Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

xtype
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
356 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2008 :  19:11:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that cow drop thing should be looked into it was not run properly that game should be drawn again,i looked on the net this afternoon and found some intresting things about running a public draw /raffle lottery etc, the rules for running a public raffle were not abided by i quiet sure of, first it should have been a ticket event, with the local authority who it was registered with. name and contact details, the name and contact details of the promotor, the name and contact details of the charity and its reg number,the date on the tickets for the draw, must be the date of the draw,(not weeks later when most people forgot about it) must be printed on the tickets, all unsold tickets must be given back to the promotor, and must be kept for inspection if needs be, dont forget this was no small prize by half this was a thousand pound prize,also were the shops that sold those numbers breaking the law?? maybe they were, the sheets that were on shop counters had no details other then the date of the draw what you could win and all proceeds after the prize were going to the mayors appeal, who by the way were the promotors of the game,it would have been fitting to have used a sheep to pull the wool over our eyes not a cow that turned into a horse, this should have been drawn again untill a winner was found, someone tell me how do you use unsold numbers in a raffle? i know it was for a good cause but lets do it proper, iv no dought in my mind that there were a few good causes that bought numbers, people that a 1000 this time of year would have ment a great deal to, bad show i think by all that was involved i hope you have a good think about this and put it right,
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2405 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2008 :  19:18:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those of us who aren't sure what you are referring to can you explain what this cow/horse dung thing was?

Memories are made of these.....
www.tredegar.co.uk/starlight
Go to Top of Page

xtype
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
356 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2008 :  19:25:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes it was a draw that was suposed to have taken place at the first carnival, people bought a number, then all the numbers sold were then to be put into a square, then a caw was to walt about the square and when it done a number2, the number it landed on would win the prize of one thousand pounds
Go to Top of Page

xtype
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
356 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2008 :  19:27:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry cow not a caw was to walk not walt lol

im tired
Go to Top of Page

elsa

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2008 :  21:08:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here's an interesting titbit for all querying the winner of the "sh*t" competition, the tickets for it were being sold by none other than a lady named Gwyneth who just happens to be the wife of the town mayor.
Go to Top of Page

xtype
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
356 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2008 :  21:45:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry elsa but there were no tickets that i know of just you were to add your name on a sheet of paper by the side of a number, or were there tickets being sold also? if there were then this is getting worse and worse, also i did not mention is that the horse was supposed to drop one on the number, now how long was this animal given to do this?(im not trying to make a joke of this) so it did not have one, so someone it seems decided that where it was grazing would do, then the spot it was grazing on was an unsold spot or number or whatever they were calling it, so they then decided to give all the moneys colected and the 1000 prize money to the mayors appeal
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2405 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2008 :  21:50:32 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok I'm confused now!

Go to Top of Page

xtype
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
356 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2008 :  21:56:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry i cant do it again id love to but i cant lol someone out there must know what im on about
Go to Top of Page

elsa

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2008 :  22:33:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
xtype
tickets/numbers/squares were being sold at 2 each not sure how exactly but trust me i will have full gen tomorrow and let you know
Go to Top of Page

xtype
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
356 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2008 :  22:38:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks elsa it willbe intresting to see how far this gets
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2008 :  09:48:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well he did put the prize back and had a re-draw didnt he??????? Mayor gate???? just like the rest of them only in anything for their own benefit cos you cant get even the simple things soughted by these people from the mayor to the councillors and whats even worse WE pay them every D** penny so yes lets do it let the revolution begin.
Go to Top of Page

chips

62 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2008 :  11:57:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought that "catapult" in town were one of the main organizers of the so called carnival....... there are 2 catapult workers on this site... where are they now, all gone quiet...... strange that.
Go to Top of Page

xtype
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
356 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2008 :  20:23:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kenneth sorry to say theres no word of a re-draw im in two minds of phoning the local papers in the morning to see if they can get them to put this right, but there again is it worth it,
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13890 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2008 :  22:14:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
xtype, if you think that a criminal office has occurred, I would report it to the police. If I had purchased tickets and I thought that the draw was unlawfully made, I would...(regardless of who raffle it was...)

Tredegar Police Station: 01495 723162
Go to Top of Page

sarand

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2008 :  19:36:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is just totally unbelievable stuff that i am reading here. is this the mayor john morgan that we are talking about who i am led to believe owns the catapult premises and rents it to them and are also involved in this what appears to be some sort of scam. tredegar town council is sickening!!
Go to Top of Page

gatekeeper

339 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2008 :  20:26:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mr Morgan, is also a director of the Tredegar Development Trust last time I looked at companies house.....

Think about that for a moment ..........

