Town Clock.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

butch

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2021 :  16:26:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judging by the artistic scaffolding that is being erected around our town clock, it's in for some serious refurbishment. I wonder if it's going to be the same colour!!. Any guesses folks?.

ddraig

United Kingdom
1669 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2021 :  16:55:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They could paint it to match the Queen's ballroom (can't remember what it's called now)
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2021 :  18:09:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please, don't make me swear Ddraig.
Go to Top of Page

nutandboltdarlo

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2021 :  20:15:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps someoneís seen my pics that Pierre has added to the photos forum and decided to go back to 1960s blue.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13844 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2021 :  21:27:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I liked the blue in the 60's/70's photo's

The blue on the queen's, as Butch said, don't get us started :+)

Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2021 :  09:13:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nutsandboltdario, yes, they are great photos, and it was a good colour, but I think the colour it is now, makes it look more classy, and less prone to the fumes and pollution of today's heavy traffic.
As a matter of interest, what is the tall object to the right hand side of the clock, in the top photo?.
Go to Top of Page

Gareth
Advanced Member

663 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2021 :  12:26:09 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It's time for Tredegar to show some individualism - I vote for an outstanding colour which is little appreciated !!! PUCE !!!

Go to Top of Page

nutandboltdarlo

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2021 :  14:36:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to confess, Butch, I have no idea. It looks like some kind of road sign, but for what purpose I donít know. However, looking at other clock photos, the colourised picture (that started the other thread off) taken from the top of Morgan Street has a similar mystery object in the bottom right corner, diagonally opposite to the Cambrian, where I took my photo. Somebody will solve the mystery Iím sure.
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

238 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2021 :  16:18:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The blue from 60'/70' was nice and current red/yellow is nice too. I don't mind as long as it doesn't push any political agenda.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.