Genealogy
 Nash family
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mimacat

2 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  22:06:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,I'm trying to find info on my great grandfather Thomas Nash born about 1880 in Tredegar. I believe he was married to Beatrice Brown and they had 3 children, Gladys, my grandmother, another daughter Marion ? and also a boy I know nothing about at all. Although I've managed to trace the Nash family back further generations I'm stuck on this level! Any help gratefully received!

valll
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
728 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2008 :  00:20:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I found these births in Tredegar with father's name Nash and mothers name Brown. Some or all could be your's but you would have to get certs to prove them.

Births Jun 1905 (>99%)

Nash Gladys Bedwelty 11a 120 ( there are two other gladys Nash births but slightly earlier but you probably know her birthdate as she is your gran)

Births Dec 1911 (>99%)

Nash Marian V Brown Bedwelty 11a 277

Surname First name(s) Mother District Vol Page

Births Jun 1913 (>99%)

Nash Ivy Brown Bedwellty 11a 170

Births Dec 1915 (>99%)

Nash John E Brown Bedwellty 11a 265
Nash William Brown Bedwellty 11a 265

Births Sep 1926 (>99%)

Nash Nancy B Brown Bedwellty 11a 114

Although I found these births, I cannot find marriage but haven't had time to look at the full index. Good luck and good hunting.
Val

Go to Top of Page

mimacat

2 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2008 :  16:12:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Val,fantastic! I mentioned these names to my mum who vaguely remembered the name John Nash who died due to a mining accident ( I guess these weren't exactly rare )quite young - so definately something to get my teeth into.
Thanks tons for your help.
Go to Top of Page

valll
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
728 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2008 :  22:55:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mimacat,
Glad to help,makes a change from chasing mine !!lol
If you have someone killed in a mining accident, do you know this site ?

http://www.welshcoalmines.co.uk/DisastersList.htm
Good hunting Val

Go to Top of Page

Sunny71

1 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2020 :  21:55:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I have just joined this forum in search for my Brown family and I had a 3rd great Aunt called Beatrice Brown born 1885 married to Isaac Nash, I have her parents being John Brown (1849 - ? ) and Mary Ann Davies (1853 -?) she had siblings Florence and Thomas and a half brother William John Brown my great great grandfather. If this is your Beatrice are you able to help on John Brown or do you have any information on the Browns?

Many thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.