injuries from dog leads
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

billbaily
Advanced Member

194 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2019 :  09:54:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting piece in the Daily Mail stating that thousands of dog owners are suffering serious hand injuries because they are holding the leads wrong (it shows you how to hold them correctly) One hospital treated 30 injuries in just one year. It might be worth your while checking this article out to prevent it happening to you and this is on ordinary leads. Also I cannot understand why some dogs are walked on extending leads next to busy roads, the dog could easily run into the road and cause a serious accident. The dog is not necessarily going to run on in a straight line on the pavement.

ddraig

United Kingdom
1221 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2019 :  10:32:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I walk a relative's large dog sometimes and I am guilty of wrapping the lead around my hand, luckily he doesn't pull or lunge so I've been OK.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7063837/Dog-owners-suffering-hand-injuries-theyre-holding-leads-wrong.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.