New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

AaranTL

18 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  22:10:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know how much some forum members like to criticise the town but I would like to take this opportunity to praise how well the monwel works is coming along. Its looking wonderful. It really tidies up the area. I believe it is being turned into 2 and 3 bed roomed homes.
They are for rent.
The only problem is, what sort of people will be moving in.

Edited by - AaranTL on 01/11/2004 14:18:38

benjifer

54 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  22:15:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there something wrong with housing association residents?
Go to Top of Page

andy

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2004 :  10:32:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oi, i live in housing assocciation whats wrong with that?,in the area i live the houses are 160,000 so there is no way working class people can afford mortgages so housing assocciation is the next best thing,and anyway whether anyone has a mortgage or is a council tenent or housing assocciation does not mean that anyone is better or worse than anyone else.
Go to Top of Page

Cityboi

76 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2004 :  11:12:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Housing associations not only have strickter rental regulations than the council but unlike the council they uphold them ie you mess about you get chucked out.
Also well said Andy. I live in cardiff & people like Redrow homes want 157.000 for a one bedroom starter flat in the bay. Smaller terrace houses in average areas are at least 170k .I'm only to glad that I got on the property ladder at 21, sold my fist place & bought my present home 10 years ago. I live in the Lakeside area & if I wanted to buy this house now I couldn't afford it as it has increased by about 400% in value ( my salery hasn't ) Therefore many have to rent or live with the inlaws !! Tredegar may not be cardiff but you need about 65k for a half decent place there now.
Anyhow glad the area is looking up.

Edited by - Cityboi on 13/10/2004 14:26:59
Go to Top of Page

AaranTL

18 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2004 :  12:05:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You obviously havent been to Tredegar for a long time!!! There is no way you could buy A house in the area for 65k
Go to Top of Page

JBevan04

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2004 :  12:34:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I completely agree with aaran and wish to state that all people living on hosing association a slobs who can't get a proper job to pay for a house

Edited by - JBevan04 on 13/10/2004 12:35:23
Go to Top of Page

Cityboi

76 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2004 :  13:06:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in Tredegar quite frequently. What is more Morgan Knight Estate agency has a property in Glyn terrace for 65k, another in York st. for 59k & others in Walter street, Victoria terrace & Alexandra Terrace ranging from 54950 up to 69500. you can check them out. they may need some TLC or modernising but they are there. They do admittidly have far more expensive properties in the area on their books. Maybe you were talking just about the district of Tredegar where you live. Maybe you don't consider the terraces 'decent homes' If I were to do the same I'd be telling people that you couldn't buy a house in Cardiff for less than 595k, which would be a bit silly of me as I know you can purchase an ex-council house, completly 'done up' in the Ely area for 89950. Its in the older part of Ely(not in the middle of the dreaded estate) it has a well kept garden & the owner ,who is a clerk in my department, has spent a small fortune on the place. The only problem is that it has Ely in its address.

Edited by - pierre on 13/10/2004 16:16:40
Go to Top of Page

Cityboi

76 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2004 :  13:47:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear J Bevan,
by all people I take it that you include;
mentally & physically handicapped persons who through no fault of their own have been unable to buy their own homes due to disability limiting their income.
Elderly people in housing association sheltered housing...There because they are vunerable.
Families who work very hard but still can't afford their own home. This is because they are working hard looking after a sick or elderly relative which happens to cost a fair bit of cash. Benifits do not cover everything especially if you are a full time carer
People who are just starting off in life with nothing...not even a family because they have been raised in care.
Battered women who have had the courage to leave the family home, probably with the children & have moved out of the refuge centre into a more stable home environment such as a housing association flat.
These people are not slobs. From your posting however you appear to be an offensive,uniformed, narrow minded individual. Before sounding off again try reading some housing association literature or go into some of their web sites.look at the work they do, then pass judgement.

Edited by - Cityboi on 13/10/2004 13:57:47
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2004 :  15:58:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One lived in tredegar up till last year and when I bought my propety 4 years ago i paid 20,000 for it when I won the lottery I sold it for 70,000 and all i done in those years is pain the outside and redicorate. Please cityboi DO NOT ARGUE WITH MY GOOD FRIENDS AaranTL or Jbevan thank you very much

Tredegar's millionaire now moved away
Go to Top of Page

AaranTL

18 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2004 :  16:26:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cityboi i am proud to tell you that you totally contradicted yourself in your last 2 posts!!!!
I believe you said that "you can buy a decent house for 65k" i said no. You replied by saying that houses "start at 65k but need redecorating and modernising"
To my standards an old run down house isn't decent!!!!

Edited by - AaranTL on 13/10/2004 16:53:28
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2004 :  16:28:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said Aaran nice to talk to you again how long has it been since now I have moved to sunny Devon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2004 :  16:32:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
God how nice it is to be rich I don't have to live in a slum like some people do ah! Money ant university qualifications god what a life

Go to Top of Page

benjifer

54 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2004 :  17:28:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hellooooo???? Moderator, I believe you may have a few trolls defecating on your site...

Just my humble opinion...

Anyway Aaran, what kind of standards does a 14 year old have with regards to housing these days?

