Davies family history
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Suzy

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2021 :  19:57:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,I am researching my family history in Tredegar and am trying to find any information about my Davies family.Its quite a long shot,as it is a longway back.My Great Grand father was Thomas Davies born in Tredegar circa 1836/7.All I have managed to find out so far is that his Father was David Davies,and they lived at 34 Queen St Tredegar.My Great Grandfather Thomas seems to have been brought up from the age of around 14 by a family by the name of William and Anne Hughes who lived next door to the Davies family on Queen St.Iam trying to understand the connection between the Hughes and the Davies family's,were they neighbours or related in some way.Thomas became a Curate in several places in the Rhonda,Married ( can't find his wife) and had two daughters,Mary and Annie,born in 1865and 1869 .By 1871 Thomas was a widower,and in 1873 he married his second wife,Amelia Patrick of New Quay Ceridigian My Grandfather was their first Child born in Tafarnaull Bach.If anyone has any information that would be great,many thanks Suzy.

SM Gasiorek

Daivon R

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2021 :  12:58:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Suzy L have a Thomas Davies in my family tree born circa 1842 Tredegar married to Elizabeth Williams issue two daughters and one son l have a large Davies family tree here if you think it,s the same Davies family l will send you a copy it goes back to pre 1789 William Davies farmer LLanafon Fechan Breconshire it,s my fathers mothers family line regards David Evans
Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1605 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2021 :  17:41:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
G/father was born in Tafarnaubach (sic)
This village is just north of Tredegar and is very much in being
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.