New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

dalex41

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2018 :  13:38:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When we were attacking the English try line Brown deliberately knocked the ball from our scrum half's hands from an offside position at a maul preventing a potential try and conversion being scored. Rightly so the TMO and Referee spotted the infringement but only awarded a penalty but this blatant infringement usually warrants a yellow card as well.Not only did England get away with only 3 points against them instead of a potential 7 who knows how they would have coped with only 14 players at a time when Wales were exerting tremendous pressure on them ? Still the clock can't be turned back now and the final result stands but what World Rugby ought to do now is ensure the TMO and Referee never ever again officiate an International rugby match. Rant ended.
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1044 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2018 :  16:40:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I stand rebuked rebuffed and incorrect but 7 points at that stage could have spurred the players on to win the gameAnyway ,as Uncle Eddie said ,the result is recorded and we have to move on .
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1535 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2018 :  20:55:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you think we need to cross fingers and toes for luck for the Ireland V WALES game tomorrow?
Go to Top of Page

dalex41

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2018 :  22:19:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take Ireland's half backs out of the game and victory will be ours.
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

189 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2018 :  22:25:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thankfully we wonít have Wayne Barnes as the ref as he was in charge of tonightís match France v Ireland .Lets hope we donít get wrong decisions tomorrow #127944;
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1535 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2018 :  14:49:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

COME ON WALES.
Go to Top of Page

MKerchey05

893 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2018 :  16:02:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So near, so far, so sad! Better luck next time?
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1535 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2018 :  17:37:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you cross everything .

I am currently watching the Scotland V England game, Huw Jones is playing well, he is on fire,he should play for Wales, especially with the name HUW Jones.
Go to Top of Page

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

408 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2018 :  18:03:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best team won,but gutted #128532;
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

189 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2018 :  19:01:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iím Welsh through and through but so glad Scotland won today just a shame we couldnít make it
Go to Top of Page

MKerchey05

893 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2018 :  12:17:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even crossed the dogs paws! Just pleased to see that Scotland beat the England. One out of two ain't bad!
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1044 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2018 :  14:22:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wales were very unsettled by the referee's interpretations of the laws at breakdowns and everyone will have noticed they stopped competing in the tackle area in the fsecond half so that Ireland were getting the Lions ' share of the ball . There should be much more consistency in interpretation by test standard referees and that is something the World
rugby authority need to look at . Having said that Ireland deserved to win but a 3 point difference would have been a fairer reflection of the game .However god luck to Ireland for the rest of the champioship
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1535 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2018 :  00:29:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Wales can't win, let any other team win, as long as it's not England.
This have been the attitude for years, not just the Welsh but the Irish and Scottish have all the same opinion
So we must be right
I think I am starting to feel sorry for England
Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1225 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2018 :  21:45:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also am proud Welsh BUT, My g/g/father served in the Argyll and Sutherlands, I have ancestors from Herefs, others from Ireland plus , of course, from Wales.
Thus I only occasionally lose but I really have been unable to find any French or Italian connection
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1044 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2018 :  07:52:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many Tredegarites are mixed race . In the 19th century it was a boom town which expanded from a small hill farming area to a population of well over 20,000.People came from all over Britain notably from areas connected with iron making and mining such as Ironbridge ,Forest of Dean, Cornwall, Spain Many Irish people came across, the Italians of course and many others. Like Milkman I have a mixed heritage ,Apart from Wales ,Cornwall and Germany.Funny thing is the great majority of us are proud Welshmen and women.
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1535 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2018 :  13:17:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
keanjo, you say you are from mixed heritage, Wales, (country), Germany (country) Cornwall (from a country beginning with the letter E).
Go on, say it, your a tiny bit English, we won't hold it against you.
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1044 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2018 :  15:14:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be interesting if members of the forum would list their ancestries - see how many countries we could list between us. We could start with gwsw who obviously comes from Switcherland and is closely related to the gnomes of Zurich.
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1535 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  01:05:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
O.K. keanjo, as you asked I will make a start
I belong to a family of twelve siblings, I have a large family and I have to admit several of these have turned to the dark side and married foreigners, English. However there is a silver lining when they married they left our Land of our Fathers and went to reside in the foreign land of England.
I have researched my ancestry back to the 1600's, with one set of ancestors originating and residing in Abergavenny. Another branch originating from Tredegar.
Before I divulge any other details, can I ask you how you know my relative Zork who as you know is a Swiss banker.
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1535 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2018 :  16:50:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The team for the game on Sunday March 11th has been announced, there are ten changes, including the front row, is this a gamble
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1044 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2018 :  17:04:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wales cannot win the 6 nations so Gatling is using the remaining games to give his squad international experience in preparation for the World Cup .
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

189 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2018 :  18:40:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What will Eddie Jones have to say about todayís match well done to France And Ireland unfortunately we didnít win but hey so glad the English didnít make it
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1044 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2018 :  19:19:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Angel ,our game with Italy is being played tomorrow. Hopefully we will win that one. The England - France match was really tough and England will find Ireland difficult to beat , even at Twickenham.
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

189 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2018 :  19:41:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keanjo sorry I meant we couldnít win the triple crown or the championship but got a bit carried away when France won .i must add Iím not French just a mad welsh rugby fan (6nations) letís hope Wales have a good game tomorrow
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1535 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2018 :  15:45:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good result,
France V England.
If we had not been robbed, it would have meant England losing 3 times.

COME ON WALES.

Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1044 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2018 :  16:06:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lost the womenís match, defeated in the under 20s game. Hope we can win this one.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.8 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.