Page: of 2

lilly
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
771 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2020 :  10:45:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

This is a chance to show our gratitude for our NHS staff and all Carers
You can clap from your open windows or on your door steps if safe to do do

Please clap loudly at 8 o'clock tonightfor these wonderful people struggling to keep us well.

djholly
Advanced Member

653 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2020 :  11:52:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the world truly has gone.
Go to Top of Page

lilly
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
771 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2020 :  19:04:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry djholly, what do you mean?
Go to Top of Page

billbaily
Advanced Member

416 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2020 :  20:32:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a very moving show of support Tredegar gave tonight for the NHS staff and careworkers. Great community spirit shown!
Go to Top of Page

lilly
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
771 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2020 :  23:41:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes billbaily, wonderful to see so many people out clapping and cheering, very emotional. God bless them all
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

162 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2020 :  08:33:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My friend's girlfriend chemotherapy was postponed till further notice. Just wait when one of us will need treatment. I wonder how many will clap that time.
Go to Top of Page

billbaily
Advanced Member

416 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2020 :  09:36:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I admit it is very, very worrying when people have had, much awaited hospital visits cancelled. I know this first hand too. I clapped for the NHS last night to show how much we appreciate them, even before this dreadful virus came on the scene. I just pray that when this is finally over the government realises that WE DO NEED MORE HEALTH CARE STAFF and plough more money into the NHS and hold onto those professionals - because our lives depend on them!
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1388 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2020 :  10:42:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couldn't clap for long as someone was letting off fireworks, would have clapped for longer otherwise. I know a few people who have had appointments and surgery cancelled they still appreciate what the NHS staff are doing, It's the people that think this virus doesn't exist that are probably screwing it up for the rest of us and if they hadn't blatantly ignored given advice maybe these surgeries and appointments would still be viable.
Go to Top of Page

lilly
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
771 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2020 :  12:41:03 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband's surgery cancelled too. We have to accept the situation. Our NHS is doing it's best.
Yes ddraig you are right, people not taking this seriously will cause problems for us.
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

162 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  16:30:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
It's the people that think this virus doesn't exist that are probably screwing it up for the rest of us and if they hadn't blatantly ignored given advice maybe these surgeries and appointments would still be viable.

I carry on with my life as normal, ignoring all that nonsense. So far I'm fine and all people around me. I do not know nobody, who know somebody, that actually got this virus. So I do not even have a first hand information how bad this flu actually is. Once I know, you will be the first person I will report this to ;).
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1634 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  19:07:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seawolf86, you have just confirmed why we vulnerable people should isolate ourselves!! It is because selfish, ignorant people like you, could be a carrier of the virus, and unknowingly pass it on to others. When you first joined this forum, you stated that you were glad to have found a safe town to live, so please return the good people of Tredegar the courtesy by respecting our health, and goodwll. Please toe the line.
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

653 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  19:38:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
regardless if seawolf86 goes out every day butch, as long as you stand 6ft away from everyone you'll be safe according the government. but, should you choose to isolate yourself then doesn't matter what he does?
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

162 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  21:06:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't worry Butch. I'm not walking around Tredegar with no reason, sneezing at everybody. I go to work (cause bills will not pay themselves), visit my family and friends, that wish to see me, and at weekends I go to Breacon's wilderness with my family. So, as you see I'm still avoiding public places, but I will not lock myself at home and hope for the goodness.
Go to Top of Page

IAmNotANumber

138 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  21:39:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

[/quote]

I carry on with my life as normal, ignoring all that nonsense. So far I'm fine and all people around me. I do not know nobody, who know somebody, that actually got this virus. So I do not even have a first hand information how bad this flu actually is. Once I know, you will be the first person I will report this to ;).
[/quote]

Well I know one person who has had the virus and [barely] survived and another who has just contracted it and who works for the NHS, as do I so your attitude is disgusting quite frankly and I feel sorry for the people who will be infected as a result of your selfishness. I only hope the police catch you out without a reason and fine/imprison you.
Go to Top of Page

billbaily
Advanced Member

416 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  21:52:14 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did anyone see the BBC news this morning? A young nurse had just finished her 12 hour shift (one of many that week) and she was driving home when a car passing her collided with her car. The nurse followed the car as it was driving slowly. The other driver stopped and opened his door to her and told her that he thought he had corona virus he was sweating and was short of breath. Apparently he had been self isolating by himself, had not seen anyone, had not eaten for days and he was trying to drive to a shop to get food. The nurse stayed with him and later he was taken to hospital. For hours the nurse stayed at the hospital with him and he whispered to her that he had a son who he hadn't seen for years. The next morning the nurse was told that he hadn't survived. What kindness this nurse showed him in his last hours. A credit to the NHS!
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

