George Davies aka "Georgie Muscles"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dalex41

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2017 :  23:37:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heard sad news today that George has passed away. Sincere condolences to George's family. He was a lovely man and showman. RIP George.

Edited by - dalex41 on 15/12/2017 23:37:53

dwjames40

United Kingdom
109 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2017 :  10:50:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A legend, R.I.P. George
Go to Top of Page

MKerchey05

953 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2017 :  13:22:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sad news, condolences to his family. I remember him coming to Glanhowy school when we were children, we were so excited.
Go to Top of Page

lilly
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
690 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2017 :  18:29:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sad news indeed. R.I.P George
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1800 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2017 :  01:25:14 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The funeral of Samuel George 'Strang The Strong Man' Davies is on Wednesday 20th December, public service at St Mary's Church, Kidwelly at 12.00 noon, followed by interment at Kidwelly town cemetery.
Family flowers only, donations in lieu if so desired to Dementia U.K., c/o Mrs Audrey Maksoud, Spudders Bridge House, Trimsaran Road, Kidwelly, SA17 4EF.
Further enquiries to Wyn Bishop Funeral Directors 01269 842258.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1438 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2017 :  16:25:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have only Good memories of George,a genuinely nice guy, condolences to all his family. R. I. P. George.
Go to Top of Page

Del Andrews

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2017 :  21:18:09 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RIP George,Good memories of you at the scouts hut
in Dukestown (1953/5) when we all whent weight lifting and around the valleys/towns with your shows,Geat times.
Del Andrews (Sirhowy/Cardiff (Retired Butcher)
RIP
Go to Top of Page

dalex41

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2017 :  22:12:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes those were the days Delwyn when George was a frequent visitor to my Nans house in King Street Sirhowy to see my uncle Gordon Lewis and aunty Nancy and between them they ran the keep fit and weight training classes over in the scouts hut over in Scwrfa. I remember the time when Adrian Street the famous wrestler and strong man turned up one night at the scouts hut and challenged George to a contest of strength and we all sat down and watched in amazement as George beat him easily. Regards Don.

quote]Originally posted by Del Andrews

RIP George,Good memories of you at the scouts hut
in Dukestown (1953/5) when we all whent weight lifting and around the valleys/towns with your shows,Geat times.
Del Andrews (Sirhowy/Cardiff (Retired Butcher)
RIP
[/quote]

Edited by - dalex41 on 18/12/2017 22:13:56
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.