Street lights
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2008 :  16:02:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone please tell me why we are having new street lights put in on the way into town. What is wrong with the ones there now? is it that the councill need to spend money?

morris1975

United Kingdom
1286 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2008 :  16:24:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolute craziness Kenneth. Meanwhile Waundeg bathes in darkness.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2008 :  17:34:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats so right maybe if the councillor had, had the nerve to stay on the site we might have got an answer as to why this work is being done but sadly he dosent seem to be able to take the flack or all the questions, and some say we were being to hard on him.
All I think we want is for them to do what their paid to do, work for the people.
Go to Top of Page

Canuck

Canada
60 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2008 :  04:52:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe they're outdated and dangerous or maybe there's a power saving. But let's not ponder on the positive let's look for the most negative comments we can think of "the council needs to spend money", or maybe if we keep Waundeg dark they won't get as many yobs at night. I can't imagine why the Councillor left this forum, must just be a big baby.
Cheers,
Canuck
Go to Top of Page

Phantom

28 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2008 :  10:25:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
intresting view such a shame it will be lost in the big electronic world
Go to Top of Page

Yankee Doodle
Advanced Member

418 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2008 :  10:33:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There could be many reasons for them being replaced. Lets ask the.....oh, wait, we cant.
Go to Top of Page

oldcefnlad
Advanced Member

655 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2008 :  10:46:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thort you going to end that ....as you said in another post.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2008 :  11:04:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YD how many more times do you have to keep taking cheap shots maybe you should stand for councillor im sure you woud make such a good one.
Go to Top of Page

Canuck

Canada
60 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2008 :  03:20:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kenneth and Oldcefnlad you're right but the comment was a bit humorous.
Cheers,
Canuck
Go to Top of Page

Yankee Doodle
Advanced Member

418 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2008 :  15:54:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh bother...I wont joke anymore, sheesh.
Go to Top of Page

morris1975

United Kingdom
1286 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2008 :  16:08:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Silence is golden.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2008 :  16:42:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
May we please get back to the question?

Why are the lights being replaced? the ones there caant be that old.

I cannot see the need for new light or the expence of having new ones.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13893 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2008 :  16:51:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anybody phoned up the Council and asked ?
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2008 :  17:03:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now theres an idea Imust be having a snr moment or maybe a blonde moment hope its not anything worse than that. lol
Go to Top of Page

Yankee Doodle
Advanced Member

418 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2008 :  19:50:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't phoned to ask. But then again, its not bothering me.
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2008 :  19:52:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its not bothering most of the people BUT all the Tredegar people ARE paying for it I would guess.
Go to Top of Page

morris1975

United Kingdom
1286 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2008 :  20:03:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Replacing the the lights with new ones shouldn't "bother" anyone but decent people like Kenneth think that money could be better spent elsewhere.
Go to Top of Page

Yankee Doodle
Advanced Member

418 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2008 :  21:07:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cant see how we can determine that the money would be better spent elsewhere as the reason behind it hasn't been discovered.

We cannot assume that the council has 'spent money for the sake of it'. Until I see proof saying other wise, I will reserve judgement.
Go to Top of Page

Whitehouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2008 :  20:39:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are they replacing the lights because they have widened the footpath and the old posts are now in the footpath. So we have a new question why have they widened the footpath?
Go to Top of Page

Yankee Doodle
Advanced Member

418 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2008 :  23:29:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Possibly to make it so people can pass eachother with out someone having to step in the street?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.91 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.