Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

butch

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2021 :  22:27:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen the playing field in Parkville today. At 10am this morning, some mindless idiot decided the beautiful green playing field could do with a make over. So decided to take a 4x4 and rip up the entire field, until it looks like a mud bath, rendering it totally unusable. I fail comprehend the mindset of people that are capable of such things, therefore depriving decent folk out of a once lovely area. Its a pity the birch was abolished.

hawkeye
Advanced Member

319 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2021 :  22:53:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw it this afternoon when going for a walk. Iíve never ever seen the field like this. Did anyone get the registration or film it?
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2021 :  23:27:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Hawkeye, yes apparently several residents got the number plate and phoned the police. One resident put a video on Facebook, but it was for some reason taken down.
Go to Top of Page

hawkeye
Advanced Member

319 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2021 :  23:54:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Letís hope that someone is brought to task over this. Iím not a Facebook user but wondered if it was taken down because of pending enquiries?
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1106 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2021 :  09:33:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Piece in South Wales Argus - apparently ruined pitches in New Tredegar as well

Perhaps the police could be doing more spot checks on vehicles if we have people driving in this strange manner on our roads

Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1669 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2021 :  11:47:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw this yesterday, don't know if it's the same one
https://www.facebook.com/568073430/videos/pcb.10159154550233431/10159154548548431
Go to Top of Page

Fluffer

37 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2021 :  13:30:14 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They have done the same around Cefn Golau pond.
Go to Top of Page

aviator

19 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2021 :  16:57:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/19096843.vehicle-seized-police-ruining-football-pitches-caerphilly-borough/
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

435 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2021 :  10:03:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iv only just seen the pictures online what a mess letís hope someone will be held responsible.It just shows not a lot of respect in some people .
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2021 :  11:17:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Angel, these people have no respect for people or property. However much money or time spent trying to keep Tredegar a pleasant place to live, we have to put up with the idiots who are hell bent on ruining it. The motor bikes, quads, and 4x4 owners are riding roughshod on the mountains, in the town's, there's not a roundabout or grassy area that hasn't been wrecked, and it seems they are getting away with it.
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1106 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2021 :  11:56:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The street roads leading up to St.James reservoir are plagued with motorbikes and quads especially on the weekends. Not a safe place to walk up to the reservoir either especially if you have children or dogs with you. They always appear to be in such a rush to get up there too. Are there any designated areas for such activities?
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

435 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2021 :  15:48:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
butch I think we must be of the same generation I donít know what the person that did this generation was but thankfully .when I was younger my dad was strict it didnít do me any harm and I certainly know right from wrong ,which I instilled n my children .Now Iím not for one minute suggesting this disgusting mess was made by a teenager but I donít think it would have been someone from our age group.I often sit and think if I had my life over I could do this or that (being fitter)But I honestly think when I look back Iv never caused stress or intentionally caused hurt anyone so I just hope this person is brought to answer for what they have done .Still there is in my mind not enough punishment in today time and No Respect
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13844 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2021 :  21:05:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No respect for other people. I always see motorbikes with no number plates driving around the place like they owned the place. No insurance so if they hit you then your in trouble.

Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1669 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2021 :  11:53:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was kept awake last night by a car(s) tearing up Park Hill and beyond, this went on until around three this morning, probably too wet for the police to come out, a few weeks ago a car went across the street and the (allegedly drunk on drugs or both) driver hit three cars, the police (when they eventually turned up) seemed more concerned about people social distancing (which they were) than anything else, makes you wonder about the contribution to the police that we pay.
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1106 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2021 :  14:40:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I think the majority of law abiding, decent residents have had enough, we definitely need better policing of our town. It makes you wonder how many people are regularly drink & drug driving around here. Bring on regular stop and searches that might help keep our roads & town safer.
Go to Top of Page

Great White

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2021 :  17:57:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marcella had the right idea the other evening on how to deal with scumbags like these. For those who didn't see the episode it involved genitals and a fully charged electric cattle prod.
Go to Top of Page

tony
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2021 :  11:13:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Three sheets of glass are also smashed in the bus stop by Lidle.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2021 :  18:22:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw them today, its disgusting the amount of mindless damage that is being done. And the thing is, the idiots that do it, are the same people, when they get older complain about the state of the town.
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1106 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2021 :  19:07:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Shape up or ship out
Go to Top of Page

tomvc90

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2021 :  20:28:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have the perpetrators of this mindless been apprehended yet?
Go to Top of Page

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

655 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  20:54:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These idiots in quads been tearing up the green areas of Tredegar again today .....Why are they getting away with it.I think itís the same ones every time...
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5356 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  21:58:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They were speeding through town on their quads the other day

Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2021 :  23:16:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The bus shelters outside Lisle were set on fire this evening, around 8pm the idiots were caught on camera by a passer by. I hope they are recognised by some distinctive clothing that was worn. WHY do these people think it ok to wreck the town in which they live? It must be beyond any normal persons mindset. It's been going on far too long now, the law should come down hard on these clowns. I think the people of Tredegar deserve better law enforcement than we are getting at the moment.
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1106 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2021 :  09:13:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Totally agree we need more visible police presence on our streets. It wouldn't go amiss to have more (in use) cctv on various street corners either. It would go a long way to help monitor problem areas. I know that many houses/shops/businesses now have cameras in operation maybe police could ask if they have recorded anything that would be of interest to them. I would be wanting to find out when they are caught as to why they felt the need to do these things, to destroy things isn't normal is it?
Go to Top of Page

WelshWitch

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2021 :  10:13:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems that the only option is an ASBO. Parents donít seem to be held legally responsible for their kids these days, neither does it seem that they can be ďnamed and shamed ď.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2021 :  12:00:03 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have known for years, that the law is an ass, but I think now that it really is absurd. It seems that protecting the criminals is more important than looking after the neighbourhood, and the taxpayers.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.