Such hypocrisy.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

butch

United Kingdom
1726 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2020 :  22:28:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a shower of hypocrites we have supposedly running our country. When Mr Cummings, the most senior advisor to Boris Johnson, sees fit to break his own laws by travelling 250 miles to visit his parents, to leave his son with them, because he and his wife are both suffering with covid 19. If that's the case, the lad is probably carrying the virus, therefore there's a strong possibility that his grandparents will catch it. What a farce. It smacks of serious double standards to me. Typical old Tories, don't do as I do, do as I tell you. I think they have opened the flood gates for all and sundry. We will see how many of us lesser folk will get penalised for doing the same thing.

djholly
Advanced Member

723 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2020 :  22:42:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
or, he know's there is no virus and didn't see any problem with travelling. have you tried travelling?, how many times are you pulled over to explain your'e reasons?. he was probably followed by a freelance journo who sold the story to whoever.
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1274 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2020 :  10:09:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Must say ,Boris seemed to catch and cure the virus in record time. We’re all in this together,
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1505 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2020 :  11:05:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I totally agree Butch, what a shower, putting other peoples lives at risk, he should definitely resign or be sacked, there shouldn't be different rules for some and not others, as for there being no virus, well that's an insult to all the NHS and frontline people who are working their socks off.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1505 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2020 :  11:52:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://newsthump.com/2020/05/24/government-reveals-new-line-of-masks-to-allow-wearers-to-travel-freely-during-lockdown/
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

381 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2020 :  13:19:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree a complete insult to all those who have the virus as we know it doesn’t effect everyone the same way.Also how insulting to the NHS.What is going on when you have the most senior person after Boris thought it was ok to go to his parents.I personally think he should go immediately
Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1457 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2020 :  15:03:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I completely agree with Butch and others except- It also has been done by the senior health officer in Scotland and the senior medic on SAGE.
They seem to think they are all powerful or indispensable.
You cannot really believe that they could think its OK.
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

381 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2020 :  17:34:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Think Boris is out of his depth in the briefing at the moment
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2560 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2020 :  17:49:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To me it shows just incompetent Boris is, it’s as if Cummins is indispensable and Boris is incapable of making a decision without out him.
Boris has mishandled this Covid 19 from the onset hopefully one day he will be held to account.
Does this mean that we can all travel where and when we want to?
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1726 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2020 :  20:05:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Tory party have closed ranks to save a lying hypocrite. I don't know who biggest liar is, I think they are both tarred with the same brush, and they are both going to pay a very high price for their folly, if they think that right minded people are going to let them get away with it. There is no room for corruption in national or local government.
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1274 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2020 :  11:41:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Butch,they have survived hypocrisy and telling porkies for years .This is not different and they will emerge smelling of sweet violets.
Go to Top of Page

Nick

61 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2020 :  14:38:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We must not be hypocrites Stephen Kinnock should fall on is sword as every politican who broke lockdown
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1726 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2020 :  17:07:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Stephen Kinnock did take food to his mother and father, and yes he distanced himself, and no he did not have the virus. It was a one off, for which he immediately apologised for. But he did not only drive to London to see his parents, he also has a parliamentary flat there to which he was attending as an M. P. In my humble opinion, a totally different set of circumstances. Stephen Kinnock is an elected member of parliament, unlike Mr. Cummings who could not gain a seat, and Boris thinks the sun shines from his backside and cannot function without him. God help us.
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

723 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2020 :  17:26:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bless him, his mam and dad are not living in a one bed flat on a council estate. baron kinnock and baroness kinnock are multi millionaires with the ability to shop for themselves. they have aides and personal assistants living with or not who do this sort of thing. yes stephen kinnock is sorry. not sorry for going out but sorry that someone recognised him/ photographed him and he got caught. (it's all nonsense anyway).
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1505 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2020 :  09:58:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The new coronavirus rules for us and them explained (courtesy of Daily Mash)
quote:
Family visits

Us: Two families will be allowed to visit but with no hugs or handshakes.

Them: If you’re a politician or spad, invite your entire posh family of 50 people to the family mansion and get ready to PAAARTAY! Hugs and kisses with your siblings Anastasia, ‘Boffo’ and Octavius are fine because you have good genes.

Shops

Us: Most will reopen but with so many plastic shields in place you’ll feel like you’re in a futuristic sci-fi prison.

Them: Just get Fortnum & Mason to deliver.

Track and trace

Us: If alerted by NHS Track and Trace you will be compelled to isolate for 14 days.

Them: If your liberty is threatened, the traditional honorable approach of the ruling class is to do a runner, like Lord Lucan. Hotfoot it to a friend’s isolated cottage or just have an extra Caribbean holiday this year. When you’re later asked why you did this, say your phone was turned off. For three weeks.

Pubs and restaurants

Us: These will open but with irksome and ineffective social distancing measures in place.

Them: Not really a problem. The exclusive clubs you attend are quite spacious anyway, and it’s not as if you’re a regular at grimy proletarian hellholes like Pizza Express.

Getting your hair cut

Us: You can get your hair done, but since hairdressing makes social distancing virtually impossible you may as well cut out the middleman and go straight to A&E.

Them: Coronavirus is for the little people, so just get your hair cut as normal. If a hairdresser suggests you observe basic social distancing, get one of your mates to write a furious column about it in the Telegraph entitled ‘This hairdressing madness has got to stop’.

Edited by - ddraig on 28/05/2020 09:59:07
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.