Edited by - benjifer on 13/10/2004 18:03:40
Go to Top of Page

Cityboi

76 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2004 :  20:57:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You actually stated that you COULD NOT buy a house in this area for 65k. I took this to mean of any discription if you meant modern new or totally refurbished you should have said so. Where contradiction is concerned I belive I said half decent which implies it is not perfect & may need some TLC. I am certain the inhabitance of the properties concerned will quite happy to hear your opinion of their homes.Perhaps you just don't being proved incorrect. Also to be "proud" to point out what you belive to be anothers failing implies an insecure & inmature possibly adolescent attitude.However I respect your right to hold this opinion, afterall we do live in a democratic society. By the way bulliver that means that I will argue with whomever I please.By the way I remember from school Mr Waldren ( the head of Elmwood in the 1970's ) saying that it was manners maketh man not money. These words have stayed with me all my life .Although I now live in a rather large house in a very upper middle class affluent area of Cardiff & have a second home in the town of sitges some 22 km south of Barcelonia. Although I live a life very removed from average Tredegar existance I will never forget or denigh where I come from . I thank God for what I have been given & that I was raised to respect others & to help those less fortunate than myself.
Of course if you wish to be snobby thats your perogative but remember no matter how high up the ladder you climb their is always someone on the rung above you capable of pooing all over you.
By the way benjifer was I included in your troll count

Edited by - Cityboi on 13/10/2004 21:04:15
Go to Top of Page

AaranTL

18 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2004 :  21:17:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Benjifer, do the research before you start debating over whether i have the right to an opinion. If you actually read my other posts you would find that i am 15.
What gives you the right to decide who gets an opinion or not? How dare you! In the society and country we live in today evrybody has the right to an opinion and if you dont like it i suggest you leave (Just my humble opinion.)

Troll was that aimed at me

Edited by - AaranTL on 13/10/2004 21:30:04
Go to Top of Page

AaranTL

18 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2004 :  21:28:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I appologise if i offeded anybody in my last few posts.
I have analysed what you said and have been to the website and am sorry. "Live and learn," it's all part of growing up.

What do you all think about the appearance of the monwel works
Go to Top of Page

Cityboi

76 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2004 :  22:47:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No problem where I am concerned

Edited by - Cityboi on 13/10/2004 23:24:50
Go to Top of Page

benjifer

54 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2004 :  07:39:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Citiboi? Really.... I was not referring to you. (as I am sure you knew any way).

Do you all know what a troll is? I can supply a link if needed. If you prefer you can do a google search and it will clear things up for you.

Oh dear Aaran, where did I say you had no right to an opinion? I was just curios, I am wounded at your assumption that I would be so offensive. I was interested, as I didn't really care about stuff like that when I was 15 (apologies for getting your age wrong). And before you think I am getting sarcastic I am not. I would be very clear about That lets be friends eh?

Also with regards to you being a troll Aaran, I would not respond to your posts if I believed you to be one.

And besides, I think that affordable housing is absolutely the way to go in a recovering town such as Tredegar. Good luck to the housing association. As a lifelong resident of 'the tip' I think it is a vast improvement, and fortunate that a developer saw the potential at long last.

kisses

Benji
Go to Top of Page

JBevan04

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2004 :  09:25:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
one question why is a person from the citi on a tredegar town website?

J.Bevan
Go to Top of Page

andy

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2004 :  09:45:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i thought this website was for tredegar residents new and old,does it make any difference whether people have moved away or not,like all people who were born and brought up in tredegar the old place still has a place in ones heart,oh and by the way i have just sold a propety in tredegar for 56,500,quite livable and ready to move into,so what citiboi has said is correct and i know live in southampton but tredegar still and always will be my home.
Go to Top of Page

JBevan04

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2004 :  09:50:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
listen i only came on here to post my opinion but all i get in return is abuse, i thought the people of my hometown would show more respect for fellow tredegar people

J.Bevan
Go to Top of Page

Cityboi

76 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2004 :  16:17:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My parents live in Tredegar, most of my maternal side of the family live in Tredegar & there are several generations of my family buried in the 3 graveyards in cefn ( including the Cholara cemetery..thats how long we have been there.) Just because I have moved away doesn't mean I wash my hands of my heritage. In the mean time I would like to say Mr ( or should that be master ?) Bevan that I respect your right to hold any opinion you like .However remember that you may not have to dig to far into your own family past to find something you do not like. Also remember that some decendents of the great Aneurin Bevan have ended up living in social housing within the town.Any connection to you ??
By the way benj thanx for not making me a troll ... mind you the way my council tax is going I'll probably end up living under a bridge
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2004 :  16:46:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope that benjifer wasnt calling me a troll that was my first post and i wanted to stay in touch with tredegar but know after certain members attitudes to free speech i want bother i thought britain was a democracy but hey i want bother any more so unless peoples attitudes change i want reply to any posts thank you and good bye
Go to Top of Page

benjifer

54 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2004 :  17:04:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
citiboi,

You are far too entertaining and interesting to be a troll sweetie.

But look at the reaction from some people? Do you think I touched a nerve? LOL

Benji
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2004 :  17:33:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some people just dont listen well this is my last post because of 2 certain members how are so far up each others A**e that it would take a very good doctor several hours to remove them both from each other so for the last time good bye

Edited by - n/a on 14/10/2004 17:46:11
Go to Top of Page

benjifer

54 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2004 :  17:56:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.26 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.