General Discussion - Tredegar
 My first visit back in 17yrs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karen

25 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  19:12:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday i managed to come back to visit after a long absence, i didnt get to do and see everything i wanted to as i only had half a day, but still i had a good time! I was surprised how much better the town looked from my last visit..i remember boarded up shops! The bus station was almost unreconizable what a differance.. I went to see the town clock and had my piccie took infront of it, i also found the Michael Foot plaque next door to where my mum lived as a little girl.
I stuck my head around the door of the Castle hotel, i had spent my honeymoon there somewhat almost 25 yrs ago,not an hotel anymore then?
I sat outside the Europa cafe and eyed up the wimberrie tart..lol
After a quick walk around the shops..and unable to find any welsh cakes i made my way up to Peny bont to see where i had spent many summer holidays at my gran and granpas house.The house itself was empty so i had a quick peek round the backstill looked pretty much the same, i managed to speak to a lady living opposite, she knew Brid and Vera Lewis (My granparents)and had a few mins chatting about them.
From there i went to see where i had lived as a baby, 25 waundeg..not sure id want to live there now!then a drive up past The Mount to Trefil...i didnt go to Dukes table or the fresh water spring i dont think id find it, its been so long!Nor did i get to pick Wimberries.from there i went up to Bryn bach park but only a quick look, but i saw enough to want to go back and maybe spend a few days in the caravan park. I spent the rest of my time with family catching up and talking of the past, although my brother and partner called in the Crown for a beer and got talking to someone who knew the family well! All in all it was an enjoyable day out and brought back alot of happy memories to me. Next time im going to make a week of it but i wont be leaving it so long!!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.