Scam
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Angel
Advanced Member

488 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2022 :  13:10:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just had another scam call supposedly from Amazon take care folks “”don’t they ever give up”

butch

United Kingdom
2012 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2022 :  20:37:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Angel. I've had a few missed calls on my mobile, would this be the scammers number? +44 7479688484. I have tried to identify it with no luck.
Go to Top of Page

Snowy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
565 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2022 :  09:21:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I keep having a scam call from DPD {delivery service)to say they want to deliver a parcel. A year ago I was expecting a parcel so proceeded to follow the instructions to get it re-delivered. they asked for £1 & asked for my bank details. I still can't believe how near I came to tapping them in, it was sheer luck that my husband stopped me. We then phoned the DPD depot who told us there was no parcel.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1740 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2022 :  10:51:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't had any scam calls for a while, saying that they usually come in batches one after the other. Butch, I found that number on a classified ad from 2021 someone called Josh from Treharris (so probably a scam or wrong number)
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
2012 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2022 :  14:00:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon Ddraig, problem solved, JOSH cleaned our windows this morning. He usually texts to say when he will be here. He has cleaned out windows for about five years. I do feel silly,
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

488 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2022 :  15:52:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry butch only just saw your reply I don’t think that was the. Number but can’t honestly say When it happens which it probably will I’ll try and remember to take it down. The only think is they seem to use different numbers
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2635 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2022 :  10:02:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a call yesterday to tell me that I had been involved in a car accident. So I very politely told the scammer to go forth and multiply.
Her response was ‘So what’
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.