Genealogy
 Nevins family
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fairy

7 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2021 :  14:55:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi anyone got information on the Nevins family from tredegar. My father was William Harold nevins he lived in Southend building until 1948 his father was also William his mother died very young, when my father was only 6 and his sister 18 months old. Would be very grateful for any help.

milkman

United Kingdom
1624 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2021 :  10:49:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont know if this helps since there were several Nevins.
David Nevins with sister Dorothy lived in Shop Row in the 40s, 50s, 60s.
I think, but am not certain that David has left the fold. I should be able to confirm that.
(Shop Row is no longer there. Its name derives from the fact that the company shop was at the north end near the bridges.)
(I do have a Tech school pic of David which I know has appeared on the web site)
Go to Top of Page

Exbrompton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
251 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2021 :  11:09:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
William who drove the Lorry for the council was a great friend of my father-ini-law Horace Clark who lived next door to his brother in Shop Row
Go to Top of Page

Fairy

7 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2021 :  13:09:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David and Dorothy were my dad's cousins I think their father was Sam, not quiet sure as there were a lot of them all in tredegar 4 boys 3 girls. One was Polly who lived next door to pub in Sirhowy pubs been knocked down now.yes my grandfather did drive for council and his brother Sam also did, one day the lorry broke down so Sam lite a match to see if any petrol was in tank needless to say my grandfather went nuts as tank was full.Thanks for the info very much appreciated as have no contact with any of this side of family.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.