What do you think ?
Labour again ?
BNP in Blaenau Gwent ?

www.tredegar.co.uk

Chris
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
622 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2004 :  00:55:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judging by our council, I'd say Monster Raving Loony Party
Go to Top of Page

morcar
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
260 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2004 :  01:09:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the euro voting i`m going with BNP, but for the local voting i`m going with plaid Cymru, not only are they the party for wales but also have some very good people 1 being Ken Sullivan. This man has been brought up around our area and knows what needs to be done plus he will do anything for our town if he was in and i believe in him if he says he`s going to do it. He`s not like all the others who are in the council right now who just sit about and collect big fat pay checks he`ll go out there and do it. If you want a change from the crap service your getting get out there and vote. Don`t sit there and think that labour is going to win it again cuz your only giving your vote doing that.

Get out there and vote for anyone but Labour and lets kick them out once and for all we need a change and lets hope the change is now.
Go to Top of Page

cropsy

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2004 :  11:35:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're voting for the BNP? What the f**k??? Do you know that the BNP is the political arm of the National Front? Why would you want to vote for racists??

I agree with your voting for anyone but Labour, but please, not the BNP.
Go to Top of Page

morcar
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
260 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  09:34:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don`t think you really know what the score is with me anyway. My wife is not from around here and she never asked for a penny yet i was screwed out of my money when i lost my job 7 months back. No one did feck all to help us and we almost lost our house. If your in a council house or if you just fell off a back of a lorry you get the full works money,house and god knows what else.....now tell me how that is fair when i have worked since i was 16 (i am now 28) and when i did get my claim they took it off me saying it was because i was married to a non-UK person which i might add is a load of BS.

I was never like this and always thought that whatever i was entitled too i could get, but i was wrong and in a big way. I think you will see more and more people voting BNP as time goes on as i know people are sick of feeling a second class citizen when you have all these people falling off vans and such getting everything and someone who have lived here gets nothing to help them and their family. I also think it`s time to take back our country and tell them where to go.

I also got to say i just had the labour flyers in through the door and i got to say they all look like if they should be in jail or something with them holding number plates. Is this really who they want us to vote for ???? like hell am i voting for them.
Go to Top of Page

morcar
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
260 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  09:39:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
forgot to say as well what do you think plaid Cymru is they are in the same boat as BNP only they don`t speak out as much as the BNP does
Go to Top of Page

Mr Fish
Web-Team Member

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  22:37:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The more people that vote for the BNP candidates,the sooner we can get rid of this police state that we live in and can get a party that will put the wants and needs of British People first above all else.

If it looks like fish,
Smells like fish,
Tastes like fish,
Guess what - IT FISH
Go to Top of Page

cropsy

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  22:46:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morcar, I understand your point. My missus was denied both Unemployment Benefit and any maternity benefits when she was pregnant, simply because she had looked after her sick mother for 6 months and hadn't claimed any benefit during that time... which meant she hadn't made any NI contributions, even though she had done so at all other times.
Yes it's unfair, when immigrants can get 1,000 benefit money and free housing, but how is voting for a bunch of Nazis going to help anyone in this country?
Mr Fish states that they will get rid of the police state and put the wants and needs of the British People first above all else, but will it really be the British People, or just those with white skin?
I thought we'd put an end to the risk of a facist, totalitarian Britain behind us in 1945, but I guess I was wrong.
Go to Top of Page

morgan.m

1184 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2004 :  23:52:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cropsy
No Cropsy your thoughs are right and don`t
ever doubt yourself, as you are stated which his the average persons views, I go along with your comments, are we to say those loss of lives in the last war were in vein.
I`m not a lover of Cops, but without them what a world this would be, as far as a police state and that seems to be our future, what is the alternative into todays enviroment
Go to Top of Page

morcar
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
260 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  08:13:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
umm i think your getting mixed up here .... for the local voting which is 4 votes i`m going to vote for the welsh party and for the euro i`m going to vote BNP. I`m not going to vote BNP for our local council at all. Like i said in my last poast though the welsh party is in the same boat as the welsh party anyway.

Do you think if the welsh party came into power over wales they`d let english folk buy all the house up like they have been in wales. I think not, they`d kick them back into the s**thole called England.
Go to Top of Page

cropsy

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2004 :  20:59:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Voting for the BNP, whether for European, Council or General elections is a mistake.
And I'm not to concerned about the English coming and buying houses in Wales; what I'm concerned about is excessive council taxes, petrol prices, health care, education and employment. Rather than kicking the English out, the Welsh party should be trying to bring business to our area and trying to stop the rot.
Go to Top of Page

morgan.m

1184 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2004 :  00:18:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its about time that we the so called Welsh Race looked around, we are the melting pot, through the years we have intergrared with numerous races so lets face facts we are a bunch of Mongrels, Go into our cities where you are out numbered, and now you are saying you don`t want the English to come into our Country, lets face it we are one Country, we are living in our Forefathers past, so lets move on. And to close 60 years ago there was no such thoughts where or what your nationallity was we were BRITISH
Go to Top of Page

morcar
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
260 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2004 :  18:23:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What i think your forgetting about is that most of the english are coming in to wales to retire and they get the free eye tests and everything that our welsh assem. setup for the people of wales.

