Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

chris98

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2018 :  18:43:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mobile shop opening in shopping centre the old Santander unit.

mrbigbeak
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2018 :  21:51:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news, :)
Go to Top of Page

Jw22d

47 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2018 :  22:53:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But THE ORIGINAL FACTORY SHOP to CLOSE. Confirmed by store manager as 99.9% certain final decision this Monday!
Go to Top of Page

Jw22d

47 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  14:05:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The centre has also altered in the last few years. The charity shop makes it look awful, loads of stuff outside outside other empty shops, plus the employees outside smoking all day. Very rarely go into this town now, awfully rough.
Go to Top of Page

chris98

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  22:55:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the flower beds are in a mess to, 5 yrs ago the shopping centre won blaena gwent in bloom for a few yrs also had a merit from wales in bloom
my hours have been cut to 20 hrs a week over 7 days just over 2 hrs a day blame the owners they wont spend money in the centre.

cm sanders
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13482 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2018 :  11:42:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris98

Mobile shop opening in shopping centre the old Santander unit.

Thank you Chris for the good news :o)

Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5224 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2018 :  23:08:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well the charity shop is always full with people buying ,great lot of girls working there always very helpful and pleasant ,at least they smoking outside the shop not inside ,as for the things outside ,great idea fetching people into the shop ,well done Michelle and team you are doing great xx

Go to Top of Page

Jw22d

47 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2018 :  14:33:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They may do a good job, which obviously is the point but when it comes to retail optics is everything. When the shopping centre looks this awful it is not desirable to any potential customers or potential companies to fill vacant units.
Go to Top of Page

chris98

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2018 :  17:28:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
half the empty units has water damage from the roof the owners wont repair I have been working in the shopping centre for apx 22 yrs nov last yr the owners cut my hours from 39 down to 20 hrs per week over 7 days.

cm sanders
Go to Top of Page

chris98

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2018 :  23:03:09 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jw22d
if u got complaints about the shopping centre speak to the owners I cant do a lot in 2 hrs to keep the centre clean as stated the owners wont spend any money on the centre.

cm sanders
Go to Top of Page

Jw22d

47 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2018 :  11:57:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris, I understand your position and am not in anyway criticising your work. I worked in a store in the centre at 16 which was years ago now, itís just sad to see it empty and run down. I remember being approx 10 years old and the centre was the better part of the town, now its the worst. And when I say rundown/scruffy I mean the facts that the YMCA has furniture trapping down past other units, and the employees are always outside smoking it looks disgusting and find myself avoiding the town centre altogether now, shame!
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

193 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2018 :  12:54:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iím sorry to agree with you Jw I worked for many years in the precinct and the flower beds and the area always looks good .I unstand Chris can only do so much when his hours have been cut .But I absolutely hate having to walk through an area where staff are gathered outside smoking not a good look .Surely the Town council could put pressure on the precinct owners to sort something out, otherwise Who is going to open any shops In there

Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1302 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2018 :  22:44:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris98, when I first read your post about a mobile shop coming to the shopping precinct, I was a little puzzled. My memories of a mobile shop, was when a large van was converted into a proper mobile shop, that went mainly to out of town areas that had few shops. There were several shopkeepers in Tredegar which operated them. Geoff Lewis,and Jack Powell who owned shops in Tredegar, also owned and operated very successful mobile shops. How times have changed!!
Go to Top of Page

Robbo318

48 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2018 :  18:14:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cant understand why the owners who only purchased this a few years ago, wont invest in the upkeep of the centre. I have envisions of it being demolished within 10 years.
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

193 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2018 :  21:37:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I walked through the shopping precinct this morning not looking very good the old Woolies is once again empty. I think the same as many others what is becoming of the once busy town .Very sad to see up
Go to Top of Page

Great White

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2018 :  21:57:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have heard that the precinct has been sold to the company who owns the small precinct in Blackwood
Go to Top of Page

chris98

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2018 :  20:54:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where did you get that info from plz

cm sanders
Go to Top of Page

Great White

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2018 :  22:40:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was told by a business owner with a direct interest
Go to Top of Page

Jw22d

47 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2018 :  21:30:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Knock it down now! Awful
Go to Top of Page

chris98

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2018 :  21:42:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny if the centre had been sold why have i not been told as im the caretaker of the centre.

cm sanders
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2457 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2018 :  09:42:32 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As usual the workers are the last to know ?..
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13482 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2018 :  18:22:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The workers are always the last to know unfortunately....

Go to Top of Page

chris98

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2018 :  22:01:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont think the owners know the centre has been sold

cm sanders
Go to Top of Page

chris98

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2018 :  14:53:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the shopping centre has not been sold to the owners from the precent in blackwood.

cm sanders
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2457 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2018 :  09:32:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pity,the centre could do with some investment and fresh ideas that may have come from new owners.
Go to Top of Page

chris98

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2018 :  10:37:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as far as I know the centre must be up for sale I spoke to the owners a few weeks ago but would not say nothing.

cm sanders
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.78 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.