653 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  21:52:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
enjoy your weekends seawolf86, hope the roads are quiet and you and family have a great time enjoying the beacons. lovely, but please take hand sanitizer with you just in case.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1388 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  22:12:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Butch and iamnotanumber well said, I am reading the posts from seawolf86 and djholly and really cannot fathom their way of thinking, they first of all seem to think this is "just" flu, people die every day, so what? Second they don't see why they should adhere to the rules as the rest of us have to especially if we have vulnerable family members or indeed are over personable age. I sincerely hope I or any of my family and friends don't come within half a mile of you (let alone two metres) and I also hope you are caught and fined for taking your family on jollies in the car seawolf86. You sound like you're following the David Icke book of rules,(yes he's crawled out of the woodwork again)
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

653 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  22:40:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so, the fact you cannot "fathom it" makes myself and seawol86 wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

360 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  23:07:09 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iím with you there butch most vulnerable people like myself and my husband and our daughter have to take these things seriously we have no choice as some people donít think they should abide by the guidelines.Lets hope the majority take the warnings seriously as I would love to be able to go out and carry on as normal but thatís not going to happen for a while.Stay safe everyone
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

360 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  23:17:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ddraig letís hope the majority of people agree with us .We have a.friend who works for the NHS who has had to isolate herself and her husband who also works for NHS all because some ignorant people thought they knew better.
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2329 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  23:46:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just want to point out that it was a virus - a boring one that didn't even have a fancy name - that was responsible for me developing a longterm illness that is now permanent - making me disabled and completing altering my life to what it was previously - had I been made aware that the virus I caught was going around and had the potential to be life changing and not in a good way- you bet your bottom dollar I would have taken the chance to avoid it as much as I could- so I am grabbing this opportunity to stay safe and hope that others do the same- for some people there is no such thing as "just a virus."
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1388 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2020 :  06:45:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never said you were wrong djholly but since you've brought it up yes, I think you're wrong. Seawolf86 thinks this virus doesn't exist and thinks he can carry on as normal and that the law of the land doesn't apply to him, he is also it seems an anti-vaxer and his attitude is that he doesn't give a flying fox about the rest of his countrymen.
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

162 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2020 :  07:37:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please don't make me a criminal. I follow the law. And current law do not say anything about locking myself at home. The current law is not forbidding me to go to work. I'm a manual labourer, can't work from home. And I'm allowed to go out for one exercise a day (walk) with members of the household. I guess isolated wilderness it's better than Tredegar Park i.e. Besides the law is not banning a drive to your exercise destination. As to visiting family and friends, public gatherings are forbidden. I visit them in their own homes. So as you see I comply with the law, but I'm not paranoid, as most of the society.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1388 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2020 :  11:31:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Officers were this afternoon given sweeping new powers to arrest people who go on 'non essential' journeys and ignore Boris Johnson's plea to 'stay at home' for the next three weeks.

Those who defy tough restrictions on movement could be hit with a £60 fine initially and £120 for a second offence reaching £1,000-plus for repeat offenders, the Home Office warned today.

I know for a fact that a friend who travelled a mile to the beach in the car had a police notice on it when he returned saying next time a fine!
Of course you can take a walk, just not use the car to get there.
quote:
You should not:

Visit friends in their home.

Meet family members who do not live in your home.

I'm not making you a criminal seawolf86 you're doing that all on your own
I also hope if you work with other people you don't have the same disregard for their safety as you have for family, friends and others

Edited by - ddraig on 29/03/2020 11:36:10
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

162 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2020 :  11:58:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is no legislation saying that you cannot drive to your exercise destination. This is Police acting unlawfully misusing their authority. More worrying than coronavirus is the country turning in to Police State and everybody is fine with it. Lets say, that my family, friends and lads I work with "have the same disregard for their safety".
Go to Top of Page

IAmNotANumber

138 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2020 :  16:15:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SeaWolf86

There is no legislation saying that you cannot drive to your exercise destination. This is Police acting unlawfully misusing their authority. More worrying than coronavirus is the country turning in to Police State and everybody is fine with it. Lets say, that my family, friends and lads I work with "have the same disregard for their safety".

Oh and once again! it is the police/government/society that is in the wrong and are abusing their positions - BY TRYING TO STOP SMALL-MINDED, SELF-RIGHTEOUS, CONSPIRACY MORONS LIKE YOU FROM KILLING PEOPLE!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.