Peacehaven
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jacko

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2018 :  10:03:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, would really appreciate anyone with 4 wheel drive to drive around Peacehaven as we are totally stuck. Perhaps with some tracks we will be able to get out and do some shopping for the oap's .Thanks

tony
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
204 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2018 :  10:52:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try contacting your local councillor so they can get a plough or gritter down there. Places like Peacehaven should be a priority.
Go to Top of Page

jacko

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2018 :  12:34:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah you are right Tony but in the 8 yrs iv'e been down here i have never seen a plough or gritter coming around the site, we even asked for a sand box but was refused, so sadly i think it would be a waste of time phoning them.
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

189 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2018 :  12:39:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would just like to say Peacehaven is not the only area where there are OAP bungalows we live in an area where there are a lot of OAP bungalows since we have lived here we havenít see a snow plough or gritter and not even a grit box last lot of snow in Dec we were stranded for a week .In my opinion we should all be treated equally as we all pay our council tax.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1000 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2018 :  12:47:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you're right Angel there are quite a few vulnerable OAPs living on my street and we've not seen a snowplough yet, it would need to be a plough as a gritter wouldn't get through the drifts, where are all the snow clearing vehicles anyway? Anyone seen anything yet or are they on the HOTV? (or in Ebbw)
Go to Top of Page

jacko

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2018 :  13:00:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I beleive it would be a waste of time phoning the council that is why I asked if anyone with 4 wheel drive could get around then perhsps we could get out and get some supplies.
Go to Top of Page

Keith Marshall

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2018 :  13:26:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have contacted Keith Hayden twice recently and he hasnít even acknowledged my emails. Perhaps I was using the wrong address, has he resigned?
Go to Top of Page

uncle bob

United Kingdom
2427 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2018 :  15:24:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just had a small plough down here it's a little better now, but where do we want to go? was getting cabin fever
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

570 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2018 :  16:50:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you should see scrwfa. don't think the council know the place exists.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13469 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2018 :  19:43:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least we don't pay the most Council tax in Wales

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.