They are taking what is ours and to people who have worked in wales and to top it all off when they are put into care it`s our children working for minimum wage wiping their asses.
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
622 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2004 :  23:46:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I won't be voting for labour in any of the elections. You only have to visit Waundeg and Cefn Golau to see the neglect, that our LABOUR run council has done to these two estates. Boarded up run down houses suffering from lack of upkeep and maintenance, pot-holed and patched roads, uncut grass, uncleaned streets. And to rub salt in to the wounds, we have one of the highest council taxes in Wales.
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
622 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2004 :  15:23:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a leaflet from the door yesterday, from the wild bunch, our Labour candidates. In the leaflet, they say they are going to penalise local farmers for straying animals, which I think is unfair because the reason for the straying animals is the poor state of fences, which are the property, and responsibility of the Council.
Go to Top of Page

malacara

27 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  15:47:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blaenau gwent has been a labour stronghold for over eighty years, where has it got us? Entitlement to objective one funding because we are officially one of the poorest regions in europe,.
Consecutive (english) governments have mis-ruled and exploited our country, we can only prosper and determine our own destiny when we are independent.Five of the countries recently joining Europe are smaller, have less population,a higher percentage of unemployment and less natural resources, than Wales. So why are we so scared of independence?because we are less capable than our nieghbours?because ater 800 years of servitude we haven't the confidence?Or because we are told (peter hain being a prime example)we cannot rule ourselves and would be a laughing stock of Europe if we tried?
Go to Top of Page

morcar
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
260 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2004 :  07:45:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1 seat changed hands lastnight anyone know anything about this ??
Go to Top of Page

kate

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2004 :  10:33:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

good one labour for getting all four seats in the central and west elections, plaid cymru didnt have a chance if they could not be bothered to canvas i did not recieve any information on the candidates representing them, they thought by coming around cefn golau the day before the elections would be good enough but it was not so i am glad they lost

k trollope
Go to Top of Page

cropsy

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2004 :  11:47:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it confirmed that Labour retained seats?

******s. Time to move, I think. Money grabbing w*nkers.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13891 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2004 :  13:17:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Election of 4 COUNTY BOROUGH COUNCILLORS for the TREDEGAR CENTRAL & weST Electoral Division

Candidate PARTY VOTES CAST
Glanmor Bowen-Knight Plaid Cymru
The Party of Wales 625
Paul Hopkins Labour Party Candidate 1015
Derek Ivan Morris Labour Party Candidate 978
Kenneth Daniel Sullivan Plaid Cymru
The Party of Wales 611
Stephen Colin Thomas Labour Party Candidate 1085
Haydn Leslie Trollope Labour Party Candidate 978
Spoiled votes 36
Total votes cast/Turnout 5328

Paul Hopkins, Derek Ivan Morris, Stephen Colin Thomas and Haydn Leslie Trollope are duly elected Councillors for Tredegar Central & West Electoral Division.

www.gamesroom-online.co.uk
www.bath-in-a-field.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

morcar
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
260 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2004 :  01:20:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did anyone know that Haydn Leslie Trollope stood agaist the labour party about 4 years back and it`s labour party rules not to have anyone in the party if they stand agaist them ???

I don`t count him as anything if they break the rules just to make up the numbers.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13891 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2004 :  09:52:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you will find that wrong. Look at Ken Livingstone for example. He was Mayor of London the first time not as Labour, but was when he just got back in.....

www.gamesroom-online.co.uk
www.bath-in-a-field.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

EyeJay

3 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2004 :  15:33:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tredegar votes:

Labour 7 Plaid Cymru 0

Result!

Gone quiet on here hasn't it?
Go to Top of Page

cropsy

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2004 :  18:02:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How the hell is Labour getting in a "result"?

Do you work for the council, by any chance?
Go to Top of Page

EyeJay

3 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2004 :  13:07:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't work for or have anything to do with the Council.

I do usually (not always) support Labour.

The alternative here is actually worse. Plaid struggle to find two candidates to fight nine seats in Tredegar. They cannot therefore offer an alternative to the ruling council - they don't say what they would do if they got in. Their publicity 'material' is a joke and they run no effective campaign.

If you believe that a different Party running the Council would turn Tred into Chelsea you are wrong.

Plaid had five years in power in the Rhondda and Caerphilly and were so bloody awful that people kicked them out as soon as they could.

You are entitled to your view same as I am, but for another 4 years the voters have spoken via the ballot box, and that's what counts - not barroom philosophers and internet racists that you have rightly condemned above. Good on you for that.
Go to Top of Page

morcar
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
260 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2004 :  21:10:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me tell you something eyejay and iknow this is a fact. Labour in Tredegar are finding it hard to put people up for the voting. Why do you think they put someon who stood against them to be voted in. Did this person suddenly become Labour ... i think not.

eyejay, you got muck in your eyes and you should really look at the state of Tredegar as a whole. It`s run down and run out because of Labour, there`s no high paid jobs and the service we get is more like a third world country. I myself had to look further than Tredegar for a job that paid well and have to walk it every day or night to get what i need to live on and pay my bills. Tredegar people though are the nicest people around here though, even when the council makes our lives almost unlivable they have time to chat and to be happy.

I don`t know how other partys would deal with our problem and it wouldn`t make any difference if they failed as i think we are as low as we can get.

Strange how i still love Tredegar with all it`s faults.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.