Advanced Member

United Kingdom
339 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2014 :  19:06:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

theclock
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
339 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2014 :  12:05:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone name any members of this football team.
Go to Top of Page

smokey
Advanced Member

234 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2014 :  12:48:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I Think the Goalkeeper is Ray Foxhall
Sitting L-R Terry Marshall at the end Morton Samual
Go to Top of Page

Gezza

Australia
59 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2014 :  14:53:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holding the ball is Graham Smith. He was a fitter for Red & White.
He then became a fitter at the Crown Cork.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13902 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2014 :  19:21:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to you all :o)

Go to Top of Page

ike
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2014 :  20:27:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pierre

Thanks to you all :o)

Go to Top of Page

dwjames40

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2015 :  10:38:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Noticing the R W on the kit I assume it was the Red and White bus team. The player 3rd Top Left is ? Brown from Rhymney, father of Paul Brown a friend of mine in Tredegar Tech, who was driver with The bus company.
Go to Top of Page

rhyd boy
Advanced Member

New Zealand
166 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2015 :  18:02:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes that's Ankers dad. Stephen Hughs (old Tech boy) tells me that Paul lives in Florida but maybe in Rhymney at the moment. Stephen lives in Perth WA.
quote:
Originally posted by dwjames40

Noticing the R W on the kit I assume it was the Red and White bus team. The player 3rd Top Left is ? Brown from Rhymney, father of Paul Brown a friend of mine in Tredegar Tech, who was driver with The bus company.

Go to Top of Page

dwjames40

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2015 :  21:13:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for update "Rhyd boy"

Are you Gerald Freeman ?
Go to Top of Page

Keith Marshall

United Kingdom
74 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2015 :  11:56:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Smokey, front left is my father Ivor Marshall, Terry was his brother and didn't play for R&W. Front 4th is Bob Growcott who was my father's best man.
Go to Top of Page

myriad
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
334 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2015 :  22:26:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not think that the goal keeper is Ray Foxhall, He looks nothing like my dad x
Go to Top of Page

theclock
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
339 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2015 :  11:15:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To the right of the goalkeeper ( who may be Bertie Banks )is Tommy Seyes. Front row left Ivor Marshall next to him Bill Penny. Front row extreme right Doug Giles.
Go to Top of Page

ike
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2015 :  20:30:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill Penny was a regular Siloh chapel man married girl Dobson , an evacuee who lived in Kimmberly Villas.Here brother lived with Bryan Preston Greenfield terrace. I vaguely remember Bill as a conductor on the r&w buses.He would be about 86 now. Does any one know if Graham is still about ,I was friendly with him school; his younger I worked with sorry to say can't think of his name!

Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13902 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2015 :  15:19:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks to jillyjijo for some more names and info on the men in the photo,

Info from an ex red and white bus driver who worked with most of these men.

Back row left to right
D J Lewis (manager of Red & White bus company) , Johnny McQuade - fitter from Ashvale,
Cyril Brown - driver from Rhymney, Tommy Les - conductor from Abertysswg, unknown,
Unknown, Doug Giles, fitter from Tredegar.

Front row left to right
Ivor Marshall , driver from Tredegar, Bill Penny, driver from Tredegar, Granville Long, fitter from Troedrhiwgwair, Bob Growcott, driver from Rhymney valley, unknown and the man on the end iis Ossie Chambers driver from Ebbw Vale whose conductress was his wife Emmy

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.