shopping centre
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chris98

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2021 :  12:06:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
poundstretcher is takeing over the old poundland store the lease will be signed on the 12th next week

cm sanders

Angel
Advanced Member

456 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2021 :  12:57:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Chris 98 It will be good to have an empty shop filled up again
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6216 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2021 :  19:16:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poundstretcher Coming Back To Tredegar, I Wonder If Anyone Will Get / Or Want Their Old Job Back

Edited by - fredd on 08/07/2021 19:22:10
Go to Top of Page

chris98

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2021 :  20:56:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
poundstrecher has not been in the centre before a poundland and a poundworld.

cm sanders
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

456 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2021 :  21:45:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A very long time ago there was a poundstrechers in the Main Street .Im not sure but I think it had an upstairs as well ?
Go to Top of Page

djholly

921 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2021 :  23:57:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Opposite old Lloyds bank or the old catapult building, 2 doors up from Tyrone's the butcher.
Go to Top of Page

Snowy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
535 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2021 :  09:40:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Chris for that positive post. Such good news for our town.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1695 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2021 :  10:49:14 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poundstretcher's was where Lesley stores used to be opposite the Midland bank next to Charles, broken up into units afterwards, good that another space being filled
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13891 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2021 :  15:19:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Chris, that's good news :-)

Go to Top of Page

chris98

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2021 :  17:48:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
shopfitters starting on wed on the new store

cm sanders
Go to Top of Page

Snowy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
535 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2021 :  16:41:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lubbly jubbly.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13891 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2021 :  18:44:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks a nice shop :o)

Go to Top of Page

Suzyesme

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2021 :  22:16:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shop looks lovely. Shame people have to take advantage
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1269 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2021 :  19:05:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Has anyone else been approached today by a male in the shopping precinct - asking for change to buy food?
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1269 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2021 :  10:24:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe someone in the know about what organisations are out there for vulnerable people could provide assistance for this young man.
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2618 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2021 :  14:44:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I may be a cinic but I always question in my mind is it food or drugs . If itís not food then one is helping to feed the habit,
I personally prefer to get them some food instead of giving them money.
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1377 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2021 :  15:10:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darole.I offered a sandwich to a beggar once . He threw it back at me with some choice language.
Go to Top of Page

Suzyesme

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2021 :  21:35:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a blonde guy begging for money in the Lidl car park last week and quite persistent. He was then seen injecting himself outside Lidl. So sad and the police canít do anything. I had my 5 year old granddaughter with me so hurried to my car. Not nice to see.
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1269 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2021 :  08:47:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Could well have been the same male from description - let this be an example of the depths drug use can take you too - very sad waste of one life. Hope for the guys sake he gets professional help change his life around for the better.
Go to Top of Page

nutandboltdarlo

United Kingdom
125 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2021 :  09:55:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe one of the local churches could put this individual in touch with Victory Outreach, which has residential centres in South Wales, or Teen Challenge (Llanelli, I think). These organisations have great success in getting people clean from addiction and giving them their lives back.
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1269 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2021 :  16:39:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Good advice from above post - for all those in need of help you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.61 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.