Spring Bulbs.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1478 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2017 :  01:31:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A few weeks ago my Spring bulbs had 'popped' through the soil and grown quite a few inches, making me think that they would flower soon, I hope the recent snow covering have slowed them down.

MKerchey05

879 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2017 :  12:53:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My bulbs have started to show through the soil too. I've just looked at them again and there are 3 new shoots. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they slow down. I think it was all the mild weather we had before that snow that's caused them to sprout. If they take my advice they'll stay where they are until spring!
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1005 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2017 :  16:10:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Donít worry ,plants have got more sense than people.
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1478 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2018 :  13:04:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Several of my narcissus have flowered.
A little bit early?
I am not sure but they could be Daffadowndilly.
Go to Top of Page

MKerchey05

879 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2018 :  12:39:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know about plants having any sense but all my pots are showing new growth! I've also planted bulbs (of some flower) in the garden and they're showing, it'll be a surprise when I find out what they are!
Go to Top of Page

MKerchey05

879 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2018 :  13:15:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, my daffs were coming along very nicely but they are now under about 5ft of snow, poor things!! I DID have some tiny irises and crocuses coming out but they've suffered the same 'snow fate' as the daffs. Maybe the flowers other than my daffs will be ok, I hope so!!
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1478 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2018 :  16:13:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are your Crocus crushed
Go to Top of Page

MKerchey05

879 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2018 :  14:23:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not as crushed as I was when I saw all that snow!! No, the tiny plants seem to just stop growing and wait until the bad weather passes then continue to thrive! I've now got irises crocuses and tiny tulips coming into bud. I know that I've planted other bulbs but have to wait until they flower because I've forgotten what I planted last autumn! Is it just me or do others forget what they've planted?
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1478 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2018 :  16:07:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always forget, I have made notes, diagrams etc., I have also taken photo's of the bulb filled pots, nothing looks the same, until I realised some plonker had moved the pot's around without telling me.
Go to Top of Page

MKerchey05

879 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2018 :  12:34:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update on my poor daffs! They have had so much snow on them I've only seen the one pot the last few days! They are now all flattened! Some brave daffs have actually flowered, but because of their positions seem to be looking at the floor! My crocuses, minature irises and daffs have survived really well. Hope next winter and spring is kinder to the larger flowers.
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5195 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2018 :  20:17:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These poor flowers don't know where they are ,not us lol ,is there more snow focast ?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.