Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13890 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2008 :  20:30:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have been supplied with the reply from Tredegar Town Council by the recipient of the letter..

Go to Top of Page

Peregrine Honeydew

United Kingdom
1136 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2008 :  22:35:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
B45t4r0s eh!
As my old dad used to say "I'll B45t4r0s him when I see him".

As a side note the hard working soul spent yesterday in the company of Matthew Maynard, Tom Shanklin, Claire Summers and so on at the Esso Community Champion Awards down at City Hall, Cardiff. Nominated as part of a "Green Badge Guide" Team apparently, not sure if his team won. Didn't see a cow, not even on the (extensive) menu. Mind you with all the free drink that was there he probably had a Kebab in Caroline Street later anyway.
I wasn't there by the way, in work with a tuna sarnie was I, but my source is impeccable.
Go to Top of Page

morris1975

United Kingdom
1286 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2008 :  22:50:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Impeccable source eh. Was it HP by any chance

Edited by - morris1975 on 23/10/2008 22:51:18
Go to Top of Page

Peregrine Honeydew

United Kingdom
1136 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2008 :  08:47:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heinz Mayo'. To be honest I don't like HP with Tuna, however impeccable.

Go to Top of Page

xtype
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
356 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2008 :  18:10:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont think that reply is very well put together at all. it seems very unprofessional, under lining of words to make who ever put it together seem nasty it may put the craps up some little old lady but it would not scare me, but thats my veiw on it
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13890 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2008 :  18:26:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the letter below that the resident of Tredegar has sent in reply to the letter received by Tredegar Town Council..

Go to Top of Page

xtype
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
356 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  16:17:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just looking at this reply it seems funny how no one has comented on this,
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  13:23:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xtype

so who won it, who is this woman, i need to know so i can send begging letters.

Alice Wins The Daisy Drop

Source - WalesOnline

THE Tredegar Daisy Drop was eventually re-run on Sunday, November 2, and the competition was won by Alice Hancock of Vale Terrace, Tredegar.

Pensioner Mrs Hancock said that she had only bought the square to support the Mayor’s Appeal and never expected to win the £1,000.
She said this was the first time that she had won anything and was absolutely thrilled.
Mayor John Morgan said: “I am delighted to hand over the prize to such a lovely lady while at the same time boosting the Mayor’s Appeal.
“This week I attended a meeting of Valley Sands, the charity which was formed in Tredegar in 2006.
“Its aim is to help and support families and individuals who have been affected by stillborn neonatal death.
“It also promotes research into reducing the loss of lives. Seventeen babies die in the UK every day and Valley Sands have provided over 100 memory boxes in the Heads of the Valleys region to individuals and families who have lost babies this year.”

Go to Top of Page

xtype
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
356 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2008 :  20:02:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great to hear this

f jones
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13890 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2008 :  20:11:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Respect !
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2008 :  01:33:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
for the people of Tredegar!
Go to Top of Page

Terry
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
202 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2008 :  10:21:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another topic layed to rest lol, RIP

love a whiskey but must be BELLS,
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2008 :  21:55:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More will come Terry.

The article from The Gwent Gazette.

Copywrite remains with The Gazette.

Go to Top of Page

Brian

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  12:42:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After watching The Lord Mayors Parade in London on Saturday 8th November and thinking back to the Notting Hill Carnival and the Weston=Super-Mare Carnival where they all used floats, I asked the Clerk to Tredegar Town Council why these carnivals were allowed to use floats and was told that these events had special dispensation. Being in church at the Armistice Service I had no wish to argue but if Tredegar and other places are not allowed floats because of Health and Safety it raises the question of whether Health and Safety is the same in all parts of the country. If Health and Safety is so important there can be no such thing as dispensation
Go to Top of Page

sean

1117 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  21:54:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian

After watching The Lord Mayors Parade in London on Saturday 8th November and thinking back to the Notting Hill Carnival and the Weston=Super-Mare Carnival where they all used floats, I asked the Clerk to Tredegar Town Council why these carnivals were allowed to use floats and was told that these events had special dispensation. Being in church at the Armistice Service I had no wish to argue but if Tredegar and other places are not allowed floats because of Health and Safety it raises the question of whether Health and Safety is the same in all parts of the country. If Health and Safety is so important there can be no such thing as dispensation

yes, in the 70s the notting hill carnival used to have a special dispensation to have a riot. the notting hill town clerk being an elderly gent and the streets being rather crowded and full of the remnants of the carnival daisy drop, meant that it took until the evening for him to deliver the dispensation, so the police and local youths had to hang around waiting for most of the day, getting rather nasty sunburns.

regards

sean
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2008 :  15:40:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Health and safety executive,they should be called Health and SELECTIVE safety executive

Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13890 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2009 :  22:44:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So it's almost 1 year to the day since this classic bit of film (some say comedy) was taken. Doesn't time fly...

Go to Top of Page

gatekeeper

339 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2009 :  21:24:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lets get another four people so we can re stage the event. all we need is the bed to push and away we go.
Go to Top of Page

xtype
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
356 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2009 :  22:09:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and dont forget a cow or donkey or horse or something
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2009 :  22:13:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And the ex-mayor...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.88 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.