New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

indarkistplumstead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2019 :  13:17:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello have ever thought about the way that you butter your bread/toast could be related to your current or past employment, I butter my toast like john wayne very macho in thick creamy layers but use to repair desks and used a contact adhesive to lay in a bit of wood to bring about a repair I hasten to add how we do this is all perfectly normal.

butch

United Kingdom
1488 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2019 :  13:45:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As the saying goes, horses for courses. If money is short, you spread your margarine very thin. If your on a diet, and can afford best butter, you spread that very thinly also. So in a nutshell, you just can't win.
Go to Top of Page

indarkistplumstead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2019 :  08:30:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so butch, would I be correct in thinking that you are employed as accountant or was, the money side of what you pay for your favorite spread does not interest me more of how it you apply is it job related hence the title of this.
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86

67 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2019 :  12:41:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I spread very messy with no attention, as long as the ham or cheese stick. Can't be bothered to spend too much time on it. How's this related to my job? I work quick, messy and I don't pay attention to what occupation it is, as long as at the end of the month money is on account :D.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1488 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2019 :  17:41:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was a master butcher, so every animal that I had to slaughter, and prepare into the many different cuts of meat for sale, had to be done to perfection. Therefore no waste was created. I did this for over 44yrs @ 12 hours a day, six days a week. So in nutshell, I butter my toast to perfection.
Go to Top of Page

rhyd boy

New Zealand
140 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2019 :  20:16:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said Butch, having parents who lived through general strikes, the depression years, 2 world wars and rationing, I was brought up to hate waste especially of food. I consider this to have more of an influence upon how we butter our bread than our occupation.
quote:
Originally posted by butch

I was a master butcher, so every animal that I had to slaughter, and prepare into the many different cuts of meat for sale, had to be done to perfection. Therefore no waste was created. I did this for over 44yrs @ 12 hours a day, six days a week. So in nutshell, I butter my toast to perfection.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.