New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ike
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2017 :  00:25:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sad to report the death of Ray Thomas ex Grammar school boy.Loved his cricket , taught at Bedwellty Grammar school . Well known in Blackwood Operatic Society .Not have had the best of health last couple of years.

butch

United Kingdom
1436 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2017 :  15:21:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sad to hear of Rays passing, I haven't seen Ray for some years. He had a lovely baritone singing voice. We were neighbours Raymond lived in Southend, and me in Walter St. You could often hear Raymond and his brother Leslie singing their hearts out through their bedroom window.
R.I.P. Raymond, and condolences to his family.
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1182 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2017 :  21:49:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ray Thomas played a good game of rugby in the grammar school and he is photographed in the 48 /49 & 49/50 teams in
The gallery.Sorry to learn of his passing .
Go to Top of Page

Bryan Rendell

United Kingdom
1783 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2017 :  13:06:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ray was in school with Me and Milkman. The last time I saw Raymond was a few years ago when he attended a Grammar School Reunion.

Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1312 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2017 :  10:45:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ray was a first class chap.
I was at his funeral together with Basil Edwards, Gerald Watkins and Ken Phillips.
It was many years since he had lived in Tredegar so only a few of the "Old Lags" were there
RIP Ray
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.