Off road bikers in our town
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WelshWitch

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2021 :  08:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On Saturday night, after 1030pm a couple of guys roared down the road on motorcycles. They turned into the pedestrian lane leading back to my home, dumped one of the motorcycles, poured petrol over it and set it on fire. Presumably the one riding the bike they wanted to dump, got onto the back of his mates bike and drove off.

One of our neighbours heard the noise of the bike igniting, saw the large fire and promptly called the fire brigade and police. The fire brigade turned up almost immediately and put out the blaze. Great job guys…

With the hot weather we’re having, I feel it’s only a matter of time before grass fires are rife.

It’s becoming more and more like The Wild West in our town.

nineteenten
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
264 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2021 :  10:56:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But who cares.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1695 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2021 :  15:22:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I care and so do a lot of local people, the problem is what can anyone do about it, yes, you can report it to the police, unfortunately, most times the perpetrators are long gone before they get there, there are barriers going up on the mountain roads to try and stop off-road jeeps/cars which is great, pity they won't stop the bikes
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1264 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2021 :  08:45:32 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Makes you wonder if perhaps that bike that was set alight was a stolen one or one that would be easily recognised. It seems odd to set it alight when they seem to be so popular. Not that keen on those electric scooters that were on the television the other day, think there’s going to be a lot of safety issues arising from both pedestrians and vehicles. I can’t see how they are safe to use with all the traffic that are on the roads today. Are they going to end up riding on pavements instead. How old do you have to be to ride one of these and do you have to wear safety gear because if you had an accident I dread to think what life changing injuries you’d have.
Go to Top of Page

nineteenten
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
264 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2021 :  08:35:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen them ride back and fore passing the police station to the motor bike unit on bridge street industrial site, also riding through Georgetown Bridge which should have bollards, instead the council put cigarette bins on lamp posts.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.