General Discussion - Tredegar
 What's happening to our Town ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

cupcake

5365 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2021 :  06:06:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's happening to our town ? It was like a ghost town yesterday and its so sad to see most shops shut and shutters down ,no atmosphere so sad

billbaily

1264 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2021 :  11:06:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It's not just our Tredegar - shops and businesses are really struggling UK wide.
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5365 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2021 :  05:28:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by billbaily

It's not just our Tredegar - shops and businesses are really struggling UK wide.

You are right its everywhere ,Merthyr and Bargoed are the same they all use to be such lovely places to go

Go to Top of Page

Snowy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
532 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2021 :  09:38:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Before Covid, I felt our town was picking up nicely, I counted 12 shops closed in the Precinct alone last week.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13888 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2021 :  21:16:09 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do fear for shops in all towns.
Has the Council got a plan, very little hope of that!

Go to Top of Page

Cae

2405 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2021 :  12:16:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thought this worth mentioning -as Pierre points out sadly it is also happening in other areas - as an example where my boyfriend lives they have now seen the demise of several small shops and added to that is the deliberate removal of parking spaces in the high street. I fear many towns will be seeing more of this as it's to discourage traffic / car use. His area have a social media page too and there was an incredible difference of opinion where people were enthusing about the lack of parking alongside shops- it would encourage people to get out and walk! This was met with queries about the disabled and elderly who couldn't possibly walk the distance. The enthusiastic walking brigade said "oh I hadn't thought of that." I mention it as I think we've only just begun to see the damage done by Covid restrictions - and more places will stop allowing parking where it's most needed in town high streets.
Go to Top of Page

Andy79

3 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2021 :  13:54:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My missus would love a shop in town, she has her own pet business, however we just don't think we could afford the rent, rates and to pay ourselves, there is no help for small business here, we run everything from the house, if things improve then maybe we could open up in town.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.