New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

keanjo

United Kingdom
1387 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2015 :  12:02:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every Local Authority in Britain have departments designing waste disposal systems and it would seem there are as many systems as there are Local Authorities. Surely they can't all be the best and there must be an optimum solution .Why doesn't the Government ask some Company to design an optimum scheme and introduce it to the whole country.The hordes of LA officers researching schemes could be released to do something more useful and ma˝ufacturers of waste disposal hardware would know precisely what was needed
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1715 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2015 :  14:19:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just saw this on FB
https://www.facebook.com/blaenaugwentcbc?fref=nf
these look similar to the boxes we had before bags, every time it's windy they blow away

Go to Top of Page

kay16

2142 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2015 :  20:11:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well a member of my family had the 3 boxes delivered yesterday,as I noticed so did Woodfield Road and all of Glyn Terrace. Does anyone know why they have had them instead of that other pile of rubbish? Does that mean with Glyn that the back lane is too narrow for the new trucks? If so then I would think that would include nearly all the back lanes down the tip are too small because they are all roughly the same. Also if these boxes are to be picked up out the front of the property where the hell are they supposed to be put? The only place they can go is on the main pavement as there is nowhere on the opposite side of the road (like Woodfield) to put them,that means blocking the pavement so people will then have to walk on the main road, as boxes have to be out by 7 am,that includes children walking to school (great health and safety, guess no one has done a risk assessment because surely this is a hazard?). Also once these boxes have been emptied, what's to say all 3 boxes (especially the lids) makes it back to the right owner? Yep just another well thought out idea by BGCBC--not. Oh and still not had my bags delivered, even after a request it on the website and a phone call to the office.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1715 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2015 :  10:19:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I saw these boxes I thought what a waste, they are no different to the trolibocs (without the trolley + with lids, which the trollibocs should have had anyhow) I've seen them in Queen St, as they have no side entrance are they supposed to bring these boxes through the house?? (probably dripping wet and covered with slugs, snails etc) They really didn't think this through at all and should have had feedback from people before they got the darned things.
I saw on Fb that there are meetings across BG to discuss the new system, it's in a trailer opposite the bus stops in Tredegar on Tuesday 15th Sept,(bit late now isn't it?)
https://www.facebook.com/blaenaugwentcbc/photos/a.459979050686166.122129.135767406440667/1170554199628644/?type=1&theater

Go to Top of Page

marjon

46 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2015 :  22:06:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They took my trolley bloc back but told me today I will have 3 bins if I can't use trolybocs how am I supposed to carry them Blaenau Gwent has really not thought this out they are really not thinking of disabled or oap
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.