its not someone innocent that's coming the other way towards one of these idiots. I've really had enough and am thinking of going to the council to see if we could have speed bumps like they have over Hilltop. Any thoughts anyone?
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2014 :  18:38:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bottom line fizz the police will do nothing until there has been a fatality what's more the problem is only going to get worse now the kids are out of school (mind are they ever in school) as there off road bikes are going to be used all day every day.

Watch out make sure your fuel tank is locked and your vehicle is on plain sight as a screwdriver through the tank will provide fuel for them.

Getting the council to do something is as good as getting the police to deal with the problem as they have the excuse that they are unable to chase the purps due to health and safety there's not ours. As for the councillors ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm O and the police commissioner na its not in his remit to see to the problem.

So all in all we have many many public workers that we are paying for doing as per norm nothing for the public not even the jobs we pay them for.

The

G.O.M.

Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1048 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2014 :  18:38:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What has happened to the F1 racing track near the Rassau?
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2014 :  18:57:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Relocated to cefn golau

Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2457 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2014 :  20:18:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have come to the conclusion that speeding is fairly generic throughout tredegar, this is something that the police must be aware of, one only has to watch the traffic for a few minutes to obsverve it.The people who flout the law do so knowing that the police in our town are not interested.
Maybe it has something to do with the enforced cut backs undergone by the force, i dont know. All i do know is that you can see people speeding etc on side streets and main roads throughout the town, its an accident waiting to happen.
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6205 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2014 :  20:40:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw Two youngsters Racing up Queen St, On one of them Horrific, Chinese pit, or sh*t bikes, With No crash helmets, passing a Police Ford estate car and they did'nt even bother to turn and investigate them .. .. .. .. !! ( Yesterday ) .. ..

Edited by - fredd on 22/07/2014 20:42:19
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2457 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2014 :  20:49:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As stated in my last post the police the police dont want to know
Go to Top of Page

fizz

1797 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2014 :  21:23:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fredd

I saw Two youngsters Racing up Queen St, On one of them Horrific, Chinese pit, or sh*t bikes, With No crash helmets, passing a Police Ford estate car and they did'nt even bother to turn and investigate them .. .. .. .. !! ( Yesterday ) .. ..

I can well believe it Fredd. I just don't understand how they justify ignoring such a massive problem in Tredegar. And Gom and Darole, I agree with you both. Well God forbid there be a terrible incident, (I can't call it accident because to me, what they are doing is intentional and an accident is not) because I'll be the first to shout to Gwent police I BL**DY TOLD YOU SO.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2014 :  00:18:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our police are not worthy of the uniform they wear let alone the wages we pay them on many many occasions I have seen them driving past law breaking individuals looking the other way, when questioning the so called police chiefs they all ways come up with the same reply that the police officer was on his/her way to a more important crime.

I have never been so disgusted and my respect for this service has now gone.

I have been told by the chiefs themselves that even laws of our land carved in stone that other police services take action on are only discretionary in Tredegar.

All you will ever get from them is hot air and B.S.

2 weeks it took them to contact me about reported accident damage to my car. My reply no wonder crime stats are going down what good is it now in making a statement. O yes and the accident was caused by one of these road racers, and Im now £500 out of pocket for repairs.

The

G.O.M.

Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2457 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2014 :  18:58:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quote from gom ...."been told by the chiefs themselves that even laws of our land carved in stone that other police services take action on are only discretionary in Tredegar."

Are we to take it then that tredegars low life can do what they like with the knowledge that they will not be persuaded and convicted of their crimes ????
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2457 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2014 :  20:20:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Spelling mistake last post

Are we to take it then that tredegars low life can do what they like with the knowledge that they will not be persued and convicted of their crimes ????

Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2014 :  00:05:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See my post " And don't we know it" and I think the answer must be yes. Less finance less police people,petty crime not worth being investigated.

2 weeks to get in touch with me about a road accident (damage to my car) and that was just a phone call so not logged no crime report = less crime in Gwent. Job done one happy over paid police commissioner bragging I have got crime down.

The

G.O.M.

Go to Top of Page

Davey81
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
417 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2014 :  11:16:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is becoming obvious that the Police are almost becoming non-existent in Tredegar lately when you look at the amount of anti-social behaviour, vandalism and dangerous or reckless driving that seems to be happening, perhaps this is down to staff cutbacks or maybe they are in training for the upcoming NATO summit due to be held in Newport. As for the claim that crime is falling, in some cases I donít think people bother reporting some offences because of the lacklustre response they expect to get off the Police these days.

In my opinion the role of the Police and Crime Commissioner should be scrapped as soon as possible because the money saved from ending this non-job and getting rid of the support staff that work under the Police and Crime Commissioner could be diverted back into Police budgets.

The Commissioners role is nothing but a waste of time and money anyway as they are only there to be conveniently used as a scapegoat to divert blame away from the government for the cuts to Police Force budgets.
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2457 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2018 :  13:33:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have the same problem on the dram road, clearly identified as a 20 mph zone due to the dieghton primary school yet you still get idiots Exceeding the speed limit putting lives at risk.

Go to Top of Page

Carpetmonster

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2018 :  08:38:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As you can see from my original post on the 25/06/2014 about car's using Cefn Golau like a race track. Unfortunately the problem still. Exists. In fact I feel the problem as got a lot worse. There's a lot on quad bikes on the roads now. And I see a lot of them up and around Cefn golau. I realise that the authorities are stretched to the Limit. And please correct me if I'm wrong they say they can't do nothing until someone has an accident or god forbid something worse happens. Now to me this is just complete and utter Madness. I don't know what other people who live in Cefn Golau feel about this situation and if I'm honest I don't even know what can be done about it. But I would hate to see someone lose their life because some individuals feels like they are Lewis Hamilton.
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1048 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2018 :  10:15:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I notice that GOM made some interesting comments on thi topic .Any chance of his return to the forum?
Go to Top of Page

framps

2 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2018 :  19:44:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carpetmonster

The way some of the cars go up and down Queen Street. Especially the way they take the bend by the Ironsides club it's just madness.

Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13482 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2018 :  22:38:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quad bikes are a right pain, always see them (especially on a Sunday) driving around town, no number plate so no insurance. Nothing every gets done about it....

quote:

I notice that GOM made some interesting comments on thi topic .Any chance of his return to the forum?

I think the GOM has long gone Ken

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.