Persciption charges in wales
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Blobby

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  17:28:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Taken fron the Welsh gove web site Charges for 2019 to 2020 594,000,000. What coule NHS wales do with that.https://gov.wales/sites/default/files/statistics-and-research/2020-09/prescriptions-wales-april-2019-march-2020-610.pdf

ddraig

United Kingdom
1663 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  12:22:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even if there were charges a lot of people would still get free prescriptions, over '60s, children, those that are exempt, etc, so the NHS wouldn't get the full 594,000,000, then there would be administrative costs to take out too. I do think that if a medicine can be bought over the counter then it should be charged for (or they could be told to buy it at a pharmacy) I waited in a long queue at the surgery last year and the lady in front of me was waiting for a script for paracetamol.
Go to Top of Page

Blobby

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  12:32:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Totally agree. too much money is wasted on products that are cheep enough in shops.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13844 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  20:21:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blobby

Totally agree. too much money is wasted on products that are cheep enough in shops.

I never worked out why they restricted giving things like aspirin on prescription.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.