Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

ddraig

United Kingdom
1708 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2015 :  11:54:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just seen the new recycling boxes, called "Trollibocs" on BGCBC FB page (If anyone wants a looky-loo)
Anyone know how big they are?
Link
https://www.facebook.com/blaenaugwentcbc/photos/a.459979050686166.122129.135767406440667/1134924673191597/?type=1&theater

Edited by - ddraig on 13/07/2015 12:03:45

paul 1

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2015 :  12:33:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wot a complete and utter waste of money they are crap had mine delivered today
Go to Top of Page

tony
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
303 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2015 :  13:55:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Should have been called trollibo**ocks lol.
Go to Top of Page

LilyLady

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2015 :  14:13:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonder if I will have to phone to get ours. I normally have to. Apparently BGCBC don't think that anyone lives in the Town Centre.

LilyLady

Happiness is Petal Shaped
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine Honeydew

United Kingdom
1137 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2015 :  17:20:09 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Handy for fishing.....
Go to Top of Page

bonnie12

United Kingdom
133 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2015 :  19:10:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No one has a positive thing to say about these boxes, either on here or on fb. Makes me wonder which idiot on the council became the salesman dream client, agreeing to these? I'm quite happy with my plastic bags thank you!
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2620 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2015 :  21:09:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My concern with the design is one of portability for the aged and disabled.
When people with difficulties use plastic bags they can fill them to a weight that is acceptable to them especially when they have to navigate steps etc.
These trollibots in my opinion will make it very difficult for these people to get them up and down steps.
I don't think there has been a risk assessment done on how the aged and disabled are to overcome these concerns.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1975 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2015 :  23:30:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If people who live on the flat wish to use them fine, but I.for one, will refuse to comply to some jobsworth Ill thought out scheme. Whoever decided to purchase these overpriced bins should pay for them out of their own pockets. Strange how grants can be obtained for unwanted items when the money could be used for more essential repairs in the Borough.
Go to Top of Page

fizz

1797 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2015 :  11:39:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darole I have to agree with you on the usability of these things for the disabled and aged. I myself would not be able to pull these down to the pavement. I also have a long path and steps to reach the pavement making it doubly hard. Luckily, my hubby is here to help but I know of a few elderly folk around here that will not be able to do it. I also don't think I'm going to able to fit all my recycling into these. It just seems to me, when there have to be cutbacks for everything else, that to spend millions on this new scheme is ridiculous. We already have a recycling scheme that seems to have worked quite adequately. Why waste money when we cant have street lights in the town, resulting in a stabbing and numerous attacks in the last 12 months. Is that acceptable? I know what I think.
Go to Top of Page

Brettp27

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2015 :  15:00:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's the point ??? Great wayy of spending everyone's well earned taxes !!!! NOT

B powell
Go to Top of Page

carol mary
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
369 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2015 :  16:51:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I got to say what a complete waste of money.. I have 2 newspapers a day plus magazines, cereal boxes, I have two dogs so over 24 cans of dog food without our food cans. I like a drink on the weekend so 12 alcohol cans or bottles so I put out around 5/6 bags.. the are some living by me put out 6/7 bags with just alcohol cans in so bins will not suffice them
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

468 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2015 :  17:22:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoever came up with this idea must be mad what is wrong with the bags we are using now .It makes you think tha t the people who came up with these Trollibocs have nothing better to do. With their time .I think it will lead to people doing less recycling .I wonder how long it takes for the young people in the area use them as play things .We are told often enough that we need to make saving .It is time BGBC sat up and took noticed of their community.
Go to Top of Page

nineteenten
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
264 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2015 :  15:23:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The people who use 6/7 bags a week for alcohol cans I would say have a drink problem, for the new bocs we should aill refuse to use them and stay with the bags which are what we want and need.
Go to Top of Page

eddiejen
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
176 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2015 :  18:06:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just emailed the council stating in my opinion they are a total waste of taxpayers money.
A bit like the assembly selling expensive land at a knock-down price!
Anyway please also consider when the councils are disbanded and then reformed the trolleys will then be phased out for the next idea from the new council.
I think this is rushed in so they can blow my money (Its from Europe I hear the answer!) Europe gets its money from you and me.
The present system just needs a bit of tweaking.
Go to Top of Page

Snowy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
542 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2015 :  19:22:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a mindboggling waste of OUR money. We are just two in our household but they are nowhere near big enough for us but are far too wide to bring in through our back gate.
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2620 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2015 :  20:32:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a point of interest snowy just how wide are they
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2620 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2015 :  18:17:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having received our new trolibocs I am absolutely confident that they have been not designed for the aged or infirmed who have take their recycling up or down steps.

Go to Top of Page

Snowy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
542 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2015 :  19:57:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by darole

As a point of interest snowy just how wide are they

Sorry for the delayed reply Darole..........I measured the widih of the wheels as 24"......Two of my elderly neighbours have phoned Blaenau Gwent & demanded they come & take them back, which they have promised to do !!!
Go to Top of Page

billk
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
156 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2015 :  20:40:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have no back entrance and if the BGBC have the impression I among others will drag their trollibocs through the house to the front forget it, no chance, plastic bags are more friendly for my use
Go to Top of Page

Richard

82 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2015 :  20:42:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I e mailed Blaenau-gwent to ask them how much it is costing to provide these Trollibocs.As you may guess I have yet to receive a reply.
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2015 :  20:51:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard

Yesterday I e mailed Blaenau-gwent to ask them how much it is costing to provide these Trollibocs.As you may guess I have yet to receive a reply.

MMM,, Freedom of Information !!
Go to Top of Page

billk
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
156 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2015 :  20:54:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The councils recycling policy needs a good overhaul starting with the council itself, I queried the collection of street litter by litter pickers, all they collect is put into orange plastic bags and contains paper, cans, bottles etc these bags are collected and taken to landfill at silent valley again the council made every excuse as to why in the future they will separate items, that was 6 months ago and it still remains the same.
Go to Top of Page

Cloud-Collector
Advanced Member

203 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2015 :  23:12:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK folks, we need someone who has a bit of time in their hands to :-
1. Organise one of those online petitions
2. Send in a freedom of information request, to find out how much these boxes are costing Blaenau Gwent tax payers.
I personally see no good reason why the system has to be changed and I feel we are not consulted enough on how our money is spent or in this case wasted.
When we had boxes before I never remember the recycling total up the tip getting above 35% but since we have been using bags the total is now well about 65%.
We want our blue and white bags back please.

Go to Top of Page

Snowy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
542 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2015 :  07:47:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A fixed penalty is slapped on anyone who lets their dog foul anywhere, its also slapped on anyone dropping litter so why cant they fine anyone not putting out their recycling bags. It's been mentioned on here before that they only have to follow the refuse lorry to find the culprits & it would cost us a helluva lot less too.
Go to Top of Page

carol mary
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
369 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2015 :  11:53:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where and what do we use to place the recyclable items when the boxes are full? Are we allowed more boxes or do we have to pay for extra boxes??? The fly tipping is chronic at the back of my house already.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1708 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2015 :  12:12:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you can get extra boxes although that said, where are you supposed to keep them all?
I suppose we'll have to give it a go and see how it works out.
Have to say, the bags work for me.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.