O there is a lot more then just that as well......
Go to Top of Page

xtype
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
356 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2008 :  11:46:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this matter has now been passed on to people who shold beable to o something about it im not saying who on here because for warned is for armed but what i will say is we seem to think its not only mr mayor but one or two others that are in on this, another thing which have crossed my mind is what if this thousand pounds was never ment to be paid out, just think what if that thousand pounds was the carrot on the stick, the thought of a grand is a sure fire way of getting people to fork out a few pounds
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13890 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2008 :  09:00:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People who stand as "a Councilor" do not receive any pay - and most of the time (like right now in the Sirhowy ward), the "Councilors" get in without any votes as well !

However, according to the audited accounts for 2007 for Tredegar Town Council, the total bill on salaries, PAYE & National Insurance comes in at 60,182.5 and thats almost half the "income" it received from the council tax payers of Tredegar.

They also spend (get ready for this one..) Over 11,000 on running an Office!

Full details of the 2007 accounts for Tredegar Town Council can be seen here

And we wonder why Tredegar Town council has not released the other years of audited accounts that we have requested for via the Freedom of Information Act!
Go to Top of Page

LilyLady

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2008 :  10:55:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xtype

thanks gatekeeper i had not seen that, but what i was told today was its on a sunday now because there had been some complaints from a trader in castle street that it was unfair because castle street had to be closed for an hour or two on the saturday,what i cant understand how one trader can do this, what was supposed to have happend was this person went to the council meeting on the matter and was elected spokesperson for all the shopkeepers in the town and got it shifted to a sunday,thing is, it seems that no shopkeeper wanted it on sunday,and this person has not been trading in tredegar for all that long.

I am that trader!!! But let me set the records straight and let you know EXACTLY what happened.

When the Clock celebrated its 150th Anniversary with a parade on the Saturday, the Council were advised by the Police to close the road from 7.30amon the morning of the parade, which was to take place at 12noon. This they duly did but DID NOT inform any of the traders in Castle Street that this was what was going to take place.

A letter was sent, signed by all the Traders in Castle Street complaining that we hadn't been informed.

As a result I was invited (as representative - although I hadn't volunteered) to attend a meeting at the Town Council offices which had been called by the Health and Safety Team from Blaenau Gwent Council. At that meeting I received an apology, on behalf of the Traders of Castle Street, from the Council, apologising for not informing the Traders of the road closure. I was also asked if I would represent the traders in further meetings regarding the Carnival.

After every meeting I reported back to the traders of Castle Street (and subsequently Commercial Street too) any information pertaining to the Carnival and how it would affect the traders.

When the Carnival on Bank Holiday Monday was postponed, it was suggested that it take place on the Sunday, that way there would be minimal disruption to traffic. I DID NOT SUGGEST THIS NOR WAS MY OPINION SOUGHT.

We have in fact been trading in the town now for a year and have been welcomed warmly by our neighbours.

LilyLady

Happiness is Petal Shaped
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2405 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2008 :  12:14:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds fair enough to me! Always good to hear the other side of the story!

Go to Top of Page

LilyLady

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2008 :  12:46:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Cae!!!

LilyLady

Go to Top of Page

sean

1117 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2008 :  12:48:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LilyLady

When the Clock celebrated its 150th Anniversary with a parade on the Saturday, the Council were advised by the Police to close the road from 7.30amon the morning of the parade, which was to take place at 12noon. This they duly did but DID NOT inform any of the traders in Castle Street that this was what was going to take place.

LilyLady

did TTC and the police just close the road, or did they apply for a temporary road closure permit from BG council?

did the carnival organisers do this as well?

regards

sean
Go to Top of Page

LilyLady

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2008 :  16:23:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as I am aware Sean, Blaenau Gwent CBC applied for a Temporary Road Closure for the 23rd August which was postponed until the 21st September. This was all done with the full knowledge and co-operation of Blaenau Gwent Council, Tredegar Town Council and the Police.

I understand that Castle Street was closed from such an early time on the Clock Anniversary because no one was trained in rolling road closures; which I believe, but please seek further confirmation from TTC, that will be rectified by training in the near future.

If you require any further information please contact either BGCBC or TTC.

Go to Top of Page

sean

1117 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2008 :  17:14:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i can't find any information on either council website about permitted road closures. given previous experience with the councils i'm not sure they'll give me any information.

i didn't see any official notices closing the road for the clock celebrations as i walked along castle street and commercial street, that day.

regards

sean
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13890 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2008 :  18:05:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi LillyLady,

Thanks for the input :o)

quote:
When the Carnival on Bank Holiday Monday was postponed, it was suggested that it take place on the Sunday, that way there would be minimal disruption to traffic. I DID NOT SUGGEST THIS NOR WAS MY OPINION SOUGHT.

Not sure if everybody seen the letter that Tredegar Council Council placed in the Gwent Gazette on the 18th September 2008, but please see below for a section of what they wrote that appeared in the letters page(Copyright with the Gwent Gazette).

It must be said mind, that communications from Tredegar Town council are historically, by their own pen, not good (www.tredegar.co.uk/ttc)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.