Page: of 3

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1478 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2018 :  00:58:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's that time of year, SIX NATIONS.
Wales V Scotland, on Saturday 3rd February, at the Principality Stadium,
at 2.15pm.
England V Wales, on Saturday 10th February, at 'Twickers' at 4.45pm.
Ireland V Wales, on Saturday, 24th February at Aviva Stadium at 2.15pm.
Wales V Italy, on Sunday, 11th March at Principality Stadium, at 3.30pm.
Wales V France on Saturday, 17th March at Principality Stadium at 5.00pm
COME ON WALES!.

keanjo

United Kingdom
1006 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2018 :  09:03:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brace yourselves. We could lose the first three but letís hope we have found a few good youngsters for the future.
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1478 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2018 :  01:46:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scotland and Wales have contested 122 rugby test matches since their first meeting in 1883. Wales have won 70 of these matches, Scotland have won 49. Between Scotland and Wales there have been three drawn matches.
Scotland ended a 10 year losing streak against Wales in the 2017 Championship with Scotland scoring 29 points, Wales 13, yet Scotland haven't won in Cardiff since 2002, let's hope this does not change in 2018.
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1478 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2018 :  02:03:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Welsh team consists mostly of players from the Scarlets, and with the way that they have played in Europe, hopefully Wales will win.
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1006 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2018 :  11:02:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Wales girls team won by one point but they were better than that: the under 20s ,with a very young side , had a convincing win. Letís hope we can make it a hat trick this afternoon
Go to Top of Page

MKerchey05

879 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2018 :  15:12:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doing ok so far, fingers crossed!
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1478 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2018 :  21:36:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MKerchey, your fingers crossed certainly did the trick
Are your fingers available next Saturday at 4.45pm
Go to Top of Page

MKerchey05

879 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2018 :  12:39:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For Wales, always!
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1006 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2018 :  13:07:32 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MK. With Wales win or lose. Great performance yesterday and especially the new players in the team .The back row was tremendous . Halfpenny kicked like a metronome - dead centre every time,Looks better than predicted for the 6 nations.
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1478 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2018 :  16:16:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOO Leigh Halfpenny, those dimples
and I agree good performance yesterday.
Go to Top of Page

MKerchey05

879 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2018 :  12:35:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We thought that Leigh would have had man of the match for his performance.
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1478 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2018 :  17:34:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I thought Leigh would have been man of the match, it was good to see him back to his tip-top usual self, I was surprised when Aaron Shingler was announced.
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1478 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2018 :  20:17:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Warren Gatland announced that the team for Saturday's match against England is to be the same line up, the only change being, George North on the bench.
COME ON WALES.
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1478 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2018 :  16:14:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The recent comments from Eddie Jones, hope they fire the 'boys' up, that will wipe the smile off that 'silly Billy's' face.
Go to Top of Page

MKerchey05

879 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2018 :  15:58:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eddie is playing 'mind games' with our boys. Hope that we can wipe that silly grin off his face today! Fingers and toes crossed! :o)
Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1207 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2018 :  16:27:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it showed that Jones was somewhat worried.
I read elsewhere that this will essentially be Gats teamtalk before the game.
Only 30 mins to go. Wish them luck.
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1478 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2018 :  02:17:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the TMO should have beat a hasty retreat at the end of the
match, (he was the one wearing a blindfold).
As for Eddie Jones I am going to cast a spell on him, to make him change colour, brown like a toad, or orange just like he has been Tangoed silly man.
Missed Leigh Halfpenny
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1006 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2018 :  08:48:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wales were the better team for three quarters of the match but unfortunately they let in the sucker try in the beginning which showed up the inexperience of our back 3. George North looked good when he came on and I think he should have appeared earlier in th game.Back row was great -Sihingler had a very good game and Navidi was everywhere - should have been awarded the man of the match. Some very promising young players have emerged .By the way Wales really won 13- 12
Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1207 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2018 :  11:22:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The ref was the one sponsored by Specsavers.
All the English commentators said it was a try plus noted referee Kaplan.
How could that happen?
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

173 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2018 :  14:48:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Milkman how gutting was that it makes me think that England can do no wrong as usual l donít think Eddie Jones did himself any favours in my opinion itís bad sportsmanship to make the comments he makes before a match .Lets hope they come up against a team that beats them and the 4th official puts his glasses on

Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1006 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2018 :  21:44:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
World Rugby have now ruled that Anscombe scored and as it would probably have been converted , Wales would have won .England should acknowledge the fact publicly.and the Tmo should apologise for ruining this years competition .

Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1478 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2018 :  01:23:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that it has been proved that Wales in fact scored the try, I think 'they' should at least award points that are equivalent to a draw, the same amount that were awarded to England. I know this is not possible as the decision was final, which is silly what is the point of having a TMO if it is not used correctly. In the Olympic games if a gold medal winner is later found that they took a banned drug they are stripped of their medal.
I agree keanjo this has ruined the competition.
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Eddie Jones heard the news, but there again perhaps the silly man could not care less.
COME ON WALES.
Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1207 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2018 :  10:27:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is such a huge problem. I fancy that sweet nothing will be done since that is the easiest answer.
There are just two answers that would satisfy us-
Give equal points or
Play it again.
They cannot give us the game since even with a converted try we would be slightly behind England. (but one penalty, and we had several would have seen us win)
Let us hope it does not affect our confidence and flowing game against Ireland and France
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1006 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2018 :  10:48:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Milkman 7 + 6 =13 beats 12.
Go to Top of Page

le shark

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2018 :  12:11:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think i'm right in saying that we got a penalty after that incident so gained 3 points. therefore even if the try and conversion were successful we still wouldn't have won. But still an awful decision by someone who had plenty of time and lots of camera angles to look at.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1231 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2018 :  12:19:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are correct Le shark, I had the same thoughts as Milkman, but I watched the match with my know all eldest son and unfortunately he he put me right, the penalty came after the said try.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.95 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.